Internationals 2016 Australia v Kiwis Test, Perth

For me this game comes down to forward power and defense. They have the better kicking game and better backs.

We need to win the battle up front and take their time away. We can score points if our forwards can dominate.
I see it as the total opposite of the Warriors mindset in the Forwards, and in the case of the Roos spine.....the total opposite of the Warriors model again.
...so yeah I'm loving this shit Kidwell has dished up with his V8 idea....it should settle some Warrior debates about the need for big kick return Wings, as compared to having the best spine (Foran, Shaun Johnson, Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) is like Aussies pinning their hopes on the spine in the face of asuperirior enemy go forward ,(very Warrior like).

It Starts with Manu being left out.

NZ are going to try Props for Props jobs instead of the Warriors way.

We will be able to gauge what that does for a Warrior halves pairing for the first time.

This will be a rare opportunity to get an experiment going that is probably more valuable to Jim and Kearney than any Fab group think tank.

The other great test measure is what happens when the best forwards compete for territory......Versus the best backs at gaining territory ?

Conventional Wisdom says Forwards win the game (which is where the Warriors without territory kickers can't ask this fundamental Question themselves).

The truth will be revealed in just over three hours time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Really don't like that.

Is Wayne scurrah running the Kiwis now?

Don't fuck with classics.
I agree with your sentiment....however the beautiful Maori recognition on that shirt is likely to see more complaints than Pirtek SAS and Lion Red....there is something wrong with that to be real.

Last edited:
I see it as the total opposite of the Warriors mindset in the Forwards, and in the case of the Roos spine.....the total opposite of the Warriors model again.
...so yeah I'm loving this shit Kidwell has dished up with his V8 idea....it should settle some Warrior debates about the need for big kick return Wings, as compared to having the best spine (Foran, Shaun Johnson, Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) is like Aussies pinning their hopes on the spine in the face of asuperirior enemy go forward ,(very Warrior like).

It Starts with Manu being left out.

NZ are going to try Props for Props jobs instead of the Warriors way.

We will be able to gauge what that does for a Warrior halves pairing for the first time.

This will be a rare opportunity to get an experiment going that is probably more valuable to Jim and Kearney than any Fab group think tank.

The other great test measure is what happens when the best forwards compete for territory......Versus the best backs at gaining territory ?

Conventional Wisdom says Forwards win the game (which is where the Warriors without territory kickers can't ask this fundamental Question themselves).

The truth will be revealed in just over three hours time.
As far as props on the wing goes, what happens if Big Ben is running at wingers and centers all day. It's a slaughter. But he's getting stepped on the other end for points so it's a net loss.

I've seen enough of reinventing the game for one life time. Let's hope the kiwis win the conventional way tonight.

tajhay

🏉
Kiwis by anything more than 1.5 points and ill be a happy man (Paying 3.30 when i bet on it - its 2.99 now)

Just on that note, what are peoples predictions for tonight? Score???
14 V 10 Australia

Just having a dropped nuts moment, that thing that happens to a lot of us before a fight.

Then you get angry and kill the fk'ers.

Right before Kick off I will be predicting the Kiwis by a thrashing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
the sharks showed the formula for shutting down cronk, pressure pressure pressure, our forwards need to starve the aussies of ball and metres so jt and cronk have no influence on this game.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm more worried about Shaun going missing, but I do hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll see
If it was the NRL we would be screwed.

It's not. this is a world where NZ have plotted and believed in themselves enough to topple the best sports team historically across the Tasman out of all international codes between our countries.

Johnson is the king pin of the movement.

Danpatmac

I agree with your sentiment....however the beautiful Maori recognition on that shirt is likely to see more complaints than Pirtek SAS and Lion Red....there is something wrong with that to be real.

I have no issue at all with the Kiwis involving Tikanga Maori or Maori iconography on their tracksuits, ties, bags, training shirts etc... Totally cool with it.

But the jersey should be left alone.