Internationals 2016 State of Origin Game 2

Which team do you support? ALL VOTES WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE AVATAR BET. Read thread post for details

• Queensland

• New South Wales

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
okay here goes NSW side for Game 3

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Aiden Sezer (AR's injured)
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats (Farah's shit)
10. James Tamou
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Wade Graham
13. Josh Jackson (no benefit in Gallen playing)

14. Blake Austin
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. David Klemmer
17. Andrew Fifita

Good side mate and I reckon they'd play a lot better than the sides in game 1 and 2. It's why I always laugh every year when NSW keeps picking the same grubs and complaining about losing the penalty count... I mean, what do you expect when you pick Gallen, Ennis/Farah (doesn't matter which), Bird, Fifita, Tamou etc etc etc (add in recent losses like Lewis/Watmough/J Reynolds) and they're walking penalty magnets.

Only changes I'd make to your side above... I'd keep Moylan over Sezer. Whether I'd play him in the halves, at fullback with Teddy on the bench, or on the bench - I don't know. But Moylan is a fantastic talent and should be in the mix. I'd also consider another prop over Tamou. But damn good side. Much better than the NSW ones in game 1 and 2!

Danpatmac

1. Tedesco
  2. Trbojevic
  3. Bird
  4. Ferguson
  5. Mansour
  6. Moylan
  7. Pearce
  8. James
  9. Peats
  10. Trbojevic
  11. Cordner
  12. Graham
  13. Frizell
  14. Peachey
  15. Vaughan
  16. Klemmer
  17. Cartwright
  18. Merrin
  19. Fifita
That team would shit on last nights NSW team

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Pretty entertaining game broke out in the 2nd half, even if it was helped by Jennings melting down and gifting tries.

If Daley wants to keep his job, his only option is too wring the changes and get a convincing win.

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
1 teddy
2 Mansour
3 Dugan
4 Ferguson
5 TT
6 Bird
7 Pearce
8 Woods
9 peats
10 Tamou
11 Cartwright
12 Frizell
13 Merrin

14 peachy
15 Fifita
16 klemmer
17 finucane
Anything is better than last night

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I only have passing interest in the interstate game, not being an Aussie I don't care who wins, I used to support Queensland but living over here seems to have changed that or it could be the games just not what it used to be in my mind, I don't know, now I wan't Origin to die in the arse so International Rugby league gets a chance to be at the top of the tree, at least in this country.

I know I'm not the first to think it but to me it's not just that Queensland have such great players it's the combinations they've formed over an extended period that have been the catalyst for much of their success.

If you can keep your side together, particularly the spine an area NSW have struggled with for years your always going to be able to execute better. Baring this years ANZAC Test where we were plagued by injuries etc we've started to see the fruits of that with the Kiwis, think how much better we'll be too with particularly Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran all still young.

If NSW want dominance Laurie needs to start with a new spine and new young players like Bird, Cartwright etc and strengthen those combinations to get a jump on Queensland before Cronk/Thurston/Smith all retire because the next mob coming through for them are no slouches either in Hunt/Milford/Napa/Munster/Holmes etc.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
I only have passing interest in the interstate game, not being an Aussie I don't care who wins, I used to support Queensland but living over here seems to have changed that or it could be the games just not what it used to be in my mind, I don't know, now I wan't Origin to die in the arse so International Rugby league gets a chance to be at the top of the tree, at least in this country.

I know I'm not the first to think it but to me it's not just that Queensland have such great players it's the combinations they've formed over an extended period that have been the catalyst for much of their success.

If you can keep your side together, particularly the spine an area NSW have struggled with for years your always going to be able to execute better. Baring this years ANZAC Test where we were plagued by injuries etc we've started to see the fruits of that with the Kiwis, think how much better we'll be too with particularly Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran all still young.

If NSW want dominance Laurie needs to start with a new spine and new young players like Bird, Cartwright etc and strengthen those combinations to get a jump on Queensland before Cronk/Thurston/Smith all retire because the next mob coming through for them are no slouches either in Hunt/Milford/Napa/Munster/Holmes etc.

It actually really annoyed me that Rabs made a clear and concise point "This is the pinncale of our game".... No it fucking isn't.

International League may be small fry on the world stage but it's becoming a damn site more competitive and attractive than watching Origin three times a year.

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Man, Joey Johns looked like bridge material after that game. Felt so sorry for him.
if he were playing NSW would have won, they are desperately missing a decent half right now and I don't see that changing because there is no one coming through the ranks that actually looks likely

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Did they show the post match panel in NZ? Johns and Gould were absolutely livid! It was good to watch. Gould is a wank but they were both right in what they were saying.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
if he were playing NSW would have won, they are desperately missing a decent half right now and I don't see that changing because there is no one coming through the ranks that actually looks likely

I actually think if they get the rest of their side right, the halves will do their job. Pearce, Maloney and A Reynolds are all good enough if the rest of the team is picked on form and not age reputation. Sure they don't have a Fittler or Johns coming through the ranks. But nor is one needed for Origin. It's about composure, and that's where Queensland wins it right now.

When Cronk was out and replaced by DCE 2 years ago - that composure was gone and NSW got the win.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Really enjoyed that game last night ..still way overhyped but that's the ozzy league media machine at work.

Some brutal collisions and classic play. Thaiday tipping Gallen was straight up who gives a fark stuff. That was simply one for his mate Parker.

NSW lost it when they brought on Bird and Fifita.. one minute they're playing good tough footy then they bring those two guys on and they start waving their arms about like seagulls and complaining and bitching about every play.

NSW was surprisingly good especially Frizell.. but QLD was skilfully excellent and deadly with their finishing.

Same old NSW got the players to build a team for the future but still own worst enemies again, dumb penalties, no composure, failure to score with so much possession.

Congrats QLD another mighty performance and series win. 10 from 11. Legendary Thurston, Masterful Smith.

Reactions: gREVUS and Jay M

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 27, 2016
I watched it on the Gold Coast. Holiday. Different story, perhaps, if Jennings had touched down. Joey and Gould were basically saying that JT, Smith, and Cronk know how to win, and the Blues need a leader in the halves.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
I reckon the NZRL should propose an alternative game against each side, Kiwis Reserves vs Qld and/or similarly Kiwi Reserves vs NSW.
That should put their perception of the pinnacle of RL into perspective and place it where it should be as a trial for the Kangaroos.

That should stir it a bit!

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
what were they saying?
I watched it on the Gold Coast. Holiday. Different story, perhaps, if Jennings had touched down. Joey and Gould were basically saying that JT, Smith, and Cronk know how to win, and the Blues need a leader in the halves.

and that NSW don't have those guys in the side that have their authority stamped all over it. JT, Smith and Cronk own that side...who is the equivalent for the blues?

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
what were they saying?

They went more in depth though... It got fairly brutal at times. It felt like Gould wanted to drop names of who he thought shouldn't be there.

Felt sorry for Johns though. Tapping away impatiently with a look of pure disgust on his face lol poor bloke

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Watched the game and kinda enjoyed it, but unfortunately got notified that my grandfather passed away yesterday so more sad than anything.

But on the game i wonder how NSW can ever think they will win anything when they have Gallen and Farah two players who hold the distinguished stat of their respective teams losing more games when they play than they win when they dont?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings