General 2018 NRL Ladder

I think we will hold on to 8th, that is a very good result for us given the compact ladder.
I feel more comfortable at 8 than say 4. A home game for us just creates expectation and pressure, something we have yet to master.
Our away record has been pretty good baring the towelling in Melbourne. Playing away with little expectation of winning is our best chance to win a game or two in the finals. We are well capable of that if we play to the best of our ability and the opposition doesn't, we can beat anyone in the finals. I would not be surprised to see us battle our way to a semi final.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Still in the 8 but it could have been so much better if we had won yesterday.

upload_2018-8-20_17-4-1.png

could have cemented the spot now we still on the edge of our seat with 2 rounds to go

wouldnt be the warriors though if the season went any differently

most teams are helping us by losing some weeks, we just to to help ourselves, for example titans and dogs !

5 or 6th and a home semi was looking good, now i think im happy to play away 7th or 8th

these last 2 teams are no easy beats at all !!!, we lose, tigers win then its down to points differential

It's statistically possible for an 8-way tie for first place on 32 competition points.

What would need to happen:

ROUND 24

Warriors to beat Panthers

Raiders to beat Rabbitohs

Titans to beat Storm

Broncos to beat Roosters

ROUND 25

Tigers to beat Rabbitohs

Warriors to beat Raiders

Panthers to beat Storm

Eels to beat Roosters

Broncos to beat Sea Eagles

It's statistically possible for an 8-way tie for first place on 32 competition points.

What would need to happen:

ROUND 24

Warriors to beat Panthers

Raiders to beat Rabbitohs

Titans to beat Storm

Broncos to beat Roosters

ROUND 25

Tigers to beat Rabbitohs

Warriors to beat Raiders

Panthers to beat Storm

Eels to beat Roosters

Broncos to beat Sea Eagles
That senario,we would likely still finish 8th on for and against.

Reactions: gREVUS
Just to demonstrate how much more even the top eight is this year over last year: in 2017, the Storm finished on 44 points while the eighth placed Cowboys finished on 30 points: a fourteen point difference.

This year, whoever the Minor premiers are, will finish on either 34 or 36 points while 8th spot will either have 30 or 32 points. The difference between first and eighth could end up being as much as six points or as low as two points.

Whatever way it goes, this has been a very tight competition this year.

It's amazing and it's looking now like we should be grateful to make the eight more than any competition year.....the way the Dogs and Raiders are playing thank God the dogs have clicked too late and the Raiders game is not determinant of our finals Hope's.

Dogs will probably do the Sharks.

As it was the Tigers put in a good chase, got to feel sorry for their fans.

How valuable was a last minute drop goal from Shaun Johnson in Canberra all those months ago ?

Season defining clutch play...give that man Warriors player of the year.

Last edited: