General 2017 Warriors Members Forum

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I was just being sarcastic lol. yeah i cant wait for it, I think they want to fill the night with positives going forward.. pretty much the same we got last year
They lightened the mood last year by announcing the Foran signing. After that everyone was too happy to be mad. They'll have to pull a rabbit out of their ass this year get people distracted. Good luck. I just hope fans turn up en masse to ask the hard questions...

Reactions: 1 user
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
The forum is on Wednesday, 1st November 2017, 7pm - 9pm.

Not expecting much this year unless they announce the new owners.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

They lightened the mood last year by announcing the Foran signing. After that everyone was too happy to be mad. They'll have to pull a rabbit out of their ass this year get people distracted. Good luck. I just hope fans turn up en masse to ask the hard questions...
I wonder if those kids from Blockhouse Bay Intermidiate would be allowed out on a school night? Or if security would even let them into the venue?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspape...-kids-made-to-apologise-for-grilling-Warriors

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Every time I watch the Warriors I don't feel a need for a forum as much as a need for rum.

If there's some rum offered at the forum I'd attend but I'd suggest there won't be.

I'll await the report, methinks.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Hopefully they are doing a livestream for it this year. Preferably with someone who has knowledge on how to operate a camera.

• Haha

WarriorBall

Maybe it won't be left up to a little old lady to ask the hard questions this year.

Reactions: 1 user
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Just come back from the members forum. I know the club will be putting up the video of the forum at some stage but here is what I got out of it.

1. The ARL are on 10 day of their 20 day due diligence. JD and the ARL are in Sydney at the moment meeting the NRL.
2. I was impressed with Cameron George. He is determined to bring accountability to players for not performing. He wants a winning culture like we all do.
3. SK indicated that they are definitely looking at someone in the half’s. Made mention about how young Ata still is.
4. Negotiations with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are on hold until after the RLWC. It was also mentioned how Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is spending extra time to develop the young players in the squad.
5. Looking at getting a GM of coaching.
6. SK is 100% behind Blair. SK has a lot of passion for this club which is good to see.
7. The training sweaters look good in blue.
8. Alex Corvo looks the goods. Will be making those not up to standard do extras to get them in shape.
9. SK indicated we might be seeing a bit more movement with the ball next season instead of the conservative play the 5 and then kick.

That’s about it, not much really but it was good to be able attend an event like this as a member.

Reactions: 32 users
Diesel

Diesel

Thanks 1995warriorsfan I’ve been waiting to hear something from the MF

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Defence

Defence

Just come back from the members forum. I know the club will be putting up the video of the forum at some stage but here is what I got out of it.

1. The ARL are on 10 day of their 20 day due diligence. JD and the ARL are in Sydney at the moment meeting the NRL.
2. I was impressed with Cameron George. He is determined to bring accountability to players for not performing. He wants a winning culture like we all do.
3. SK indicated that they are definitely looking at someone in the half’s. Made mention about how young Ata still is.
4. Negotiations with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are on hold until after the RLWC. It was also mentioned how Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is spending extra time to develop the young players in the squad.
6. SK is 100% behind Blair. SK has a lot of passion for this club which is good to see.
8. Alex Corvo looks the goods. Will be making those not up to standard do extras to get them in shape.
9. SK indicated we might be seeing a bit more movement with the ball next season instead of the conservative play the 5 and then kick.

That’s about it, not much really but it was good to be able attend an event like this as a member.

Thanks for the run down bro.
Tbh all I hear is blah blah blah.
How many times has this club promised the world and delivered an atlas? Sick of hearing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Thanks for the run down bro.
Tbh all I hear is blah blah blah.
How many times has this club promised the world and delivered an atlas? Sick of hearing it.

Can’t agree more, pretty much deaf to all the propaganda they spout each year now. Will believe it when I see it.

Reactions: 8 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Meanwhile the things I'm hearing is that club has been blindsided this year by Eric Watson decision to sell, putting place in constant state of uncertainty as negotiations continue to drag on, many of players have already lost faith in Kearney and want out as number of them find him arrogant and aloof, with one of big star players having already told his manager that unless things change for him he won't renew his contract, that along with sudden decrease in jersey sales, merchandise and memberships, the thing that worries front office the most is sponsorship as they know the number of current sponsors won't renew once their contract is up. Honestly I wouldn't believe anything they say. When all that matters in this business is results on field, then you know this club is in alot more trouble than they're prepared to admit ...

:bag:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Meanwhile the things I'm hearing is that club has been blindsided this year by Eric Watson decision to sell, putting place in constant state of uncertainty as negotiations continue to drag on, many of players have already lost faith in Kearney and want out as number of them find him arrogant and aloof, with one of big star players having already told his manager that unless things change for him he won't renew his contract, that along with sudden decrease in jersey sales, merchandise and memberships, the thing that worries front office the most is sponsorship as they know number of current sponsors won't renew once their contract is up. Honestly I wouldn't believe anything they say. When all that matters in this business is results on field, then you know this club is in alot more trouble than they're prepared to admit ...

A lot of that makes sense. JD has taken a big gamble on Kearney I guess we all hope it pays off.

Reactions: 4 users
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor

Thanks for putting us in the picture.

It's encouraging that Head Office appears to understand what is required. However, until proven by results on & off the field my enthusiasm will remain extremely low key.

YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Nice work bro, appreciate the update and keeping us all in the loop.
If done correctly our club can build strongly from the ground up!

Makasene

Makasene

Meanwhile the things I'm hearing is that club has been blindsided this year by Eric Watson decision to sell, putting place in constant state of uncertainty as negotiations continue to drag on, many of players have already lost faith in Kearney and want out as number of them find him arrogant and aloof, with one of big star players having already told his manager that unless things change for him he won't renew his contract, that along with sudden decrease in jersey sales, merchandise and memberships, the thing that worries front office the most is sponsorship as they know the number of current sponsors won't renew once their contract is up. Honestly I wouldn't believe anything they say. When all that matters in this business is results on field, then you know this club is in alot more trouble than they're prepared to admit ...

I'm assuming that star player is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
If I recall JD had lined up Geoff Toovey, it was Watson that changed things and brought in SK.
I owe JD an apology then.

Doyle obviously did not want to gamble such an important decision on an unproven candidate. Watson always was a dickhead and that just proves it. My guess is Doyle will not be sitting on his hands when Watson is out the door. From the sounds of it he cannot afford to, it might not be his decision anymore if sponsors and senior players are involved.

The key thing for me about the aloofness of SK is that has always been his trademark, and many other top NRL coaches as well. If he had a game plan that didn't rely on his star fullback playing like a prop I think they could put up with it though.