STEEDEN

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Auckland
Mannering gets lip reattached to face

Mannering3_180x120.jpg

The scars from last night's dreadful defeat to the Storm are likely to be long-lasting for most Warriors players but few will be as damaged as Simon Mannering after he needed his lip reattached to his face.

Mannering suffered a facial injury early in the second half in the Warriors' embarrassing 42-0 defeat to Melbourne which needed surgery.

"Simon got out of hospital this morning," Warriors captain Ryan Hoffman told Radio Sport. "He had surgery last night to reattach his lip to his face. He doesn't look too good.

I think he's got about 25 stitches to his face."

Mannering is the last player the Warriors can afford to do without as they try to respond to one of their worst defeats in history. He is their best defender, having made a club-high 344 tackles (Ben Matulino is next best with 234) and, as former skipper, is an on-field leader.

It's unclear how long he will be sidelined and his participation in next Friday's Anzac test, when the Kiwis will be going for a fourth consecutive win over Australia, is in serious jeopardy.

Utility Tui Lolohea, who started at fullback last night because of the season-ending knee injury to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, is also likely to miss Sunday's game against the Dragons after suffering medial ligament damage to a knee. Lolohea is due to have scans this week.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11628878

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016...for_.html?mc_cid=10e7842df2&mc_eid=e4545eae38

Cruel luck has struck Vodafone Warriors utility forward Sione Lousi yet again with another knee injury ruling him out for the season.

The 26-year-old second rower-prop made his comeback from an offseason wrist operation only four weeks ago with the club’s Intrust Super Premiership team.

After three games for the Stacey Jones-coached side, he was brought onto the bench for his first NRL appearance of the season – his milestone 50th career match – in last Sunday’s ninth-round clash against St George Illawarra.

While the Vodafone Warriors celebrated a courageous 26-10 win, the day turned sour for Lousi whose 21-minute stint was marred by trouble with his left knee.

Scans have since confirmed he’ll need surgery for his second ACL injury in three years. His 2013 season was ruined by the same injury to his right knee in a trial against Gold Coast in Burleigh.

Meanwhile, it’s hoped Tuimoala Lolohea (knee) and Simon Mannering (facial cut) will be available for selection for the Vodafone Warriors’ 10th-round clash against Penrith at AMI Stadium in Christchurch on Saturday, May 14. The pair missed the match against the Dragons after being forced off the field in the Anzac Day loss to Melbourne.

VODAFONE WARRIORS | INJURY LIST

Ben Henry (patella) | Late season

Sione Lousi (knee) | Season

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (knee) | Season

Reactions: mt.wellington

The Batman

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Cut him, Henry and that clown Konrad. Nice bit of coin to get a few players that actually want to be here and don't breakdown like an old mule every season

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
Never rated Lousy at all - could have used his size etc to his advantage but never looked like he took that chance cementing a first grade starting spot when he good selected. Even when he could of looked a bit likely he just fell away again, too inconsistant and gave the impression of lazy. That being said i do feel sorry for him as its the end of his season, hopefully he can pick up another club maybe in the ESL when he has recovered. :)

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Been awhile since the club released a report. Anyone know of one? Manu Vatuvei's been out for awhile. Ryan Hoffman had a virus last week. Toafofoa Sipley and Ligi Sao are coming back from something? Ata Hingano and Albert Vete are out for this week. Be good to see the club issue an update so we can keep uptodate...

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
Been awhile since the club released a report. Anyone know of one? Manu Vatuvei's been out for awhile. Ryan Hoffman had a virus last week. Toafofoa Sipley and Ligi Sao are coming back from something? Ata Hingano and Albert Vete are out for this week. Be good to see the club issue an update so we can keep uptodate...

nrl.com lists the following:

Warriors: Ben Henry (knee, indefinite), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (ACL, season), Sione Lousi (ACL, season)

According to that - everyone else is fit (which I don't think is right as I think Vete is injured). So not sure where the warriors injury update is!

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Trying to get a list together of everyone thats been injured since Round 10. If anyone can remember who's been out and what Round please post up. Will try update this thread today while I have the time to do so.

Some of the ones I can remember...

Manu Vatuvei
Ryan Hoffman - Virus
Ligi Sao
Ata Hingano
Toafofoa Sipley

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Got Manu Vatuvei. Been out since Round 15 with a hamstring injury. Does his personal leave count as an injury of sorts???

Warriors wing Manu Vatuvei ruled out of Roosters clash
icon_video.png

Last updated 18:08, June 14 2016
1465963416297.jpg

PAUL SEISER / PHOTOSPORT
Manu Vatuvei suffered a hamstring injury in the big win over the Knights.

Manu Vatuvei has suffered another setback after being ruled out of the Warriors' clash against the Sydney Roosters at Mt Smart on Sunday.

In just his second game back since returning from his well-publicised personal problems, the big winger picked up a hamstring strain early in the second half of Saturday's 50-14 win over Newcastle.

He is also expected to miss next week's clash against the high-flying Sharks, although there is a possibility he may not return until after the club's round 18 bye.

The Warriors' record try-scorer has struggled to get going this season due to a combination of injuries and off-field issues.

He was stood down from last month's win against the Dragons for his involvement in the prescription drugs and energy drinks saga and missed the following two games as he dealt with the fallout.

Vatuvei's absence this week opens the door for 2015 rookie Ken Maumalo to make his first NRL appearance of the year.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...nger-Manu-Vatuvei-ruled-out-of-Roosters-clash

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
Trying to get a list together of everyone thats been injured since Round 10. If anyone can remember who's been out and what Round please post up. Will try update this thread today while I have the time to do so.

Leuluai got injured in the roosters game (round 15), he went off for the rest of the game, but was back the next week against the Sharks.

Lillyman, Thompson and Vete all missed the game just gone (round 19).

Hingano has a leg injury (not a first grader, but is in the wider squad I believe).

Mannering missed round 10 (Panthers game), was back for the Raiders in round 11. Was it a virus? (struggling to remember)

I vaguely recall someone mentioning a couple of weeks back that Gavet was injured too?

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Mannering missed round 10 (Panthers game), was back for the Raiders in round 11. Was it a virus? (struggling to remember)
Cut lip...

NRL: Mannering gets lip reattached to face
2:29 PM Tuesday Apr 26, 2016
Mannering3_620x310.jpg

Simon Mannering. Photo / YouTube.

The scars from last night's dreadful defeat to the Storm are likely to be long-lasting for most Warriors players but few will be as damaged as Simon Mannering after he needed his lip reattached to his face.

Mannering suffered a facial injury early in the second half in the Warriors' embarrassing 42-0 defeat to Melbourne which needed surgery.

"Simon got out of hospital this morning," Warriors captain Ryan Hoffman told Radio Sport. "He had surgery last night to reattach his lip to his face. He doesn't look too good.

I think he's got about 25 stitches to his face."

Mannering is the last player the Warriors can afford to do without as they try to respond to one of their worst defeats in history. He is their best defender, having made a club-high 344 tackles (Ben Matulino is next best with 234) and, as former skipper, is an on-field leader.

It's unclear how long he will be sidelined and his participation in next Friday's Anzac test, when the Kiwis will be going for a fourth consecutive win over Australia, is in serious jeopardy.

Utility Tui Lolohea, who started at fullback last night because of the season-ending knee injury to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, is also likely to miss Sunday's game against the Dragons after suffering medial ligament damage to a knee. Lolohea is due to have scans this week.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11628878

Also Tuimoala Lolohea with a knee injury...

Warriors make plenty of changes for St George Illawarra NRL clash
icon_video.png

Last updated 17:34, April 26 2016
1461676035760.jpg

JEFF CROW/PHOTOSPORT
Simon Mannering is likely to be out of action for up to two weeks after having to have his lip sewn back on in Melbourne.

David Fusitua will be the Warriors' third fullback in as many games when they play St George Illawarra in their ninth-round NRL clash in Auckland on Sunday.

Utility Jazz Tevaga and props Albert Vete and James Gavet have been recalled while new signing Shaun Lane is set to make his Warriors debut as the side attempts to rebound from their horror 42-0 hiding from Melbourne Storm on Monday.

After losing first-choice fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck with a season-ending injury in the win over the Bulldogs, the Warriors are now without his replacement Tuimoala Lolohea, who was forced off the field with a minor knee injury after only 26 minutes agains the Storm.

Lolohea is expected to be out for up to two weeks meaning Fusitu'a moves back to fullback.

Also ruled out is loose forward Simon Mannering who is expected to be sidelined for one or two weeks, after having his lip stitched back together by a plastic surgeon in Melbourne on Monday night.

Charlie Gubb will start for the first time in his career in replacing Mannering. Gubb has been used from the bench in his previous 21 appearances.

With Fusitu'a named at fullback, Jonathan Wright will start on the right wing and veteran prop Jacob Lillyman is also in the run-on line-up after being used from the bench in the last two games.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-of-changes-for-St-George-Illawarra-NRL-clash

kbazi

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 18, 2014
Based on this article, if we (here's hoping) make the 8 this year, is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck a chance? ... if so, Would we play him or is it too risky? If Cappy is having Lolohea at 14. consistently, then he'd move Fusitua to the wing, drop Maumalo and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at 1. If he gets re-injured, simple switch around and down to 16 men.

"I'm going well and I'm on track, close to running day," Tuivasa-Sheck said.

"I'm just working day-by-day, but they told me in a month's time could be on the field. I'm just trying not to get too excited and rush back and hurt myself even more.

Is he referring to being back on the training paddock, or playing field?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...roger-tuivasasheck-another-reason-to-be-happy

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Any update on Roger? Will he play this year?
The Warriors website and the nrl casualty ward both still have him listed as gone for the season.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings