General 2016 Are We Going To Make The 8?

Are we going to make the Top 8?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACT Warrior

No! I don't! (to quote a line from Blackadder)

But that has always to me been the sensible option: Warriors have to travel x hundred miles over a fortnight, may as well stay in Australia for the mid-week period and save on money, get the team used to heat/time etc.

And if there's a playground available, well, why not?

Heat? I can assure you there's no heat in Canberra it's bloody freezing here! Was in Auckland last week and it's much warmer there.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Heat? I can assure you there's no heat in Canberra it's bloody freezing here! Was in Auckland last week and it's much warmer there.
So bloody true. Winter in Canberra is ridiculously cold!
Remember the snow game in 2000?
A day like this would make our Raiders game interesting.

Last edited:
bruce

bruce

Contributor
They have got themselves into a good position, now they need to capitalise on it. Everything is down to the forwards.
Very true, it is the forwards who have been inconsistent, and that is why I voted they wouldn't make it.

Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
If you look at NRL tables from the POV of for and against the formula is simple really.

We have to keep this new determined effort in defence and actually improve it to make the eight.

We are negative sixteen or something like that.

The contenders, the real decent sides are plus Ninety points, those are the teams with an almost assured top eight finish (top four in July types).

The real question for every club is can they win the gold medal ?

For us to be that type of side we would need to reduce our opponents to no more than a couple of try's a game.

That is some serious shift from where the Origin buffered Warriors are sitting.

So yeah to be any different to past years where we make a run....our defence needs to improve by at least third of where is right now.

You can hope for better posession STATS, you can hope for more favorable Reffing.....you can hope for good fortune with injury....but bottom line you need a side that can back up ill fortune and added challenge with NRL to end defence.

Reactions: brightman
Tonbridge (Swanley)

Tonbridge (Swanley)

I don't think that "origin" has really impacted us this time around....

We beat the broncos, yes, they have been struggling lately any way..we actually lost to a team most impacted by Origin, the Sharks.....

So I will whisper this:

I think we will make the 8

Miket12

Miket12

But that has always to me been the sensible option: Warriors have to travel x hundred miles over a fortnight, may as well stay in Australia for the mid-week period and save on money, get the team used to heat/time etc.
mrblonde, might want to change your password - looks like Jonno has hacked your account ;)

And, yes, we can and will make the top eight this year - in fact, I can see us making it through to the second round of the finals. After that, any more wins this year would be a bonus.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
If the Warriors become a top 4 side for three or four years running watch them change the rules.
i.e. Warriors are not affected by SOO so why not bring a NZ team into SOO and then they will suffer like all the other top teams come SOO time.;)
They would certainly consider it but I think the clubs themselves are getting sick of the SOO circus. Let's face it, it brings in massive amounts of cash for the ARL and TV, not the NRL and definitely not the clubs. What it is doing at the same time is to make Kiwis and Poms more valuable to the clubs.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
The NRL Ladder has been re-adjusted (finally).
The Eels have now lost their 12 points
and the Warriors have moved up to 7

https://www.nrl.com/draw/telstrapremiership/ladder/tabid/10251/default.aspx

I duuno if the BYE points have been added yet either
No they haven't, and Eeels are still only 12th on the table after the deduction. That must really rile the Dogs and the Storm considering what they copped. The Nrl are obviously trying tp keep the interest from the Eeels fans.

Marshthedarsh

All games are winnable, and all games are losable.

If we win the 5 "easy" ones, we'll get to 30. Seagles in Perth is like double bad, but we should still win. Eels at home could be difficult, but you'd expect a win at home.

Panthers and Raiders games are harder but still possible. Lets agree to lose to the cowboys, though again it's still winnable. Importantly we play a couple of teams we're fighting for spots with. Need to win those.

I'd love to see 3 weekends of footy at MT Smart back to back with huge crowds (sorta like 2007 when we came home with a wet sail), but we need to carry on and be in a good position or else we'll just drop away after Origin like we always do.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

the biggest 2 weeks of the season are manly and canberra. 2 back to back away games. We must win both to build any type of comfort for a finals spot. considering we struggle in perth im not convinced then to have canberra who are on fire its a hard ask but if we want to show we're quality then we should win them.

The rest barring cowboys are all very winnable. but our season will be decided on the next 2 weeks.

Dunedin warrior

Yes, maybe with a home playoff game if the level of commitment and defence continues.
Unless Johnson gets injured then we finish 11th.

Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

Contributor
If we win all our games and Sharks and Storm lose all their games, we can come in on top!

Love the ladder predictor as things get close!

I hope we can make it, but lest we forget round 19 last year was the first loss of the record losing streak, so here's hoping they've learned from that experience!

Jay M

Jay M

Contributor
From here, on paper - we should make the 8.

If we don't make the 8, questions will be asked.

After the bye points are awarded, we'll be on 20 points with 8 games to go. With some very winnable games in our last 8. We should make it.

That being said, I am apprehensive that the team will drop back into old bad habits and manage to miss the 8 again from here.

diehard

Panthers and Tigers lost over the weekend. That should help. Now we need the Cowboys to beat the Raiders to get close to the top 6.

Apus

Apus

I think we'll do it this year, the question is by how much. We have the potential to come home pretty strong as we have a fairly easy ride, but we could meander our way there and barely make it.

For me this upcoming game against Manly is probably one of the biggest games given its context. Manly are one of our bogey teams and seem to be coming into form. It's an away bout and can set the tone for our whole run home. If we can nab this one I'll be a lot more confident in us placing any higher than 8th.

Reactions: Otto Sump and Jay M