General 2018 NRL Ladder

AlexM

AlexM

Origin has the potential to ruin the Dragons , storm and Panthers.
We can surge to no.1

Reactions: 4 users
FAN

FAN

It just all feels like a dream still. Round 9 and we are 7 from 9, unreal.

Reactions: 8 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I say it every season but the points differential is usually a good guide to where a team is going to end up. Currently we are 6th on differential thanks to the Melbourne blowout. My guess is that they team will improve on that from now on so IMO they are definite top four prospects, unless injury strikes.

Reactions: 6 users

wrighty

Origin has the potential to ruin the Dragons , storm and Panthers.
We can surge to no.1

Just remember we are out of action for origin 2 as the Denver Kiwis vs England test is on. I know the entire comp has a bye that weekend but our boys won't be home in time for a thursday turn around the next week.

Half our team will be in that Denver test.

Your points holds though for origin one and three.

Reactions: 1 users

wrighty

I quite like that we are number 2 instead of being number one. If we were winning the comp our lads would go all giddy and not know how to handle the expectations.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Round 14 to 19 is our visible stumbling block that I can see.

1. Manly away Christchurch
2. Cowboys away
3. Denver test - 7-8 Warriors likely chosen
4. Sharks home - 3 days after players back
5. Panthers away
6. Broncs away
7. Storm home

This period will be extremely tough on many fronts. Lucky we've set ourselves up with 7/2 so far.

Reactions: 3 users

wrighty

2. Cowboys away
5. Panthers away
6. Broncs away
7. Storm home

This period will be extremely tough on many fronts. Lucky we've set ourselves up with 7/2 so far.

How do the warriors traditionally do in CHCH or Wellington?

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
My memory is sawdust, but only away NZ game I can remember us winning in a long time was 2014 in Welly vs Tigers. We also have about a 33% overall strikerate vs Shmanly, those combined is why I added that one despite their current form.

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

2. Cowboys away
5. Panthers away
6. Broncs away
7. Storm home

On paper that CH CH game is a write off, but at some point the Warriors have to step up like the Aussie Rep players that back up from SOO and man up.

Thereafter its the type of tough run we need I recon. I want us going to the finals tough as nails in our first year as the new Warriors, sets us up really well for every year thereafter and buries those late season wimp outs.

Reactions: 2 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor

Beat the bulldogs in wellington in '16, same game Roger Tuivasa-Sheck did his knee.

since then its been new plymouth - loss to raiders, christchurch - loss to panthers, dunedin - loss to bulldogs, hamilton - loss to dragons.

most of those they didn't even have a dig, pretty much been insulting their NZ audience away from Mt Smart.

Reactions: 5 users
Sup42

Sup42

Beat the bulldogs in wellington in '16, same game Roger Tuivasa-Sheck did his knee.

since then its been new plymouth - loss to raiders, christchurch - loss to panthers, dunedin - loss to bulldogs, hamilton - loss to dragons.

most of those they didn't even have a dig, pretty much been insulting their NZ audience away from Mt Smart.
So many Lame excuses.
Fans used to make up excuses for them " these away games are bad for the Warriors"

When you look back now it is patently ridiculous. All the machinations that fans would grasp onto to excuse the perpetrator.

Stockholm syndrome, the Victims of the Warriors identifying with the abuser.

Pretty much the Warriors owe CH CH a war of wars....and fans from Melbourne and Wolongong say hello too.

Last edited:
JBmurc

JBmurc

2. Cowboys away
5. Panthers away
6. Broncs away
7. Storm home

Will be tough but so is the 2018 warriors ...I really would like to see us give the chch fans a ripping game with 20+ points on the rough Eagles >> And a Big comeback wins over Broncs (we do play great at Suncorp ..would love to make this game) and must win over Storm we want to be taken seriously to take the title>> Cows / Panthers /sharks could be tough if we can take one of these with the other results I'll be happy

JBmurc

JBmurc

Anyone find it a right laugh the ongoing NRL talk show talk on Dragons being a step above other teams etc and nil comments on the fact we beat them not once have I heard on the talk shows of warriors having the better of the dragons

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Anyone find it a right laugh the ongoing NRL talk show talk on Dragons being a step above other teams etc and nil comments on the fact we beat them not once have I heard on the talk shows of warriors having the better of the dragons
It was the fifty point hiding aye.
It has dropped us out of the conversation till we pay Melbourne back....everyone's weary of Warrior fatigue.

The main difference really is the points for and against....even before we played the Dragons their attack and defence has held them on the next level.

They have well and truly shut up the suggestion that they have not played and beaten anyone good.

They are the best team just now.

Crucially they have had their top side fit all season....the Warriors at full strength haven't actually played a game yet....hopefully that side appears on the finals leg.....hello premiership shot at the title,

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Makasene

Makasene

2. Cowboys away
5. Panthers away
6. Broncs away
7. Storm home

I don't disagree.

However, we have shown already our ability to overcome some tough stretches of games.

jonno

jonno

The storm are currently 4th. But if we'd beaten them the other week they'd be 10th...

Amazing what 2 points can do for your season.

wrighty

What dissapoints me is that we are only two wins clear of being in that log jam of teams on 10 points. It seems we have played outstandingly well, the broncos and storm notwithstanding, and yet the pack is easily in touch with us.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
What dissapoints me is that we are only two wins clear of being in that log jam of teams on 10 points. It seems we have played outstandingly well, the broncos and storm notwithstanding, and yet the pack is easily in touch with us.
But they are all playing against each other to close the gap. We are playing teams below us to stay in front.

FAN

FAN

I think this shows how close the comp and the team's all are this season. Fingers crossed we keep going the way we have thus far. Two points in this comp right now, can make a huge difference. As always a team's for and against is extremely important.