Injury 2017 Warriors Injury Watch

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You can't tell anything from a photo other than he has ice on his ankle.
Players turn their ankles all the time. It is bloody painful but recovers over time. If it was really bad there would be a doctor around or he would be off to hospital. That is what I am hoping anyway. SJ looks pretty casual about it if anything.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
You can't tell anything from a photo other than he has ice on his ankle.

As for our bad luck, at least we're not Knights fans. Now that's what bad luck looks like.

I know, now NEWCASTLE forward Pauli Pauli has been involved in a serious car crash on Wednesday night.

Reactions: bruce

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Icing is pretty common, always see guys icing knees etc on the bench of games.

The fact he is casually lying on tackling pads, and not surrounded by physios/being assessed inside or whatever doesn't have me worried. Hopefully just a niggle.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Icing is pretty common, always see guys icing knees etc on the bench of games.

The fact he is casually lying on tackling pads, and not surrounded by physios/being assessed inside or whatever doesn't have me worried. Hopefully just a niggle.
From what I was told it was just a bit of swelling after a hard session of sprint training. As you say, pretty common and just part of what professional athletes do as part of their prep and clubs do to protect their investments...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Ryan Hoffman and Charlie Gubb are clear for Round 1.

Ben Matulino as we all know is going to miss the first month after his knee surgery.

Manu Vatuvei is out for an indefinite period but is expected to be back soon. Think his one is a knee injury too but will have to confirm.

Bodene Thompson has a foot injury but scans havent revealed whats wrong. Possibly a bone playing up but no one knows. Even the experts. He's out for an indefinite period. Its hoped he'll be back by Round 1 but thats looking unlikely until they can figure out whats wrong with him...

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Matulino as we all know is going to miss the first month after his knee surgery.

Manu Vatuvei is out for an indefinite period but is expected to be back soon. Think his one is a knee injury too but will have to confirm.

Bodene Thompson has a foot injury but scans havent revealed whats wrong. Possibly a bone playing up but no one knows. Even the experts. He's out for an indefinite period. Its hoped he'll be back by Round 1 but thats looking unlikely until they can figure out whats wrong with him...

And Keran Foran is available from round 3 onwards as long as he keeps his nose clean (or is that Ben Barba?)

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014

So Ken Maumalo looks certain for Round 1 if Manu isn't healthy,

No too concerned about Thompson - Afoa has stepped it up. Question is, does that give Isaiah Papalii a look in for a bench spot come around 1?

Reactions: Defence

AyushG

U20's Player
Feb 25, 2015

Warriors sweat on Hoffman injury
By Tony Adams
February 21, 2017

THE WARRIORS are sweating on tests that could rule star forward Ryan Hoffman out for a large chunk of the upcoming season.

There are fears Hoffman has a serious plantar fascia injury in the wake of the trial win over the Titans last weekend.

Hoffman is walking around in a moon boot and may require surgery.

The club is expecting tests results late today or tomorrow.

If the test results do confirm the worst Hoffman will need surgery and could miss several months.

https://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/warriors-sweat-hoffman-injury/

Fellas thoughts on this? Mt Wellington's post above suggests he is clear but Moley (known for rubbish scoops btw) reckons it's more serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Johnnyray

Dino Velvet

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

Fellas thoughts on this? Mt Wellington's post above suggests he is clear but Moley (known for rubbish scoops btw) reckons it's more serious.

I wouldn't be overly concerned if this was true. I would love to see Hoffman's role shared this season between Bunty Afoa and that new star who is 18. Isiah P (I can't spell the rest - sorry. I don't think I can even spell his first name). I thought Ryan Hoffman's form last year was mediocre for someone on big $$$$.

Reactions: Mr Brownstone

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I wouldn't be overly concerned if this was true. I would love to see Hoffman's role shared this season between Bunty Afoa and that new star who is 18. Isiah P (I can't spell the rest - sorry. I don't think I can even spell his first name). I thought Ryan Hoffman's form last year was mediocre for someone on big $$$$.
thats fine for a handfull of games but they are two young guys who will struggle to fill in for the whole season. Hoffman may be past his best but he is still a useful player who fills a spot and has experience.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

Warriors sweat on Hoffman injury
By Tony Adams
February 21, 2017

THE WARRIORS are sweating on tests that could rule star forward Ryan Hoffman out for a large chunk of the upcoming season.

There are fears Hoffman has a serious plantar fascia injury in the wake of the trial win over the Titans last weekend.

Hoffman is walking around in a moon boot and may require surgery.

The club is expecting tests results late today or tomorrow.

If the test results do confirm the worst Hoffman will need surgery and could miss several months.

Was only told what I posted last night and Hoffman was cleared. Moonboot was only a precaution. I'll ask around...

Reactions: Johnnyray

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
I think this tweet answers the question.

Ryan Hoffman ‏@RyanHoffman12 19m19 minutes ago
Ryan Hoffman Retweeted Rugby League Week

I encourage you to recognise the difference between speculation & something that is fact checked. This is the former

Ryan Hoffman added,

C5Kkrm0UkAExVQv.jpg

Rugby League Week @LeagueWeek
BREAKING: Warriors sweat on Hoffman injury https://oak.ctx.ly/r/5fu8w

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I think this tweet answers the question.

Ryan Hoffman ‏@RyanHoffman12 19m19 minutes ago
Ryan Hoffman Retweeted Rugby League Week

I encourage you to recognise the difference between speculation & something that is fact checked. This is the former

Ryan Hoffman added,

C5Kkrm0UkAExVQv.jpg

Rugby League Week @LeagueWeek
BREAKING: Warriors sweat on Hoffman injury https://oak.ctx.ly/r/5fu8w
No better source than the horses mouth lol. Nice.

My digging got the same reply. He's fine. At the very worst he'll miss Round 1 but he's fully expected to lace up against the Knights...

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings