General 2017 Week 2 NRL Finals Footy Thread

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Eels starting to show their lack of finals experience. They started off with speed and energy but are chancing their arm unnecessarily. Cowboys on the otherhand are happy to play the numbers game...

Reactions: bruce

tajhay

🏉
Seriously how good are these cowboys. Missing JT and Scott and still playing so well. Lots of their players really standing up! Taumalolo how i wish you were playing for us. TMM great decision to goto Cowboys to learn of JT and Morgan and now only 1 game away from a grand final.

Seriously how good are these cowboys. Missing JT and Scott and still playing so well. Lots of their players really standing up! Taumalolo how i wish you were playing for us. TMM great decision to goto Cowboys to learn of JT and Morgan and now only 1 game away from a grand final.
The Cowboys just Grind Away.. Nothing exciting about them. No Standout players
They just Grind

Reactions: eudebrito and bruce
Went out to the game last night a bit disappointed in the result, but let me give a big congrats to the Cows. This is a team that are without
two of there best players yet still manage to find a way to win. They play to there strengths and build pressure through there unrelenting defence.
Eels were out coached, out played and kicked to death by Morgan ( Please note Warriors kickers). The score flattered the Eels, after Jennings dropped
the ball straight after half time I thought Eels in big trouble. But I'd like to give credit to the BA good achievement to finish 4th considering the debacle
of last year. The perceived threat to League in Sydney's west from AFL was shown up to be a non threat. Next door spotless Stadium Giants v West Coast 14,000 in attendance (capacity 22,000). Last nights attendance at ANZ 41,000

bruce

Contributor
Hey Bruce how many times do you want to hang a man. Didn't we rort the cap once as well. Are we still cheats ?
LOL
Call me biased, call me what you like, I am pleased the Cowboys won.:D
The perceived threat to League in Sydney's west from AFL was shown up to be a non threat. Next door spotless Stadium Giants v West Coast 14,000 in attendance (capacity 22,000). Last nights attendance at ANZ 41,000
I read an article by Peter Fitzsimmons a month or two back when he commented on the rugby posts being replaced by AFL posts at some private North Sydney schools. Considering that the Sydney upper classes don't like league, nor being thrashed by the All Blacks might explain the large crowd at the SCG last weekend and the trend towards AFL with those people. That might also explain why the trend is less obvious in West Sydney.

Call me biased, call me what you like, I am pleased the Cowboys won.:D

I read an article by Peter Fitzsimmons a month or two back when he commented on the rugby posts being replaced by AFL posts at some private North Sydney schools. Considering that the Sydney upper classes don't like league, nor being thrashed by the All Blacks might explain the large crowd at the SCG last weekend and the trend towards AFL with those people. That might also explain why the trend is less obvious in West Sydney.
Your 100% right. AFL support comes from mainly the Eastern Suburbs and some support from the Nothern Suburbs. Very little support for AFL in Western Sydney. I would think Union would be more under threat from the AFL than League will ever be. In my circle of friends Union only gets a mention in a disparaging way.