General 2017 Warriors Draw/Fixtures

warriors4eva

similar draw to last year in the fact we have extra games in nz, also thought that would have helped us

yeah nah !!

Dave Brough

A first round loss and we'll be playing catch up for the whole season I reckon. Storm, Bulldogs and then Dragons at Jubilee (have we ever won there?)
Yea, and a 5 day turn around for the Storm game. We should be playing the Knights on the Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Good to see we finally get to start the season at home. Sure it was rumoured but it's good to finally see it confirmed.

I'm a bit more confident in our chances in round 1 this year. I know don't laugh I should have learnt my lesson from the last few years. But this year I wouldn't be surprised if we pile on the points at home in round 1. That could lead to a lot of positive articles and hype. It is rounds 2-4 with the teams and where we are playing that has me a little nervous.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Good to see Penrith have backed out of their 4 year deal to play games in Chch.... which is odd given they had a great turn out and won...

snake77

snake77

So 4th of March will have Warriors vs Knights at Mt Smart, Black Caps vs South Africa at Eden Park and Wellington Phoenix vs Perth Glory at QBE stadium..

Who the F*** plans this s***? All these games are just canabilizing fans from each other. You'd think they would have some communication with each other to avoid clashes in the same area
We will get some articles about how busy Auckland is that weekend with all of the events on. If we step back a bit it wasn't too long ago that the council was wanting to get rid of some of the stadiums. That would of meant a lot more planning for weekends like this. The cricket test in that scenario would of been played in a smaller venue like a redeveloped Western Springs.

Mind you then some promoter probably would have booked a concert or two on that weekend.

At least we are down the list for a change. The last 3 years or so we have been first or second in terms of the easiest draw. When things turned to shit some journalists that would remember that would bring up our favourable draw.

This year I reckon our draw is extremely hard, I'll keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment and then I can only improve or feel better.:)

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

Good to see Penrith have backed out of their 4 year deal to play games in Chch.... which is odd given they had a great turn out and won...
Was there any comment on this or did they just keep it quiet and put the lets not talk about it face on so no one mentions it.

A shame considering the positive publicity they were getting promoting the game down there. Rugby league is full of initiatives like this that teams/organisations start but don't see through like things get in the to hard basket.

Our record away from Mt Smart is poor so teams shouldn't fear moving us to other grounds in New Zealand. They also a lot of the time get a boost in gate revenue, not sure how much that is offset by the travel and accommodation costs. But you would expect they wouldn't take it on if there wasn't a benefit.

The more away games we have in NZ means less travel which means our draw starts to resemble what the other sides have.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Was there any comment on this or did they just keep it quiet and put the lets not talk about it face on so no one mentions it.

A shame considering the positive publicity they were getting promoting the game down there. Rugby league is full of initiatives like this that teams/organisations start but don't see through like things get in the to hard basket.

Our record away from Mt Smart is poor so teams shouldn't fear moving us to other grounds in New Zealand. They also a lot of the time get a boost in gate revenue, not sure how much that is offset by the travel and accommodation costs. But you would expect they wouldn't take it on if there wasn't a benefit.

The more away games we have in NZ means less travel which means our draw starts to resemble what the other sides have.
Just this spin... about a bonus home game for members

snake77

snake77

Receive its like a gift.:D

The Warriors mentioned moving games around New Zealand and how the members end up with one or two less games. The clubs though need to look at ways to grow their fan base from just their catchment area. Penrith who boasting about that last year.

Mind you it is probably easier for these clubs to just kick their heels in and get the NRL to up their grant to 130% of the salary cap to make their jobs easier.

On a positive it is good to see Forsyth Barr down in Dunedin being used.

snake77

snake77

What are the odds of us pumping out a new jersey when we play in the Waikato?

The Aussies probably won't click on the colours belonging to the region and think we look like a licorice allsorts or have released another rasta jersey.

jsmooove

jsmooove

someone call him the waaaaaaambulance. poor little penrith having to travel too much

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

Lets just make the finals and get a home semi. Hopefully we get a home semi against Penrith we can then remind him.

Hey Phil you said playing in New Zealand twice is too much so I guess you and your pussy cats won't be turning up this week.:p

• Haha
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thats so shit but understandable from Panthers perspective. Was really looking forward to going back there even though the last one was one to forget...

stacky18

Dear Gus
I have a solution. Just play us once a year. One year in CHCH, the next year at Mt. Smart.
Simple enough?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Dear Gus
I have a solution. Just play us once a year. One year in CHCH, the next year at Mt. Smart.
Simple enough?
Sadly its up to the broadcasters. Not Gus or even the NRL. 2018 will see the NRL not sell their soul to FOX and Ch9. Hopefully...

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Finally AT have come on board for the Friday night games at Mt Smart.

Free public transport to/from the game with your match ticket.

It should be to all the games but this is a start.
Vodafone Warriors

Travel on trains to see three Vodafone Warriors matches at Mt Smart Stadium is included with your game ticket on three selected dates only.

Date: Friday 10 March - Vodafone Warriors v Melbourne Storm
Time: 8pm Kick-off
Place: Mt Smart Stadium

Your match ticket will cover your rail trip home. Plan your travel in advance by using the Journey Planner. Passengers are reminded that alcohol is not permitted for consumption on any of these public transport services.

Travel is only included in three Warriors matches this season. Please check the dates of these matches carefully.

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/5e20811559519d40302cefd87908712c

I read the article but can't get back into it with the paywall. Can anyone copy it?

It says our last 3 home games are a Friday night game against the Sharks and 2 Sunday 4pm games against Raiders and Sea Eagles.

We also play Rabbitohs away on a Friday night 6pm Aus time and Newcastle on Saturday afternoon 3pm Aus time. Last round against the tigers is on a Sunday afternoon.. can't recall the time.