Recruitment 2016 Warriors Recruitment Strategy and Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on that is that our only real chance to be a powerhouse team would have to be based around developing our local talent. Having a bunch of outside players is great but the truth is we have to pay overs for what are often average journeymen players. This puts you at an immediate disadvantage to the other teams.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
My thoughts on that is that our only real chance to be a powerhouse team would have to be based around developing our local talent. Having a bunch of outside players is great but the truth is we have to pay overs for what are often average journeymen players. This puts you at an immediate disadvantage to the other teams.

I don't think we will ever get to the point where our powerhouse will be fully homegrown, there's too many players need fixing and not enough resources to do it.

For the benefit of these guys careers, let some of the other teams develop them, club can pay someone who already knows how to get the most out of themselves. Look at yesterday, how well were Mannering, Luke and Leuluai playing, and how much of their hard work was undone by muppets who can't catch and can't defend or don't put in an effort.

Last edited:
Late last year a friend and I flew over to Fiji to recruit two boys for club rugby in the Bay both locks. Come to find both well over six foot 100kgs were faster than any back we had and unbelievable hands and skill.These two guys changed what our team could do on the field therefore changed the culture of our club.If somethings not working you need to change

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
He is looking great with North Harbour.
Has a silky style of running.
Looks like he is enjoy the FB role.
ITM Cup he may look good but he was horrible in Super Rugby.

At least his price would have gone down if we did get him but he'd probably see that as a demotion...

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
James Maloney Mk2....

If James Maloney was a below average provincial rugby player.

That could be a viable career option for some guys released by the warriors, they’ll give anyone who played in the NRL at least a 2 year super rugby contract, in the hopes of finding the next Milner-Skudder.

Much more likely to get the next Sam Lousi.

How come the Warriors can't seem to find a good Fijian winger? The talent is right in our own backyard with basically every 2nd All Blacks wing prospect being a talented Fijian and yet we can't seem to identify and develop even one? Aussie clubs have no problem bringing them in so what gives?

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
How come the Warriors can't seem to find a good Fijian winger? The talent is right in our own backyard with basically every 2nd All Blacks wing prospect being a talented Fijian and yet we can't seem to identify and develop even one? Aussie clubs have no problem bringing them in so what gives?

Because we have the Beast.

• Haha
Reactions: jonno and Nahz
Status
Not open for further replies.