Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Waikato schoolboys is the same.
Sad to say it , I bleed Waikato.
But my first Waikato schoolboy rugby league hui had me walk out within the first 15 minutes.
City hub clubs clash with the outskirt clubs saying I want , I want etc
Not once did I hear the important part of the debates .
Our Children.
So up and out I went , spoke to our childrens parents about my experience.
Told them we either go to union , or join the south Waikato club competition where we will only face three or four different teams.
So South Waikato it was and with them you hear our kids in nearly every conversation.
Happy kids , don't mind playing the same team 3-4 times in 8 weeks.
That's what its all about.
Sorry Waikato peeps , saying what I experienced.
Hate me if you want.

Agreed. Goes back to league not having that government backing.

Reactions: Weno

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
In

Manaia Cherrington went on tour with the Kiwis last year.
Danny Levi one of the premier young hookers in the game.
Fa'amanu Brown won a premiership with the Sharks. Perfect utility player can cover halves and hooker.
Sione Katoa from the Panthers.

Kidwell talked about using the tournament as an opportunity to blood youngsters. But instead he does the opposite.

Martin he only gave him 20 minutes against Scotland and that was primaely due to the injury to Leuluai. He choose the likes of SKD and JWH who performed poorly consistently over the Likes of Fusitu'a, Tapine and JFH
Like your post - would much rather have seen Fa'amanu in there for Lewis Brown and given him a chance - never rated Lewis Brown, yes he can cover positions but in my humble opinion not that well, we must have better - and don't get me started with his runs at the line from dummy half on the last play and go's nowhere, it was like Elijahs Taylor no looks passes................................:oops::oops::oops:

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Results over past year
2 wins
1 draw versus tier 2
5 losses - 4 straight losses to australia.

How can you call yourselves a no 1 team?

I thought the 2013 World Cup clean out was the last one needed but we need another one. Plus a complete new coaching staff

Anzac test needs wholesale changes
Too many selections based on past efforts. The Anzac team should be selected on the best guys to perform in the first 8weeks of the season players should be selected based on club performance it's no suprise rapana fusitua kata all did well because they performed the best of all players.

Reactions: Sup42

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Agreed. Goes back to league not having that government backing.
It was the government that got JD aboard to sort out the NZRFL. So we should be grateful for that.

The Auckland Rugby League were at one time the wealthiest sports organisation in the country. They probably are pretty well off still and it is sad they had to pull out of the Warriors to protect their stash.

This is not just a league thing. Union has plenty of problems as well, especially in the provinces. I know of have put plenty of sweat into both codes in my time.

I blame the Australian Rugby League for the state of the international game. They never have done enough to promote the game outside of NSW and Queensland, and the Queenslanders might even argue about that.

They will be jumping up and down with glee that they have the number one ranking again, and go back to milk State of Origin.

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
None of those guys should be picked ahead of Luke until they actually do something in first grade. He's not playing well, but we simply don't have a replacement for Luke at the moment.

I was responding to a post about who should be the back up hooker/utility player for the Anzac test match with Leuluai playing in England next season. I forgot to mention Kodi Nikorima as well in that list.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This could have been the last 4 Nations. Nothing else is locked in!!

The only international competition locked in is the World Cup.

International league is truely run by fuckin amateurs!!!
The saying used to be :

Rugby union is an amateur game run by professionals.
Rugby league is a professional game run by amateurs.

Reactions: 1 person

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
aussies are having a rest again in 2018. its like a wrestler who only puts up his title with a million stipulations to stop them from losing, we wont get a chance to get the world ranking and prove ourselves against the best. international league is amazing

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
aussies are having a rest again in 2018.
Has that been confirmed?
Ok the players need a rest and we hear a lot about burn out. But they also talk about wanting to play more and their coach also talked about touring New Zealand again.

Like the little kid everyone had in their neighborhood that had all of the flash stuff but would take his ball and go home.

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Has that been confirmed?
Ok the players need a rest and we hear a lot about burn out. But they also talk about wanting to play more and their coach also talked about touring New Zealand again.

Like the little kid everyone had in their neighborhood that had all of the flash stuff but would take his ball and go home.
sorry not confirmed, shouldnt spread rumor, but it has been done before by the aussies (2015) and the quote im not sure where i saw it mentioned the rlpa having something to do with it.

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
It was the government that got JD aboard to sort out the NZRFL. So we should be grateful for that.

The Auckland Rugby League were at one time the wealthiest sports organisation in the country. They probably are pretty well off still and it is sad they had to pull out of the Warriors to protect their stash.

This is not just a league thing. Union has plenty of problems as well, especially in the provinces. I know of have put plenty of sweat into both codes in my time.

I blame the Australian Rugby League for the state of the international game. They never have done enough to promote the game outside of NSW and Queensland, and the Queenslanders might even argue about that.

They will be jumping up and down with glee that they have the number one ranking again, and go back to milk State of Origin.

What sort of stash was that? The years of protecting must have built up a bit of interest lol

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Th
What sort of stash was that? The years of protecting must have built up a bit of interest lol
They owned Carlaw Park freehold and now lease it out. They freeholded it from the Auckland Hospital Board in 1974 for $200,000. It will be worth much more now.

• Haha
Reactions: gREVUS

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Th

They owned Carlaw Park freehold and now lease it out. They freeholded it from the Auckland Hospital Board in 1974 for $200,000. It will be worth much more now.

I was taking a shot at the arl - having a stash as a not for profit wouldn't be that surprising lol

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I was taking a shot at the arl - having a stash as a not for profit wouldn't be that surprising lol
Back in the day when both the ARL and the NZRFL were led by honest and talented businessmen, who genuinely loved the game, they thought that freeholding Carlaw Park would leave a legacy for the future of the game, and it has.
I could ask if the current administration would have the foresight to do it?

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
playing a back rower at five eighth is not a new idea or that silly, greg bird played there in origin and that worked out ok. it was that or a rookie so kidwell was on a hiding to nothing. I doubt either would have worked, we need everything to go our way to beat aussie and everything going our way includes neither of those options.
I haven't seen anything to say kidwell knows what he is doing but hanging him for taking that punt is bs.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings