General 2018 NRL Ladder

It's amazing and it's looking now like we should be grateful to make the eight more than any competition year.....the way the Dogs and Raiders are playing thank God the dogs have clicked too late and the Raiders game is not determinant of our finals Hope's.

Dogs will probably do the Shafks.

As it was the Tigers put in a good chase, got to feel sorry for their fans.

How valuable was a last minute drop goal from Shaun Johnson in Canberra all those months ago ?

Season defining clutch play...give that man Warriors playeri the year.

No sympathy whatsoever for the Tigz fans. They have every advantage associated with Sydney clubs including most games being at home or within 10km of home. I also believe that the Penrith / Gould / Cleary situation has cast doubts over the integrity of Cleary and that that shadow will loom over the Tigz while he remains around. (Sensing also that it's gotten to young Nathan too)
Add to this the rah-rah the team get from certain so-called commentators and the legs up they get at Leichardt from fans screaming for penalties at every play, (thrashing around just like Penrith) and the refs getting sucked into it.

What a huge difference between how Penrith and Wests Tigers sportsmanship plays out, compared to Warriors and say the Titans who, given the chance, play within the rules and spirit of the game most of the time.

Nah, they deserve what they have now, an extended off-season. I feel more sympathy for the Board to be honest, who seem to be trying hard. Maybe they'd be better off without Ivan...after all it's his revamped team that has missed the playoffs again.

Reactions: 3 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
just looking at what should have been instead of what is.

taking into account that the sharks gained 6 points from wins that were only because of a stuff up by the ref on the field, they should currently be sitting on 26 points. That puts them behind the tigers. Canberra would have gotten 4 of those points and be on 26 points with wests but ahead of them due to for and against with sharks in front of them, the warriors would be on 32 points and sitting 5. All this means that the top 10 teams are separated by only 8 points.

but ignore all that and working with what actually is and the warriors still have a shot at a home semi, if they can beat the raiders and the storm beat the panthers, and the knights beat the Dragons. I dont know about this, im not sure i see the knights beating the dragons and if they dont then it means that NZ only chance is a massive points victory (unlikely) or sea eagles beat the broncos. and i dont see that happening either.

So i see the warriors in either 7th or 6th at the end of the regular season only. with more likely ending at 7th.

Storm vs Panthers - winner Storm......................... current for and against difference 50 - 21 = 29 <lose and who cares> 30 points
Dragons vs Kights - winner Knights.................... current for and against difference 37 - 21 = 16 <win but anything is possible> 32 points
Broncos vs Sea Eagles - winner Broncos................current for and against difference 24 - 21 = 3 <more likely to win and post a big score> 32 points

For the warriors to decide their own future they need to win and win huge against the Raiders.

Reactions: 2 users
No NRL Ladder predictor this year - copy and paste this below and let's see who we all think will progress through.

Week 1
Home v Away

First Qualifying Final (QF1) - 1st v 4th

Second Qualifying Final (QF2) - 2nd v 3rd

First Elimination Final (EF1) -
5th v 8th

Second Elimination Final (EF2) - 6th v 7th

Week 2

First Semi-Final (SF1) - Loser QF1 v Winner EF1

Second Semi-Final (SF2) - Loser QF2 v Winner EF2

Week 3

First Preliminary Final (PF1) -
Winner QF1 v Winner SF2

Second Preliminary Final (PF2) - Winner QF2 v Winner SF1

Week 4

Grand Final -
Winner PF1 v Winner PF2

Reactions: 1 user
Week 1 Home v Away

First Qualifying Final (QF1) - Storm v Sharks

Second Qualifying Final (QF2) - Roosters v Rabbitohs

Broncos v Dragons

Second Elimination Final (EF2) - Warriors v Panthers

Week 2

First Semi-Final (SF1) - Storm v Broncos

Second Semi-Final (SF2) - Roosters v Warriors

Week 3

Sharks v Warriors

Second Preliminary Final (PF2) - Rabbitohs v Storm

Week 4

Grand Final -
Sharks v Storm

Winner - Cronulla Sharks

• Sad
Week 1 Home v Away

First Qualifying Final (QF1) - Storm V Sharks

Second Qualifying Final (QF2) - Roosters V Rabbitohs

Dragons V Warriors

Second Elimination Final (EF2) - Panthers V Broncos

Week 2

First Semi-Final (SF1) - Sharks v Dragons

Second Semi-Final (SF2) - Roosters v Broncos

Week 3

Storm V Roosters

Second Preliminary Final (PF2) - Rabbitohs v Dragons

Week 4

Grand Final -
Rabbitohs V Roosters

Winner Rabbitohs.

Sorry everyone. As much as we all want to see NZ Warriors in Grand Final I still think NRL wants Roosters, Rabbitohs derby and that's what we're going to get this year. Russell Crowe to win his second grand final in so many years. Premiership winning Rabbitohs coach Anthony Siebold to move to Brisbane after this year to become Broncos coach in 2019. That's when I think we will win it. NZ Warriors V Broncos 2019 Grand Final followed by NZ Warriors V Broncos Grand Final in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 ... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Week 1 Home v Away

First Qualifying Final (QF1) - Storm v Rabbitohs

Second Qualifying Final (QF2) - Roosters v Sharks

Broncos v Warriors

Second Elimination Final (EF2) - Panthers v Dragons

Week 2

First Semi-Final (SF1) -Rabbitohs v Warriors

Second Semi-Final (SF2) - Roosters v Panthers

Week 3

Storm v Warriors

Second Preliminary Final (PF2) - Sharks v Roosters

Week 4

Grand Final -
Storm v Sharks

Sharks wins the trophy

bruce

Contributor
just looking at what should have been instead of what is.

taking into account that the sharks gained 6 points from wins that were only because of a stuff up by the ref on the field, they should currently be sitting on 26 points. That puts them behind the tigers. Canberra would have gotten 4 of those points and be on 26 points with wests but ahead of them due to for and against with sharks in front of them, the warriors would be on 32 points and sitting 5. All this means that the top 10 teams are separated by only 8 points.

but ignore all that and working with what actually is and the warriors still have a shot at a home semi, if they can beat the raiders and the storm beat the panthers, and the knights beat the Dragons. I dont know about this, im not sure i see the knights beating the dragons and if they dont then it means that NZ only chance is a massive points victory (unlikely) or sea eagles beat the broncos. and i dont see that happening either.

So i see the warriors in either 7th or 6th at the end of the regular season only. with more likely ending at 7th.

Storm vs Panthers - winner Storm......................... current for and against difference 50 - 21 = 29 <lose and who cares> 30 points
Dragons vs Kights - winner Knights.................... current for and against difference 37 - 21 = 16 <win but anything is possible> 32 points
Broncos vs Sea Eagles - winner Broncos................current for and against difference 24 - 21 = 3 <more likely to win and post a big score> 32 points

For the warriors to decide their own future they need to win and win huge against the Raiders.
My arithmetic was wrong. If either the Panthers or the Dragons lose I thought we were into 6th spot assuming we win against Canberra. We need both to lose and then we are into sixth and a home final.

That seems unlikely. If one of them were to lose we have a better chance against the Dragons who only lead us by 16 points on differential. I cannot see them losing to the Knights so a home final is unlikely, more likely an away final to the Dragons.

going on what I saw last night with the Bulldogs and Dragons game and the injuries the Dragons got I would be more than happy to play the Dragons anywhere. Main thing thats concerning me at present is the Raiders are a big side and we struggle against those so Im concerned about about injuries from the game that may impact us badly once the finals actually start. I'm willng to say to hell with the Raiders result and pull a bunch of guys out for the game with a view to putting out a full strength rested side against whomever it may be that finishes 5th.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
40294514_10156063045868074_2026973097671786496_n.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
My arithmetic was wrong. If either the Panthers or the Dragons lose I thought we were into 6th spot assuming we win against Canberra. We need both to lose and then we are into sixth and a home final.

That seems unlikely. If one of them were to lose we have a better chance against the Dragons who only lead us by 16 points on differential. I cannot see them losing to the Knights so a home final is unlikely, more likely an away final to the Dragons.

The likeliest way for us to get a home final is for Panthers to lose to Storm and us to beat Raiders with a margin 4 greater than the Broncos victory over the Eagles.

But the comp is so close we could still win big and finish 8th, or lose a close one and finish 5th.

I'd prefer we just get the win however it happens for the confidence factor rather than the home final factor (also for the enjoy my weekend factor as travelling up to Auckland for it on Friday!).
After all its not really gonna be this game that determines the home final, its those losses that shouldn't have been.

Did I hear things right on NRL 360 when they went over the chances/form guide of the top 8 sides with Anasta.

They went over all of the sides except the Warriors? Happy to have missed but I thought I was paying attention.

Sure Kearney was the next segment but a bit different conversation.

Did I hear things right on NRL 360 when they went over the chances/form guide of the top 8 sides with Anasta.

They went over all of the sides except the Warriors? Happy to have missed but I thought I was paying attention.

yep, bang on, we didn't come up in conversation, being nice, maybe it was because SK was on next
Usually Ben Ikin and Paul Kent have been pretty upbeat about the warriors this year so i am not sure if it was a snub or not

Inruin

Contributor

fear is starting to set in that there is a real chance that the trophy may end up not just out of Sydney, but out of the country as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did they cover the Warriors on Big league wrap? couldn't watch all of it.
Nothing on Big League Wrap either, just talked bloody Panthers collapse, not on how grest the Warriors actually were to cause it. Watched it on purpose for that reason. They're damn scared and hoping it all goes away. Not even a mention in the improvers section over the past month too.

Let's do a Catalan Dragons and ship this damn trophy overseas for the very first time. Put all these smart arses where they belong.

Reactions: 5 users
yep, bang on, we didn't come up in conversation, being nice, maybe it was because SK was on next
Usually Ben Ikin and Paul Kent have been pretty upbeat about the warriors this year so i am not sure if it was a snub or not
That is really weird and will fuel our paranoia a little more lol.

A view often taken is that it is an Australian competition and Australian TV.

In this instance that doesn't stand. There are eight teams in the finals you talk about all of them because there is not just interest in all of them, but clearly the fate of one affects the fates of the others.

Reactions: 1 users