General 2016 Warriors Fixtures/Draw

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Also :

2016 Finals Week 1 - Cowboys - Home - Auckland
2016 Finals Week 3 - Broncos - Away - Brisbane

2016 NRL Grand Final - Sharks - Away - Sydney

And knowing how much getting beaten by Warriors in Grand Final is gonna kill him :

Paul Gallen's funeral service to be held on October 12th. Pallbearers Jason Bukuyra, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Wade Graham, Nathan Gardner and Beau Ryan featuring musical extracts from hit 1973 Neil Diamond album Jonathan Livingston Seagull ;)

Go NZ Warriors ! :)

Last edited:
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
A nice 2 game at home finish if we need a few points to make the 4 or 8

t-wade23

t-wade23

Perth can fuck right off with there games.

But man the Roosters,Broncos,Sea Eagles and Storm in the first six weeks will be tough. Plus tigers in Campbell town hasn't been the best pretty hard to start up be pretty happy with 2-4 3-3 to start anything after that would be an bonus.

Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

After no Brisbane game last year I only have to wait until round 2. Fucking yeah.

I like our tougher than normal start. At least we might be up for it.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Decent draw. No excuses even for Perth they know when it is they can play cod till late the week before so they get use to the time zone

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

We usually start off the season pretty poorly. The Broncos round 2 and Storm round 3 are going to pretty tough so all the more reason to start the season with high standards against the Tigers. It would be nice to start the season with an away win with our usual troubles travelling.

The 2 extra games in New Zealand are nice along with not having to play Souths in Perth.

snake77

snake77

What happened to the Friday night slot?
That was for talked about for the new broadcast deal. This draw is still under the current deal.

Not sure if News Limited have worked out Friday 6pm Australian time only suits the Warriors as the time difference with Queensland is only for part of the season. The News Limited articles come have that time slot shared between us and the Queensland teams cause they don't have daylight savings. Even though the time difference is only for the first month or so of the season.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Not a bad draw. Rather we weren't playing the Panthers twice and Broncos twice so close together but meh.

About time we got a win in Perth. 2016, here we come!

My only other observation is that playing the Raiders in New Plymouth isn't ideal, they might think it's late summer and not be bothered by the cold! Should have plumped for the Cowboys/Titans/Broncos!

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

It's being mentioned a 6pm timeslot could be introducing another Nz team. Could be good going head to head each week against super rugby. I think the warriors should get pretty good crowds for Friday nights. I personally prefer it to Sunday.

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Disappointing that there is no origin game and warriors game in aus within a few days to fit into a trip :(

warriors4eva

Another game in Perth.

FUCK OFF.

p.s. Thanks to Raiders and Bulldogs for taking their Home game away to NZ.

Raiders game in New Plymouth is a warriors home game.. Penrith though play their home game in chch... With all these games in nz we got no excuse for another lacklustre season ... But wait .. I'm sure something will come up

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

It's being mentioned a 6pm timeslot could be introducing another Nz team. Could be good going head to head each week against

I'm calling it now. The only way there will ever be second NZ NRL team in next ten years is if Auckland City Council really fucks things up with NZ Warriors head office over Mt Smart and are forced to move to Wellington as result making another team in Auckland a certainty. More likely when 6PM in WA is 9PM in NSW it probably means they've fucking finally come to senses and are prepared to put another NRL team in Perth, West Coast 'I Said All Hands On Deck, Not Dick', Butt Pirates or whatever it is they're called. Which is awesome for me as I so need new team to hate. Storm, Sea Eagles and Sharks are never enough ... ;)

Jordan G

I'm calling it now. The only way there will ever be second NZ NRL team in next ten years is if Auckland City Council really fucks things up with NZ Warriors head office over Mt Smart and are forced to move to Wellington as result making another team in Auckland a certainty. More likely when 6PM in WA is 9PM in NSW it probably means they've fucking finally come to senses and are prepared to put another NRL team in Perth, West Coast 'I Said All Hands On Deck, Not Dick', Butt Pirates or whatever it is they're called. Which is awesome for me as I so need new team to hate. Storm, Sea Eagles and Sharks are never enough ... ;)

I agree with the unlikelihood of a second NZ team, but Perth has zero to do with it. The second Friday night time slot is designed for 6pm NSW time, not Perth time. If Perth play it'll be the unusual spectacle of a Friday night game played in blazing sunshine.

If anything the time slot may turn us into another Broncos with Friday night games galore.

Far Away Fan

First the good news: we don't have to play the Bunnies in Perth! Yay! :)

Now the bad news: we're scheduled to play Manly in Perth. WTF!? :rage:

Yes, I know, the ground will be full or close to, so heaps of money in it all round. But we always lose there, it's too big an ask, so why is playing there a good idea, Mr Doyle? It's sacrificing success for $$$.