General 2017 - Will We Make the 8?

Will we make the 8 this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Kearney dropps Kata, Lisone and Sao for the rest of the season we get this...
Ladder.png

If Kearney keeps picking players who don't deserve to play in the big time we get this...
Ladder2.png

Mods you can lock this thread now.

Its over
It's not over yet. We have a mathematical chance to make the 8.

So we have a duty as a professional sports club to bust balls, kick ass, take names and go hard till we die....

Chuck the kitchen sink in if we have to. Give it everything so that, after all is said and done for 2017, we can look all those Warriors haters out there square in the eye and say "piss off dickhead, the Warriors are awesome" and not have them burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter.

That alone is worth fighting for.

Last edited:
We won't even win next week and even if we do we are bound to lose to one of the Tigers or Knights if not both just to emphasize our inherent softness.
Face facts it is all over and has been from about the time we got to Round 6 and had only won 2 at that stage..........the writing was on the wall then just as it is now for 2018 and 2019 or however long Mr 25% mans contract runs for............be interesting to see who the new CEO is going to be and what he is going to do about it.

Reactions: bruce and Leaguegod
So I've run a couple of predictors for the remaining rounds, we can make the 8 if we only win 3 games (need Panthers and Dragons to lose all their games except the round where Panthers would need to beat the Dragons, not to mention our 70ish and 130ish points difference between those teams needing to be squashed) but conversely we can miss the 8 even if we go on an unlikely unbeaten run to finish the year.

Ergo, it's all mathematical yay! It's gonna be hilarious if we can still make the finals coming into the last game of the year against the Tigers. Would be classic Warriors really to get into that position and get schooled by a Cleary again.

Not much chance, all I want is something to build on for next year. This outfit rebuilds every year from the ground up. It can't work. It has to be based on hard work and focus from all the squad

Inspiration doesn't win comps, perspiration does.

According to people much smarter than me, NZ Warriors now have to win five of their last six games to make top eight and that we are still along with Tigers, Panthers, Titans and Raiders, a mathematical chance in making finals.

That and they also tell me that in pure scientific terms a person would have to constantly fart for six years and nine months to produce the same amount energy as an atomic bomb so I don't know how smart they really are ... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: jonno and bruce
According to people much smarter than me, NZ Warriors now have to win five of their last six games to make top eight and that we are still along with Tigers, Panthers, Titans and Raiders, a mathematical chance in making finals.

That and they also tell me that in pure scientific terms a person would have to constantly fart for six years and nine months to produce the same amount energy as an atomic bomb so I don't know how smart they really are ... o_O

Looks legit, the science checks out.

We are down to mathematical equations, needing to win 5 of our last 7 games. We haven't gone on any big winning streaks and won only one away game this year.

So do we see the club turning it's form around and managing to win away from home which it hasn't done all year along with fixing our points differential? I personally don't and once you get to mathematical equations it is pretty rare for things to work out.

Reactions: bruce and Johnnyray

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
the only chance i see of us getting in the 8 is if the nrl let us put another team on the feild after half time cause all matches we seem to be in the game till then.

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and jonno