General 2018 NRL Ladder

Dragons look shot.

Broncos are fragile.

Penrith looked terrible after their week of turmoil....Malone out till at least the finals....just now they are possibly worse with him leaking trys than without....

To my way of thinking the Warriors are a strong chance of fifth or better.

Win that first home final and you're looking at a short string of games....anyone can win.

I'm calling a loss in our final game this season.

Warriors will be feeling superior to the Raiders, thinking that they have nothing to play for and will roll over. But the Raiders will find that attitude offensive and it will motivate them to go hard one last time this season. Good one Warriors.

We'll beat the Dogs, because we know they are hungry, and we'll beat the panthers, because we know they are a top 8 team.

Good enough to make the 8. But still not doing our best.
the last game is Manners 300th so bound to lose that one

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Woofa

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
I'm calling a loss in our final game this season.

Warriors will be feeling superior to the Raiders, thinking that they have nothing to play for and will roll over. But the Raiders will find that attitude offensive and it will motivate them to go hard one last time this season. Good one Warriors.

We'll beat the Dogs, because we know they are hungry, and we'll beat the panthers, because we know they are a top 8 team.

Good enough to make the 8. But still not doing our best.
You could be right

Teams with nothing to play for will not have the burden of pressure on them

They’ll go jungle footy with offloads and a free spirited style of play

Just look at Parra last weekend

It could be a danger game but i doubt it will make a difference to our placing win, lose or draw

That win also lifted the Broncos for and against. If we keep winning our will improve as well. We will probably swap places throughout the next few rounds depending on who plays first.

Both teams have tough matches next week.

They are away to the Roosters while we got the Panthers. Hopefully we dish out some pay back for the last time and they slip a bit without Maloney or with the dramas going on.

If we are to slide up another place it might depend on the Dragons to continue to lose as the Sharks last two games look winnable.

Well we need at least two teams to finish below us and with six of the current top 8 on 28/30 points (after the Broncos win) that means a lot of variables still to work with.

The Tigers are also a chance still being only one win behind the eight if they can upset the Dragons.

I'd say two wins and a close loss could be enough but depends on other results as our points diff is lowest of the top 8.
Hell even one win could be enough if Dragons, Sharks and Broncos all go on losing streaks.

Games left:
Tigers : Dragons - Manly - Souths
Broncos : Roosters - Manly
Sharks : Cowboys - Knights - Dogs
Dragons : Tigers - Dogs - Knights
Panthers : Knights - Us - Storm
Storm : Eels - Titans - Panthers

However the season plays out for us it has been amazing that the lowest we have got is 8th unless there was a week we slipped out of the 8 which I've forgotten. We are down to the business end of the season and our destiny is in our own hands. A big improvement from the last few seasons with needing results go our way just to be in the 8.

A few weeks ago I was hoping for the Tigers to lose to ease the pressure of them stealing our place in the 8. That would still be good but their game against the Dragons it would be nice for the Dragons to keep sliding down the ladder a bit.

Reactions: Defence and fizurg
What has to happen for us to get a home finals game? I'm not sure how it works
If we win all the rest of the games and St George, Sharks both lose at least one all that then needs to happen is for Melbourne to beat Panthers in the last game and we make the top four.Exception is if Penrith lose today or Melbourne lose next week and it won't matter who wins between Penrith or Melbourne we will be in.

If we win all the rest of the games and St George, Sharks both lose at least one all that then needs to happen is for Melbourne to beat Panthers in the last game and we make the top four.Exception is if Penrith lose today or Melbourne lose next week and it won't matter who wins between Penrith or Melbourne we will be in.
One down (Penrith),two (Sharks and Dragons) to go.
Good old Newcastle Knights,last week in the presser after our game Nathan Brown said that they had three top eight teams to play and he was confident his boys could do some damage and wreck some plans........Nathan and the Knights you little beauties.