General 2016 Warriors Fixtures/Draw

ryno

ryno

We should have a comp to see if you can guess the Round 1 opponent with date and time.

Im going to go for Raiders away Saturday at 7pm NZT

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Old Sid

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a Titans or more likely a Cowboys away in the afternoon slot when the temperatures are 35 and we get to wear black!

It's time we had a home game to start the season and Friday night at 8 pm would work just fine Mr. NRL, thank you very much. How about the Storm? or Doggies!

Miket12

Miket12

The Warriors "out of town" home game to be played in the Naki. More details when the draw is announced tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
mrblonde

mrblonde

We should also have a comp about when the NRL Draw for 2016 will actually be announced.

I think every year for a while now, a certain date has been trumpeted as "NRL Draw Release Day". So you get on nrl.com.au. To find a note "we are still in negotiation with our partners. Maybe tomorrow." Next day "Next week."...etc.

2 games against the Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders
1 game - home - against the Dragons
1 game - home - against the Panthers
Don't mind the Perth game, but would like to see Adelaide or somewhere new.

That would suit me.

Sup42

Sup42

Looking forward to the Warriors hitting the Naki, I'll travel from Aucks for that game..

Used to live within walking distance of Yarrow stadium. Waitara (lived there too) and right across the Naki will be buzzing.

They deserve a Warrior experience, the Bears travel up to Mt Smart and the kids from that club have a sister club rivalry with the Glenora Bears ( kids footy at half time/ pre game entertainment).

Names like Tamati, Cayless( the bros are Mozzies but I've been on their Marae down there they are celebrated), Watson, Talau, and many many others have built on NZ rugby league from that region.

Then there is local boy Bullie Luke from Hawera...(I've met your Nanny...'bluey' son). I'm really thrilled for our Naki supporters......good move Warriors, I'm sure the district council (slush with petroleum money) made a good offer to the Warriors to pip rivaling centers.

When Taranaki target specific event opportunities they go hardcore.

I remember when they flew Elton John out for a single performance in the local park...the bowl.

Flew him straight back to finish his tour of Aus.
I watched Rubens testimonial game at Yarrow stadium against NZ Maori, this game will go off !!!

Reactions: 4 users

warriors4eva

heading to the naki ?? awesome ! give me another excuse to head home

should wear my itm cup 2014 championship jersey haha

• Haha
CompletionRate

CompletionRate

2 games against the Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders
1 game - home - against the Dragons
1 game - home - against the Panthers
Don't mind the Perth game, but would like to see Adelaide or somewhere new.
I agree. Cowboys and Broncos games would enable us to really test our mettle I would rather we get them later in the season though so, A. We don't melt to the floor from heat. and B. So our combinations are fine tuned and we are able to rinse the 'better' teams.

mrblonde

mrblonde

I agree. Cowboys and Broncos games would enable us to really test our mettle I would rather we get them later in the season though so, A. We don't melt to the floor from heat. and B. So our combinations are fine tuned and we are able to rinse the 'better' teams.

I'd rather wash 'em...

I'm not too bothered about the heat on the basis that there's no point bothering about something that's probably going to happen - look for Cowboys and/or Broncos Away by mid-April tomorrow (Herald says the Draw release is tomorrow, NRL doesn't BTW). Also, hopefully there's two NRL Grand Final replays and the first one isn't until at least Rd 5-6, gives both teams time to get their fitness and form (if they are to get form...) up before "This Huuuuge Clash!! The Cowboys fans like their Grand Final replays, Rabs!"

Pleased to see the Warriors have moved their home game - wonder what came first, the Bulldogs saying "We want a home game in Wellington!" or the Warriors looking around and seeing a city that had never hosted an NRL game before?

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
They bloody owe us a home game first up, it's been years, 2012 against the sea eagles last one was it??

I'll say home against the Knights on Saturday arvo/evening, reverse of last years fixture

Broncos
Eels
Roosters
Rabbits
Sharks
Cowboys have been accounted for already, it'll be some crap team, Tigers maybe

bruce

bruce

Contributor
They bloody owe us a home game first up,
It wasn't their fault last year, the Auckland Council booked a concert for the two opening games. That was a serious mistake by Eric Watson to ever trust those bastards, he won't do it again but the horse has bolted.

stacky18

I don't care where or when our first game is.
I do care about us winning our first game!
When did that last happen?
Bloody sick of losing.

Jordan G

Some twitter talk that we're away first up against the Tigers.

Makes sense - a team not expected to do much, first game after an off season of controversy, we'll be raging favourites.....

Feels very familiar.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Some twitter talk that we're away first up against the Tigers.

Makes sense - a team not expected to do much, first game after an off season of controversy, we'll be raging favourites.....

Feels very familiar.
Apparently this is the leaked Round 1 fixture for the Warriors...

Saturday 5 March
Wests Tigers v Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium, 3pm Fox

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Wonder if Bully got it written into his contract :)...

96b7e0df-5943-48d6-abb9-ea75ecaaff7a.jpg

Vodafone Warriors taking NRL game to New Plymouth

Vodafone Warriors managing director Jim Doyle has today announced Taranaki is to host its first-ever NRL match after confirming the club is taking a regular season home game to New Plymouth’s Yarrow Stadium next year.

While the opposition and the date of the match won’t be known until the NRL draw is released this week, Doyle said agreement had been reached with the New Plymouth District Council to use Yarrow Stadium for the Vodafone Warriors’ one scheduled game outside Auckland.

“It’s hugely exciting for us to be taking an NRL game to New Plymouth for the first time, even more so for (Kiwi hooker) Issac Luke who gets the chance to play in his home province in his very first season with the Vodafone Warriors,” said Doyle.

“We’re presently committed to playing one NRL game each season outside Auckland and this is a perfect fit.

“We’ve enjoyed playing in Wellington the last three seasons but this time we’ve decided to try another centre and we’d really encourage fans from Taranaki and nearby regions to come out in force to support Issac and the team in New Plymouth.

“It will be a really big event for the city and the wider area as well as our members and fans from Auckland and further afield who will no doubt be there to follow the team.”

New Plymouth District mayor Andrew Judd said the Vodafone Warriors’ historic visit would create huge anticipation.

“We are thrilled to have secured a Vodafone Warriors NRL game at Yarrow Stadium giving Warriors and rugby league fans an opportunity to experience the NRL live in Taranaki,” he said.

“It’s exciting for local fans to see local lad Issac Luke play on home turf.

“We look forward to working with the Vodafone Warriors to make this one of the biggest events on the 2016 calendar.”

Hawera-born and raised Luke, who has joined the Vodafone Warriors from South Sydney, said playing for his new club in Taranaki would be a career highlight.

“I’ve played in big matches for the Kiwis and for the Rabbitohs but this will be right up there with the biggest moments of my career,” he said.

“I’m really excited to be back home in New Zealand playing with the Vodafone Warriors but it’s a huge buzz to know I’m now also going to have the chance to play in Taranaki, to have all my family and friends there. I can’t wait already.”

Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden was equally thrilled about the club travelling to New Plymouth.

“We’re doing all we can to take the team to other centres around the country and it’s special when it’s a first, as it will be for New Plymouth hosting its first-ever NRL game,” he said.

“I know how much it will mean to Issac and that will just add to the excitement.”

The confirmation of the Yarrow Stadium match ensures the Vodafone Warriors will play at least three times outside Auckland in 2016 after recently confirming they will meet Gold Coast in an NRL trial in Whangarei on February 13 and then St George Illawarra in Nelson on February 20.

The New Plymouth fixture will be the 10th NRL home game the Vodafone Warriors have played away from Mount Smart Stadium.

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2015/11/23/first_ever_nrl_match.html

• Haha
Rotang

Rotang

It will be great to have some Friday night games, we had none last year? I know our Friday games haven't been great, but for me its a perfect way to end the working week. Sit down with a beverage, put the feet up and watch the mighty Warriors with the kids!

I agree RE: the NRL fixtures list always being released next week, next week. They got shamed by AFL last year, so need it out pronto, so I can book in what games I'm going to!

Sup42

Sup42

Wonder if Bully got it written into his contract :)...

Vodafone Warriors taking NRL game to New Plymouth
I would say that knowing how much of family person Luke is, that he would have made this as part of the deal.

The first year he comes on board and we're off to his home town. Too much of a coincidence.