General 2016 Members Forum

Will you be attending?

• Yes

• Yes will try

• Undecided

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

wazzas

Is there going to be any announcements, Tony Veitch says there will be some big sports news tonight? Wondering if is might be from the Warriors??

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

MT SMART WILL GET THE BIGGEST STADIUM TV IN THE SOUTHERN HAMISPHERE.
BIGGER THAN ALLIANZ.

JIM, PLZ, STAHP. I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Cappy said Matulino got too lean and light. Not big enough. woooww

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Stream died early....pretty average effort from the camera guy....had 1 job!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Looks like mt.wellington got Ali Lauitiiti's warm up shirt. Pity the camera didnt capture the Afro Adonis!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

And the stream is cut again....what a fuckin average show of technology from a team sponsored by Vodafone....

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Interesting that they are going to be training up Ben Henry to be the teams 'Gilbert Enoka' over he next 2-3 years. Sounds like he is going to have the kitchen sink of training thrown at him and experiences all over the shop learning...awesome!!

jsmooove

jsmooove

i stopped watching about 45 mins ago. gave up on it. anyone able to provide a summary ? would be super grateful

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

IMG 0994

Mt Smarts tv screen is bigger than this monster!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Was unable to stream, anyone got a rundown of what was said?

Fenderboy

Fenderboy

whole thing should be up on YouTube next day or two. Last years members forum is still up and running.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Could of went home a very happy man after Kieran Foran's signing was announced. Was absolutely stoked. Have to hand it to Jim for the way the forum was run. Was hands down the best one I have ever been to.

Also have to hand it to Cappy who did a great job of answering the questions that were thrown his way. What was said to me by one of the staff and I think Doyle spoke about it but by having Cappy remain it means theres continuity with the team and ensures that Kearneys not coming here with a completely new support staff and having to start from scratch. In my mind that meant that the club werent expecting a rebuilding phase and would be hitting the ground running. Cappy admitted that although he fault he had done a fair job it wasnt good enough. He's a better man than I am.

Besides the news about Foran the only other signings were juniors being promoted and a local. Ofahiki Ogden, Pat Sipley and Isaiah Papalii were the only ones I could remember.

In other recruitment talk there was absolutely no truth to rumours that Ben Matulino was leaving the club. No other names were mentioned. Any recruitment or releases were bound by contracts, salary cap, players union etc. Not a lot Tony Iro could share really.

The new coaches for the NYC and ISP would be announced possibly next week. Contracts were still being finalised. The only other junior talk of merit was the Warriors would be entering a U18 SG Ball team next season. Awesome news.

For members there would be better events at the away games. More fan engagement after matches for those away games. They also spoke of the team spending at least 5 minutes acknowledging fans at Mt Smart win or loose. Next years members campaign would centre around a tribal theme.

Thats all I bothered remembering or can recall atm...

Reactions: 6 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Further to Mt Wellington's post.

JD indicated that there will be 4 Friday night home games next season. Kick off time 8 pm.
The first game of the season will finally be at home.
It appears the Warriors are seriously looking at resting their top players from the 9's next year.
They are finally going to take the trial games more seriously.
JD spent time talking about how the team need to start winning games at the start of the season. ( as we have all discussed previously)
Next season a lot of players are playing for new contracts and that should hopefully have a flow on effect on their performance on the field.

Apart from the Foran announcement hearing about the new big screen made my night. I will finally be able to see those replay's.:)

Reactions: 3 users