Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Back in the day when both the ARL and the NZRFL were led by honest and talented businessmen, who genuinely loved the game, they thought that freeholding Carlaw Park would leave a legacy for the future of the game, and it has.
I could ask if the current administration would have the foresight to do it?
foresight and planning for the future, lol.
I get a boner every time you talk about Carlaw, it was awesome!
anyone remember frances leota, wonder if he was as good as I remember?

SaffaSteve

Waterboy
Nov 23, 2016
This international NZ warriors team seams to struggle in this Aussie competition. I've become a bit of a league expert in the last year learning the game from scratch and it's easy to see why the NZ reps need to play club level league. The new faces in the warriors who played over in England didn't really help as Aussie were too strong. Lots of development needed here.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
foresight and planning for the future, lol.
I get a boner every time you talk about Carlaw, it was awesome!
anyone remember frances leota, wonder if he was as good as I remember?
I do. He was ok. The standard of local league was very high then. Almost all the Kiwis played in Auckland, and they were beating Aussie back then about as often as they do now.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
You only have to look at that Auckland team of the mid 70's who beat Australia, England & France in the space of 10 days.

Some absolute legends of the game.. we could do with a few of these sorts of character's in our current Kiwi team

Reactions: 1 person

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
In the last 10 years we've had 4 home games against Aussie and Aussie has had 16 going on 17 with next years anzac test. Can we please get it to a home game for each team every other game. I've only seen the kiwis twice in my life which sucks.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
In the last 10 years we've had 4 home games against Aussie and Aussie has had 16 going on 17 with next years anzac test. Can we please get it to a home game for each team every other game. I've only seen the kiwis twice in my life which sucks.
good point and the percentage of home games is probabaly similar to our winning percentage.

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
https://file.stuff.co.nz/legacy-assets/stuff/asset/NZRL_Review.pdf

if you guys have time to read this pdf its a pretty good independent review of the NZRL up to 2009 and its operations. goes into detail about a pub investment that went bad and the history of player transfer fees to aussie and uk leagues and how the nrl pay to scout in new zealand. talks about the issues that surrounded bartercard cup and the genuine lack of vision and strategic planning that has led to a cash strapped organization.

warriors_hard

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 24, 2016
Reactions: kiwileaguefan

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings