General 2016 NRL SuperCoach

Would you prefer overall or head to head?

• Overall

• Head to head

• Both. Create two leagues

Results are only viewable after voting.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
2016 NRL SuperCoach

External

Looking to see if anyone is interested in joining the NZWF league for Super Coach. Also wondering if people would like to play overall or head to head.

Overall is when you are trying to win the big prize. Winner of the league is the highest ranked player in the league.

Head to head is when you just play against the other teams in your league. Theres a top 8 and a Finals round. Winner is the Grand Final winner.

They require different strategies so its often difficult to play both formats...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Set up two leagues. One of each.

OVERALL League: 437461
H2H League: 421054

ToiletDuck tajhay Danpatmac Dankokoro 2.0 Lego_Man TAARGUS TAARGUS Fazz iago HD @22Beast Lord Gnome of Howick MBE MarkW @Niccolo Machiavelli

There was talk of doing away with the NNRL comp and instead going H2H on SC. Any thoughts???

Danpatmac

Set up two leagues. One of each.

OVERALL League: 437461
H2H League: 421054

ToiletDuck tajhay Danpatmac Dankokoro 2.0 Lego_Man TAARGUS TAARGUS Fazz iago HD @22Beast Lord Gnome of Howick MBE MarkW @Niccolo Machiavelli

There was talk of doing away with the NNRL comp and instead going H2H on SC. Any thoughts???

i live for nnrl... it is my life.

dont take away my life

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brownstone

Bro'z Inc. signed up for overall & ready to dominate. Hurrell first picked, absolute no-brainer... hopefully

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
No NNRL this year??
Im keen. Doesnt take up much of my time. Be good to play with semi serious peeps even though Im not that flash. Last year a good chunk of the field missed the first draft...

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
We can do NNRL, there's just been some frustration building over it over the past couple of seasons as squads get crippled by the initial bidding stages coupled with how half the players in the game are almost redundant because they don't score tries and don't get PP's or get enough minutes to meet the forward criteria. Not sure whether that's the case in SC but NNRL can have some teams with multiple players who score 0 points.

The upside is that after initial bidding it usually doesn't take up a lot of time throughout the season as there isn't much you can do, other than recruit the dregs haha.

So will set up NNRL for sure if everyone is keen, but also want to try my hand at SC. Oh and I voted for H2H with SC.

Reactions: 1 users
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

I'll go H2H aswell.. just because it's less removed from the reality of NRL.

Also.. Do u guys do player ownership/draft system? My least favourite thing about SC is that everyone owns the same players... My favourite thing (compared to NNRL) is all your players contribute (most of the time).

I'd be super keen for that. otherwise i'm still keen.

My 2c

Reactions: 2 users
TAARGUS TAARGUS

TAARGUS TAARGUS

Yeah Im keen to try a new fantasy comp too. NNRL is frustrating for the reasons Toiletduck has listed. What format was the forum Supercoach comp last year? Classic or Draft?

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
TBH i find NNRL boring and predictable once you get into the season proper. The concept works if every coach is invested into the initial drafts, but as we found last season the non activity of certain coaches led to a huge gulf between talents.

We ran SC in classic H2H mode last year. Not having a draft has its advantages as bad decisions at the start of the year doesnt mean you are entirely out of the race, you just need to use up those precious precious trades in order to make calculated gambles.

Having classic mode also gives a fair indication of where u rank in your state/nz, amongst your fellow supporters and obviously overall.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brownstone

Out of interest are any of you joining both overall & H2H? I wouldn't mind joining H2H also however only if there's space

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Out of interest are any of you joining both overall & H2H? I wouldn't mind joining H2H also however only if there's space
I have no choice seeing as I started the leagues. Cant be bothered creating another team for head to head.

Go ahead and join in the H2H league bro. FIFS...

Mr Brownstone

I have no choice seeing as I started the leagues. Cant be bothered creating another team for head to head.

Go ahead and join in the H2H league bro. FIFS...
I'm just going with the 1 team in both comps also, I guess the end game should be the same - have the best team possible. It's just harder to get there in overall because you use up so many trades during the bye rounds

Reactions: 1 user
Blain

Blain

I'm doing both, my team is TTTHG. Joined Supercoach H2H. I've never player supercoach before, only NRL Fantasy.

Anything I need to watch out for/tips?