General 2018 NRL Ladder

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Nothing on Big League Wrap either, just talked bloody Panthers collapse, not on how grest the Warriors actually were to cause it. Watched it on purpose for that reason. They're damn scared and hoping it all goes away. Not even a mention in the improvers section over the past month too.

Let's do a Catalan Dragons and ship this damn trophy overseas for the very first time. Put all these smart arses where they belong.

Called the Ostrich/Emu syndrome. If we don't talk about you, you don't exist and if you don't exist, how can you win.

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Interesting stat, 9 of the last 18 games featuring a top 8 side vs a bottom 8 side have been won by the bottom 8 side- there are no gimme games.

Fonzies Tram Line

Fonzies Tram Line

If there isn’t already, there needs to be a competition here on predictions for the final ladder standings after this round...

Lance155

Lance155

Looks like if we win we are a pretty strong chance for a home semi. I expect one of the dragons or panthers to drop their game. Not worried about the points dif of the Broncs

Sup42

Sup42

Let's hope the Raiders are thinking about mad Monday.

Someone at the Warriors should leave Buckets of KFC in the Raiders dressing room.

Fatest team in the NRL.

Reactions: 1 users
Hadyn

Hadyn

Did I hear things right on NRL 360 when they went over the chances/form guide of the top 8 sides with Anasta.

They went over all of the sides except the Warriors? Happy to have missed but I thought I was paying attention.

Sure Kearney was the next segment but a bit different conversation.
Didn't mention us on Big League wrap or 100% Football or Jamie Sowards programme on the NRL website either....out of sight out of mind I suppose.
Gould did say on 100% Footy When asked which team can win it he likes the Sharks,Storm,Rabbits,Roosters and the Broncos but it all depends on "how the finals are going to be reffereed"!
That is not good for the Warriors as I thought the games should be reffed according to the rules: evenly,fairly and the same for all the teams but call me an old fashioned.

Speaking of refs it is ironic that on these shows the Sharks are the "real deal","contenders","team on the rise" and we are dismissed as "inconsistent"and "can't be followed" or "always let you down" yet except for an ignored forward pass we would be where the Sharks are in the top four and they would be where we are.
What a difference one two metre forward pass makes.............wankers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
yep, bang on, we didn't come up in conversation, being nice, maybe it was because SK was on next
Usually Ben Ikin and Paul Kent have been pretty upbeat about the warriors this year so i am not sure if it was a snub or not
Silence is golden brother. they don't like the thought of the Warriors winning. They must have more fear than I have confidence though.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
pbrown01123

pbrown01123

Contributor
Silence is golden brother. they don't like the thought of the Warriors winning. They must have more fear than I have confidence though.

just watched today's nrl 360 ( ep 76 ) - only allegations upto now but imagine if we play Cronulla in the finals, get beat ( God forbid ), and then they're found to have cheated the cap??? this apart from the points and league position they've cost us already. unless of course all the teams are at it?

Sup42

Sup42

just watched today's nrl 360 ( ep 76 ) - only allegations upto now but imagine if we play Cronulla in the finals, get beat ( God forbid ), and then they're found to have cheated the cap??? this apart from the points and league position they've cost us already. unless of course all the teams are at it?
I watched 360 as well, and posted in another thread.

Yes it would be just our luck to strike one of these scenarios where we get a steely determined Sharks side, did you see the Arrogant expression on Lewis's gob ? he was totally bloody minded.

I used to like him because he was one of the best backrowers in the modern era, being associated with the Sharks has tainted that for me.

The flip side is if they have breached the cap, the Refs will be told I am sure from on high not to cut them any favors...what an embarrassment if they win the comp.

I now see them as worse than THE CHEATS....they have drug and cap cheaters.

Defence

Defence

I watched 360 as well, and posted in another thread.

Yes it would be just our luck to strike one of these scenarios where we get a steely determined Sharks side, did you see the Arrogant expression on Lewis's gob ? he was totally bloody minded.

I used to like him because he was one of the best backrowers in the modern era, being associated with the Sharks has tainted that for me.

The flip side is if they have breached the cap, the Refs will be told I am sure from on high not to cut them any favors...what an embarrassment if they win the comp.

I now see them as worse than THE CHEATS....they have drug and cap cheaters.

I was thinking the same thing- can't see them getting many 50/50 calls in the finals.
As for Luke Lewis.... he tried to portray himself as a meathead who doesn't know anything- he got the meathead bit right but botched the not knowing anything part.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
In defence of Luke Lewis I’ve had to deal with him a few times when I used to work for one of his sponsors, nicest and best to deal with hands down out of the lot (Aussie Soccer players by far the worst most entitled)

Reactions: 5 users

Onewarrior

Big League Wrap always ignores us, I always watch it and they either ignore us completely or mention us in passing. Monday they just said what happened to the Panthers, which was quite obvious, I figure once the finals start they can’t ignore us any longer as there will be only 8 teams left.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Didn't mention us on Big League wrap or 100% Football or Jamie Sowards programme on the NRL website either....out of sight out of mind I suppose.
Gould did say on 100% Footy When asked which team can win it he likes the Sharks,Storm,Rabbits,Roosters and the Broncos but it all depends on "how the finals are going to be reffereed"!
That is not good for the Warriors as I thought the games should be reffed according to the rules: evenly,fairly and the same for all the teams but call me an old fashioned.

Speaking of refs it is ironic that on these shows the Sharks are the "real deal","contenders","team on the rise" and we are dismissed as "inconsistent"and "can't be followed" or "always let you down" yet except for an ignored forward pass we would be where the Sharks are in the top four and they would be where we are.
What a difference one two metre forward pass makes.............wankers.
remember that they are thinking about the last 7 years history as well and they are fully entitled to think the warriors arent up to it based on that. Also the warriors are in 8th place.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
The NRL have come out and said that they are compliant in 2018, so i assume they are looking at past years.

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Big League Wrap always ignores us, I always watch it and they either ignore us completely or mention us in passing. Monday they just said what happened to the Panthers, which was quite obvious, I figure once the finals start they can’t ignore us any longer as there will be only 8 teams left.

The story will be 'how did they lose to the 8th placed team?' followed by a full analysis of that team's errors. No need to mention us.

• Haha