Internationals 2016 State of Origin Game 2

Which team do you support? ALL VOTES WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE AVATAR BET. Read thread post for details

• Queensland

• New South Wales

Results are only viewable after voting.
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Oh man the whinging about the refs thing drove me nuts.

A 50/50 call went against them which could have given them points, a wrong call went for them that gave them points, and they proved they were trying to manipulate refs extremely clearly at the end with the reach around which should negate any "refs don't make the right calls" argument they fricking have when they are trying to make refs make the wrong calls just for them.

but on a positive note: ORIGIN TWONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Who wants to create the "State of Origin is rigged" match fixing thread? ;) Be interesting to check the penalty counts tonight after the Blues whinge-fest after game 1 and in the media today...

That’s why it sucks when the coaches moan about officiating to get some calls for next time, refs are damned whichever way they go, either spineless Cam Smith sympathisers or crooked henchmen acting on their bosses wishes, depending on who you support.

wazzas

Just saw an early 1990's SOO game, which the Blues won at Suncorp. Couldn't believe the game. NO penalties in the second half, no scrums for knock-ons, no block plays, fast, fast play of the ball. Game at pace the WHOLE game. What happened to my game???
I have the box set of the classic NSW wins and the 90's is definitely the best era, although the early 2000's is pretty good too. Both teams are trying to win each match instead of trying to avoid a loss. Loved the forwards battle too, the middle men just charged at each other instead of waiting for their opponent to come to them. Not sure why Origin is falling away (not in ratings of course) but I just look at today's coaches and you can see that neither of them have good technical skills, just motivators. Watching Phil Gould coached NSW teams, you can see a definite plan and are well versed to pull it off, Daley just has no clue in my opinion.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Want to make SoO the spectacle the it once was then BRING BACK THE BIFF!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
22 BEAST

22 BEAST

Another easy victory for Queensland tonight. Game will be tight until just after kickoff then a one sided affair is what we will see.
Queensland by 24.

Reactions: 1 users

diehard

I have the box set of the classic NSW wins and the 90's is definitely the best era, although the early 2000's is pretty good too. Both teams are trying to win each match instead of trying to avoid a loss. Loved the forwards battle too, the middle men just charged at each other instead of waiting for their opponent to come to them. Not sure why Origin is falling away (not in ratings of course) but I just look at today's coaches and you can see that neither of them have good technical skills, just motivators. Watching Phil Gould coached NSW teams, you can see a definite plan and are well versed to pull it off, Daley just has no clue in my opinion.
But don't you agree: the game was so much faster, no scrummaging after a knock on, tougher, no stupid block plays, and the skill level was as good if not better.

Trugoy

Trugoy

But don't you agree: the game was so much faster, no scrummaging after a knock on, tougher, no stupid block plays, and the skill level was as good if not better.
I could go on forever about how our great game has changed for the worse, but always end up sounding like one of those grumpy old 'back in my day' blokes, so I'll save it for now. Lol
But I feel ya bro.

wazzas

I think we can get closer than what we are now, don't mind block plays but at the moment they are a default because current halves do not have great ball skills, its been coached out of them. Hopefully the game can reverse that trend, but I would like to see fatigue brought back as much as possible. A lot of Origin games in the 1990's started like a house on fire, but slowed up a bit at the 20 minute mark because of fatigue, thats when the little men like Langer and Stuart would start to weave their magic. It would be interesting to match up how a game now under interchange would go against if we played tonights origin with just straight subs. Also to remember teams only had to be 5 metres back and there was still more space than there is now.

diehard

I started watching in 1995 when the Warriors began. I've never seen a game before then, so I was shocked to see the speed and quality of the game before 1995 when they were showing a SOO game today. Much better back in the day. Today's players, with some exceptions, are lazy and spoiled.

Trugoy

Trugoy

I started watching in 1995 when the Warriors began. I've never seen a game before then, so I was shocked to see the speed and quality of the game before 1995 when they were showing a SOO game today. Much better back in the day. Today's players, with some exceptions, are lazy and spoiled.
They are also over coached.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
You can thank the Melbourne Storm introducing the wrestle to the game for that...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
As if being a NSW supporter wasnt hard enough lol :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

diehard

You can thank the Melbourne Storm introducing the wrestle to the game for that...
So why has Bellamy and the Storm forced every other team to change the way league clubs play? Having a scrum after a knock on is not Bellamy or the Storm.

• Haha
Trugoy

Trugoy

So why has Bellamy and the Storm forced every other team to change the way league clubs play? Having a scrum after a knock on is not Bellamy or the Storm.
A scrum after a knock on has been the rule since well before the 90's.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Bit of a subdued build up here in Brisbane for this game, haven't felt the vibe around the place as much as usual.
Wonder if the monopoly is finally wearing a little thin, even for us Qldrs.
Anyway, up the Morons!

QLD by 2
First Try Thurston

Last edited:
Swanley

Swanley

Just saw an early 1990's SOO game, which the Blues won at Suncorp. Couldn't believe the game. NO penalties in the second half, no scrums for knock-ons, no block plays, fast, fast play of the ball. Game at pace the WHOLE game. What happened to my game???
And that's why I don't watch Origin....it's a snore fest....Kiwis are much better now than both those teams combined...

I'm actually amazed at how many Kiwis love Origin which shows why the international game suffers....

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Queensland already dominating and its only been 3 minutes lol...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thought JT could have gone himself there. Walker must be shiting himself having to mark GI. Cant believe he made the squad when he's been manhandled so many times...