Will you be attending on Wednesday?

• Yes

• No

• Will try to

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
May 13, 2012
The players looked miserable. I can totally understand why, but yeah, it all seemed a bit of a shambles really.
spot on.

The players did not look interested at all. Looked like a typical you must attend thing.

I would love to have been there and addressed a question to the players sitting there instead of Doyle as to what they are going to offer me and make me want to order my season ticket next year. After 17 consecutive seasons I find my wanting to watch this team and attend games waning a little.

Time will tell if Doyle can turn us around and I really hope he does. Something is very wrong with the whole club at the moment and it is being reflected in the performances of the team.

kenny44

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 15, 2013
The players looked like spoilt little brats actually. Moping like they'd been repeatedly told off. Which is probably accurate.

However, you've got a whole heap of young kids meeting you along with the people who keep the club alive and one of the only reasons you have a job at all - members. The kids are their meeting their heroes, people they look up to and want to be like. Look up, smile and engage with them. All I saw was heads down, bottom lips on the table looking like they hated every fucking second.

Body language is the great communicator and from what I saw it looked like a big "fuck you".

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
May 13, 2012
Was the whole team there? I know of previous ones I have been to, some of the 'top' players seem to leave before others.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
To me the players looked embarrassed, which maybe Doyle was trying to do, to show the team how unhappy the supporters are, will it work? Fuck noes, we will soon find out.

• Sad
Reactions: Afakasi247

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The players looked like spoilt little brats actually. Moping like they'd been repeatedly told off. Which is probably accurate.

However, you've got a whole heap of young kids meeting you along with the people who keep the club alive and one of the only reasons you have a job at all - members. The kids are their meeting their heroes, people they look up to and want to be like. Look up, smile and engage with them. All I saw was heads down, bottom lips on the table looking like they hated every fucking second.

Body language is the great communicator and from what I saw it looked like a big "fuck you".
Sure did look that way.

Putting yourself in the players shoes, I wouldn't want to be the smiling happy guy in front of the fans just now, not with our history of being sick of happy clowns laughing at training (0ne down fk off noddy) and some to go.

Maybe they should put on a training session that is public every week, it would be a radical way of reconnecting with their people.

These dudes are in an ivory tower, they need to reconnect with their people in a personalised way for all concerned.

Some of the Warriors fans look well capable of beating the players up, it's one thing unique to NZ, home of the big dude and tough women factory.

I wouldn't be calling fans out on social media for a roll....some fans as I say...would roll this lot no worries (which is why many get sick to death of weak performance ....we are a tough people....mentally we are the most hardened fans going around) as that lady said she is a pensioner and she went all the Way to NP for the team.

I wouldn't want to get into trouble with her.

Last edited:

kenny44

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 15, 2013
Putting yourself in the players shoes, I wouldn't want to be the smiling happy guy in front of the fans just now, not with our history of being sick of happy clowns laughing at training

Agree, but it shouldn't be hard to find a happy medium. At least smile and look somewhat engaged. It's about professionalism when you're in the public eye, and especially when you're in front of the public like the guys were last night, you're going to be scrutinised.

Granted, I got this from a couple of minutes of video, so maybe what I watched is not representative of the whole day/night, but is seemed more like a funeral than a club gathering. We continually lament the lack of energy on the field, looks like it is the same off it.

Reactions: ACT Warrior

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Agree, but it shouldn't be hard to find a happy medium. At least smile and look somewhat engaged. It's about professionalism when you're in the public eye, and especially when you're in front of the public like the guys were last night, you're going to be scrutinised.

Granted, I got this from a couple of minutes of video, so maybe what I watched is not representative of the whole day/night, but is seemed more like a funeral than a club gathering. We continually lament the lack of energy on the field, looks like it is the same off it.
That's how it all looks to me too from that Video.

I noticed when that Lady got up to talk and said some hard stuff while pointing at the players (God bless you Warrior Mother) that she got Jame's Gavet's ear.

I like that he paused for a second from signing to listen to her.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
It did look abit unprofessional didn't it? I mean it looked like they had just been squeezed into a unused corner of the club house, I mean come on Doyle sort ya shit out!!!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It did look abit unprofessional didn't it? I mean it looked like they had just been squeezed into a unused corner of the club house, I mean come on Doyle sort ya shit out!!!
I think that was the only way they could fit so many players in a line at tables for signing.

That room is usually set out for your typical slick presentation seating when used in this way.

The Idea was obviously to make the players en masse face their fans.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

kenny44

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 15, 2013

At least give the members somewhere to sit. Looked like they had about 12 chairs down the front and there was standing room only towards the back.

Oh and tell Shontayne not to be so trigger happy on grabbing the mic back off people. Geez man!

I'm sure Jim wants to communicate to everyone that the club is onto it, organised and professional. Well it starts with this sort of thing being done better than what it appears.

I'm happy for Mt Wellington or anyone else that was there to come in an shoot me down saying the whole thing including the training was really well done and sent a good message, but I'm not seeing it.

Reactions: Sup42

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Love how she just spoke her mind and wasn't intimidated at all. Respect.

It's a bit tough to be judging the players attitudes based on that footage though imo.

Reactions: Centurion and Sup42

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Awesome. Thank you so much for posting that video up. Unfortunately it sounds like to me more bullshit from Jim Doyle, where they try to deflect any blame or ownership of current problems facing club onto others such as coach or people who's job it is to report on it.
Yeah once I heard the responses from Doyle is was a little disappointed that we were going to get the usual deflective remarks. TBH I dont know why I was expecting anything more. Doyle was never going to throw the coach under the bus. The event didnt have that feel about it as well to be asking the hard questions. Too many kids there enjoying a family night out. Theres always the members forum thats yet to come which is the right format to be demanding answers.

Its why I missed Cappys bit because I decided it would be more worthwhile going outside and badgering the Marketing Manager about signed jerseys, 2017 jersey details, Star Wars jersey rumour, jersey sales numbers, etc. Your general jersey whore type questions.

No biggy for me really. At least they had an open bar and I got two jerseys fully signed. Enjoyed the night.

Only thing I would complain about is why the club would hold an event in the tiny John Walker Lounge by Mt Smart 2? Kind of silly that you would have it at a venue that can only fit 100 people when there are some 17,500 members. I'd be pissed if I missed out. Hopefully we will see a bigger event so more members can enjoy something they should have the right to attend if they can make it. Maybe the large numbers wanting autographs would be one issue but those players get wrapped in enough cotton wool as far as Im concerned...

Reactions: Sup42 and Johnnyray

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Wow. Some of you guys are reading way too much into some perceived players expressions lol. Funny how shit can get misinterpreted off 15 seconds of film. Take it from me. They may have been bored listening to Jim Doyle speak but so was I. Once the fans started lining up for autographs they were smiling, happy and engaging. Couldnt have asked for more from them really. Smiling while the CEO is talking is what those Virgin Airlines Hostess eye candy girls get paid to do for Richard Branson. Not professional athletes.

Y'all need to calm down about that. Nothing to see here...

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings