bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Dont let your opinion of his last game in the black jersey twist you up. He is still head and shoulders the best Kiwi hooker in the game.
If that is true we are fecked.
You gonna seriously go for a combination of Lewis Brown, Siliva Havili, Kodi Nikorima, Jazz Tevaga, Nathaniel Roache, Te Maire Martin, Danny Levi or Matt McIlwrick with no Issac Luke???
WTF not? Luke doesn't deserve a Kiwi jersey, he doesn't actually deserve a Warriors jersey. At least all the others, including the much maligned Lewis Brown will try their best. This is test football where you have to put your balls on the line.
hat forward bench would sure bring some serious aggression.
Think of the games over the decades where a Kiwis no name pack has turned up with aggro and caused a rout. You don't beat the Kangaroos with Warrior ball alone.

Reactions: Raw Power

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane

WTF not? Luke doesn't deserve a Kiwi jersey, he doesn't actually deserve a Warriors jersey. At least all the others, including the much maligned Lewis Brown will try their best. This is test football where you have to put your balls on the line.

Think of the games over the decades where a Kiwis no name pack has turned up with aggro and caused a rout. You don't beat the Kangaroos with Warrior ball alone.
And for some reason in the past Thomas Leuluai has always excelled at hooker for the Kiwi...heaps more than Luke

Reactions: bruce

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
League: Cowboys coach Paul Green set for Kiwis role
5:34 PM Sunday Mar 26, 2017
GettyImages-470179660_620x311.jpg

Cowboys coach Paul Green is set to assist the Kiwis at this year's World Cup. Photo / Getty Images.

The Queensland Rugby League have given their backing for Cowboys coach Paul Green to help New Zealand in their World Cup revenge mission.

The development came as Australian coach Mal Meninga also threw his support behind Green, saying the international game needs mentors of his quality.

Morons coach-in-waiting Green has sounded out QRL powerbrokers in the strongest sign yet he is keen to provide a winning edge to Australia's trans-Tasman enemy.

Green fielded a shock approach from New Zealand last month to be coach David Kidwell's right-hand man at the World Cup.

Kiwi legend Tawera Nikau has emerged as the conduit between Green and the NZRL, having flagged the idea with the Cowboys coach during the NRL Nines in February.

Green is excited at the challenge of helping the Kiwis but feared it might jeopardise his hopes of one day coaching Queensland.

He will be the Morons' next coach, knocking back the chance to succeed Meninga 18 months ago due to his Cowboys commitments in a move that opened the door for Kevin Walters.

Some critics may view Green as a traitor by helping the Kiwis - Wayne Bennett copped similar brickbats for assisting New Zealand in 2008 - but the QRL has cleared it.

"I don't think it would affect me with Queensland," Green said.

"I've actually spoken to a couple of guys from the Queensland board and they don't see it as an issue at all, which is pleasing.

"The job certainly interests me, there's a lot to like about it.

"I've spoken to 'Richo' (new Kiwi World Cup campaign manager Shane Richardson) and he has said there is no hurry at this stage, so he's given me a couple of weeks to make a decision.

"I've been pretty busy with my role here at the Cowboys but I will put my head it around it this week."

Former Morons coach Meninga said he would have no issue if Green accepted the task of toppling his Australian side.

"It would be great for them (New Zealand)," Meninga said. "We need the best coaches to help the international game and Paul is certainly one of those."

Green is surprised by New Zealand's inconsistency and believes he can have a positive effect on Kiwi players.

"There's parts of the role that really interest me," he said.

"They have some great players in that squad and it's always intrigued me as to why they haven't been consistent given how many good players they have in their team.

"It would be good to see the Kiwi guys up close and what their character is like. Plus to be involved in a World Cup would be exciting.

"There's less pressure in a sense as an assistant coach. Not that I don't enjoy head coaching, but there is a lot of pressure in the NRL and it is a different role I'd play."

QRL chief executive Rob Moore confirmed Green's decision would have no bearing on whether he would be offered the Morons' role.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11825901

Wow, that's an awesome get.

Guys definitely a good coach. Can see him adding a lot of value to what was a woefully under-staffed Kiwis coaching staff from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

WarriorBall

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Dont let your opinion of his last game in the black jersey twist you up. He is still head and shoulders the best Kiwi hooker in the game. Whoever you choose wont be an 80 minute player so will need a substitute on the bench. You gonna seriously go for a combination of Lewis Brown, Siliva Havili, Kodi Nikorima, Jazz Tevaga, Nathaniel Roache, Te Maire Martin, Danny Levi or Matt McIlwrick with no Issac Luke???

Agreed while Danny Levi has been real impressive this season and Luke has regressed he is still far and beyond the best option for 9.

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2.Rapana
3.Whare
4.Kahu (Hiku needs some time coming back from injury)
5.Dallin Watene-Zelezniak/Vunivalu/(Can't pick between the two)
6.Foran
7.Johnson
8.Bromwhich
9.Luke
10.Taupau
11.Tohu Harris
12.Mannering
13.Taumalolo

14.Levi (Has been real impressive and over the years Kiwis have always had two hookers)
15.Taupau
16.Mau
17.Passi/Packer/Asofa-Solomona (fight for the last bench spot)

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
Vunivalu? You also have Taupau in there twice.

Other than that, that's seriously impressive looking side. I'd have Fusitua in there somewhere though.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
You are delusional. Issac Luke is still the best hooker for club and country. Lewis Brown. Really! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...

Reactions: Weno

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You are delusional. Issac Luke is still the best hooker for club and country. Lewis Brown. Really! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...
What I meant was that if he is the best, we have no chance, and I believe that. Sure he might pull his finger out, and I hope he does, but on form he is very ordinary by international standards.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015

Lewis Brown? You seriously need to rewatch last years Anzac test match. Brown was dead set awful. Theirs a reason his NRL career only took off once he gave up being a hooker.

And on your starement about trying your best. Yip because trying your best should get you a Kiwis jersey right, it has nothing to do with talent. Give me Luke over Brown at hooker every time.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Lewis Brown? You seriously need to rewatch last years Anzac test match. Brown was dead set awful. Theirs a reason his NRL career only took off once he gave up being a hooker.

And on your starement about trying your best. Yip because trying your best should get you a Kiwis jersey right, it has nothing to do with talent. Give me Luke over Brown at hooker every time.
Can you read?

If Luke is the best hooker we have we are fecked. Look at his performance tonight. Is that the mark of an international hooker?

If he is the best Kiwi it means we don't have a hooker. The Dragons reserve hooker made him look ordinary. You can have Luke over Brown or whoever, and we are fecked, because we don't have a hooker. So much for our Kiwi spine. A fullback who cannot tackle, Shaun Johnson who is getting pummeled out of his game and Luke is just a bloody impostor.

Reactions: Raw Power

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Can you read?

If Luke is the best hooker we have we are fecked. Look at his performance tonight. Is that the mark of an international hooker?

If he is the best Kiwi it means we don't have a hooker. The Dragons reserve hooker made him look ordinary. You can have Luke over Brown or whoever, and we are fecked, because we don't have a hooker. So much for our Kiwi spine. A fullback who cannot tackle, Shaun Johnson who is getting pummeled out of his game and Luke is just a bloody impostor.

Are you referencing the Warriors or are we are talking about the Kiwis? Because Isaac Luke has one more test matches than any other Kiwi hooker.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings