General 2016 Are We Going To Make The 8?

Are we going to make the Top 8?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jordan G

Travel to Perth, Canberra, Gold Coast all within the space of a few weeks. That's a lot of travelling. One way or the other I think our finals chances could be decided in that period.

Injuries aside I think we'll make it.

Can't afford to lose to teams competing with us for the 8. Games like the Panthers are potential 4 point swings, not even taking the swing in F/A into consideration.

Reactions: Miket12 and Defence
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
And so it begins…

The annual tradition: Warriors well positioned after origin is finished, how will they screw it up so they don’t finish as high as they should?

Seems arbitrary that 1 extra win or loss could have the coach given the arse, but that’s where we are.

7 Wins | 34 points, sniffing the top 4 – season is a resounding success. All things considered.
6 Wins | 32 Points, likely top 6 and a home final, a good step up from past years
5 Wins | 30 points, safely in the 8, pass mark
4 Wins | 28 points, might still make it, but it would be a claytons playoff berth. Would probably let the coach go if there is a viable alternative
3 Wins | 26 points, won’t make it, cappy gone, KPIs are a bitch.
2 Wins or less | not only is cappy gone, but unless there’s been terrible injury toll, chuck some more players out with him, would mean an unacceptable falling off.

I’ll say 5 wins optimistically, more likely to be 4. Panthers game is huge.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Might be the kiss of death but all of those games except maybe the cows are very winnable.
On current momentum I think we can/should win at least 5 if not 6, it's a pretty decent run home and if we can't capitalise it's our own fault.
Solid

Trugoy

Trugoy

Travel to Perth, Canberra, Gold Coast all within the space of a few weeks. That's a lot of travelling. One way or the other I think our finals chances could be decided in that period

The Perth-Canberra double shot would be the only possible issue there..
But we're fresh off the bye before Perth and I assume straight to Canberra after that so you wouldn't think it'd be too taxing really.

Edit : Actually, anyone know if they are in fact traveling to Canberra straight from Perth?

Last edited:
Trugoy

Trugoy

7 Wins | 34 points, sniffing the top 4 – season is a resounding success. All things considered.
6 Wins | 32 Points, likely top 6 and a home final, a good step up from past years
5 Wins | 30 points, safely in the 8, pass mark
4 Wins | 28 points, might still make it, but it would be a claytons playoff berth. Would probably let the coach go if there is a viable alternative
3 Wins | 26 points, won’t make it, cappy gone, KPIs are a bitch.
2 Wins or less | not only is cappy gone, but unless there’s been terrible injury toll, chuck some more players out with him, would mean an unacceptable falling off.

8 Wins | Book the fuckin' limousine! :cigar:

Great run down bro.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
But we're fresh off the bye before Perth and I assume straight to Canberra after that so you wouldn't think it'd be too taxing really.

Edit : Actually, anyone know if they are in fact traveling to Canberra straight from Perth?

They are mad if they don't, they probably don't like being away from home that long, but cris-crossing Australia so they can get a couple of nights at home in between seems like a waste of preparation time.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
im gonna get bagged for this, but since Ivan left, every year they do strong through Origin and then fall away. Nothing i have seen so far makes that look any different this year. I hope im wrong. But nothing tells me to expect any different. If they make the 8, i will be really happy and expect them to implode come finals.

6 Again

Are the Warriors going to make the 8? this guy seems to think so.

Untitled 1

There will be those who will refuse to believe we've turned the corner until we run out on grand final day but for me the difference in the side post "player meeting" has been clearly evident, maybe not always in execution but the effort is now there and we've also seen the emergence of that elusive ingredient that has plagued us these past years ... I'm only going to whisper it for fear it'll up and disappear like a fart in the wind ... resilience.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
mrblonde

mrblonde

No! I don't! (to quote a line from Blackadder)

But that has always to me been the sensible option: Warriors have to travel x hundred miles over a fortnight, may as well stay in Australia for the mid-week period and save on money, get the team used to heat/time etc.

And if there's a playground available, well, why not?

bruce

bruce

Contributor

I read somewhere, might have been Big League last week that they are staying in Australia. Mind you the Dogs got beaten in Wellington after a double trip through Melbourne. It isn't as easy as it looks. They are going to have to win at least one of those two, and four at home to make the finals.

I voted they won't make the eight. This is the NRL, not tiddly winks, the big boys come out to play now. Sure Shaun Johnson was a big loss last year, but that wasn't the only problem.

• Haha
Reactions: davewjnz and dean
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
Win every week and we make it, easy as. Hit the Semis and same rules apply. WTF, in the finals.

The Cheap Seats

The Cheap Seats

We have 4 home and 4 away games. After this week we will be sitting on 20 points. With 28 points and a good points differential being the typical benchmark for a top 8 finish we need to win 4/8. Personally I believe we need to win 5/8 to guarantee a spot for finals footy. 28 points didnt get us there in 2014 when the Broncos had a slightly better for and against.

I would agree with you abouth the '28 points and good differential' calculations under regular circumstances, but the eels drama makes the maths different.

The eels have effectively stolen wins from other top 8 teams. There will be the equivilent of 6 (maybe more) wins that will be wiped from the score board.
This year i have a strange feeling that 26 points and a good differential might do the trick to take 8th spot.

Help me out if my logic is wrong.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Shaun needs that leg to heal and stay fit..if he does, he's gonna start to sizzle and so will we.
But the big difference we haven't had this time of year will be Issac. He's been slowly building and I think the timing is right for him to start firing. His experience and maturity will really start to help our young forwards when it counts.

Other clubs will be envying our run home. It's a good one.
Been here before though so not counting any chickens yet but the bye has come at the perfect time imo and we'll be fresh and ready come the Manly game.

Reactions: Sup42 and bruce
FAN

FAN

TBH after seeing Mt Wellingtons post, I think we SHOULD piss in, with the Cows being the only real threat. However I did at the start of the season say we would fall short at 9th this season, so yeah, just saying.......

Jordan G

I would agree with you abouth the '28 points and good differential' calculations under regular circumstances, but the eels drama makes the maths different.

The eels have effectively stolen wins from other top 8 teams. There will be the equivilent of 6 (maybe more) wins that will be wiped from the score board.
This year i have a strange feeling that 26 points and a good differential might do the trick to take 8th spot.

Help me out if my logic is wrong.

Quite possibly 26 might be enough with good F/A

While the Eels theory is valid, it is somewhat balanced by the Knights virtually being a bye this year, and unfortunately for us the Knights still have games against three of our biggest rivals for the top 8 (Panthers, Dragons, Titans). Hopefully an upset or two may still come.

mrblonde

mrblonde

If the Knights can learn to not blow a 22 pt lead (they join us in that um...achievement...), they might.

But what can you do when an attacking player gets a lucky bounce from a missed FG??