General 2016 Are We Going To Make The 8?

Are we going to make the Top 8?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Yes, put simply we will. On the assumption there are few or no more injuries to the spine we will.

I'm sticking to the same prediction and that is sixth.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a huge loss, but TL2 does make up a fair bit of the gap when on, and potentially a little better on D.

Secondly, a minor reprieve in pressure now will ensue. With one of the star signings gone, that relentless pressure will come back a notch and that will help rather than hinder the boys.

I still think Luke, JC (Ayshford/John Carlaw), new forwards and an ever improving Kata are a massive lift in where we were late last year, not to mention that bloke in 7.....

Sticking with sixth.

According to Joey Johns we won't make top eight now Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has sustained season ending injury in Wellington.

Personally speaking I'm inclined to agree with him and with our last game of season this year being against Eels it could be a winner take all, battle for wooden spoon, especially if they are docked large amount points for salary cap breeches like some pundits predict. It will be kind ironic too if that happens considering we were only both in final of this year Auckland Nines :(

https://www.sportingnews.com/league...-the-new-zealand-warriors-roger-tuivasa-sheck

Edit : In other news Matty Jones has gone against his own brother saying losing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could be the spark NZ Warriors needed ...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

i'd have picked Matty to be the negative one actually...Bit of a surprise.

I still think Top 8. We won't challange for the wooden spoon unless there's two more major injuries.

I'm feeling revitalised after the Doggies game. Sure it wasn't a great outing, but broke a hoodoo and we can build on that. Yes, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is out, but we can either throw our toys out, or harden up. Heat and Pressure make Steel. Warriors to the 8 and fighting all the way. If we're going to go down, lets go down swinging boys!

Warriors 4 Life!

Reactions: Sup42
According to Joey Johns we won't make top eight now Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has sustained season ending injury in Wellington.

Personally speaking I'm inclined to agree with him and with our last game of season this year being against Eels it could be a winner take all, battle for wooden spoon, especially if they are docked large amount points for salary cap breeches like some pundits predict. It will be kind ironic too if that happens considering we were only both in final of this year Auckland Nines :(

https://www.sportingnews.com/league...-the-new-zealand-warriors-roger-tuivasa-sheck

Edit : In other news Matty Jones has gone against his own brother saying losing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could be the spark NZ Warriors needed ...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Matty was saying on his show that Andrew is useless with predictions and it's probably a blessing he has said it. He also said a lot hinges on how tui plays now.

possible
But there is one thing Cappy has made ABSOLUTLY clear there will be no chance given to any other player outside
the team he has selected from last year an this year.
( Unless their is nothing to play for)eg out of the plyoffs

So if their are any NYC or ISP players who get given & opportunity to play elsewhere
they should leave. Its a business Other players have moved on to get a opportunity elsewhere & played great
against their former teams

If it was Johnson again, I'd agree.

But Roger? Sure he's one of the best fullbacks in the game, but I think Tui can sub in well there and play the playmaker role he would have in the halves. Roger is nowhere near as crucial to our success as Johnson is.

If we don't do well this year it's because we were shit regardless of Roger getting injured. Huge loss, but I won't accept it as an excuse.

Exactly!

If this team is going to win, it's going to be because of Johnson, not Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Roger is great to have. but not the difference. If we don't make the 8, it's not because Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was injured, it's because we're shit.

There is more than enough support for Johnson to continue doing his thing with the likes of TL, Tui and Bully.

Don't forget before Johnson's injury last year, we were 4th. We had Townsend and Friend as his support, and an out of form/rookie in Tui playing Centre. He was on the cusp of being dropped to NSW cup during that period as well.

I'm confident we'll be up there come September.

Now that Carlos Daley has gone, if the Coach can find the next one we could make it.

If you subscribe to forum predictors....then our next greatest hopes are:

Darren Lolohea (unproven in the halves but gets the circle jerk of the year award)

Henare Slater
(hasn't even qualified for seat eighteen on the bus and he is Sam Tomkins and Billy SLaters love child....can't hold down a spot on the wing in reserve grade but).

Shaun Burgess
(actually has some NRL street cred in his actual position. Congratufuckenlations Son you're a freak).

Manu Maumalo
between him and the skinny beast ( aka David Radradra Fussy Tua) we have another generation of only Try's they can score....I struggle with that one a little.....only Trys that they can score....in a team where you have ten of those.....

Jazz Smith
....yeah Smith....boring old Smith...that will teach you for having a flash name son....congratulations you win the title 'Smith'....good little player to be fair....but looks a bit of an attention whore with all the bandages and stitches and shit....seen to many Rocky Movies fellah?

Andrew McFadden.

Unproven at the helm of the Titanic (he might actually fk up the final scenes by missing the Iceburg completely), however played a popular 70's T.V. sit com character Captain Stubing of the Love boat.

images.jpg

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Now that Carlos Daley has gone, if the Coach can find the next one we could make it.

If you subscribe to forum predictors....then our next greatest hopes are:

Darren Lolohea (unproven in the halves but gets the circle jerk of the year award)

Henare Slater
(hasn't even qualified for seat eighteen on the bus and he is Sam Tomkins and Billy SLaters love child....can't hold down a spot on the wing in reserve grade but).

Shaun Burgess
(actually has some NRL street cred in his actual position. Congratufuckenlations Son you're a freak).

Manu Maumalo
between him and the skinny beast ( aka David Radradra Fussy Tua) we have another generation of only Try's they can score....I struggle with that one a little.....only Trys that they can score....in a team where you have ten of those.....

Jazz Smith
....yeah Smith....boring old Smith...that will teach you for having a flash name son....congratulations you win the title 'Smith'....good little player to be fair....but looks a bit of an attention whore with all the bandages and stitches and shit....seen to many Rocky Movies fellah?

Andrew McFadden.

Unproven at the helm of the Titanic (he might actually fk up the final scenes by missing the Iceburg completely), however played a popular 70's T.V. sit com character Captain Stubing of the Love boat.

View attachment 18269
We'll be right. We got Blake Lyon in the team...

If I look at it with my non warriors glasses on. There are only 4 teams playing really well cowboys, Broncos sharks and eels. Storm aren't playing well but have picked up the points. knights are gone and tigers are struggling. Presumably Eels are going to lose a lot of points so they are out.

that leaves four spots between 10 teams, we are have a soft draw and few origin commitments, we should make it but injuries are key.

Jake still thinks we got this.... but I guess he has to say that.

Prop Jacob Lillyman says Storm's form should give Warriors cause for optimism

1461384494078.jpg

Veteran Warriors prop Jacob Lillyman says their Anzac Day opposition are proof one big injury does not spell the end to his team's season.

The Warriors got the news they were dreading on Monday, that fullback and marquee signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was out of the season after rupturing an ACL in the 24-20 win over the Bulldogs in Wellington last weekend.

Tuivasa-Sheck's injury leaves a significant hole in the Warriors' bid for a first playoffs appearance since they were beaten in the 2011 grand final.

1461384494078.jpg

The Melbourne Storm suffered a similar loss prior to this season when long-time Kangaroos and Queensland No 1 Billy Slater was ruled out with a shoulder injury.

With 21-year-old Cameron Munster taking over from Slater, the Storm have won five of their first seven games to sit just two points behind competition leaders Brisbane.

Lillyman, who played State of Origin with Slater and rates him as the game's best-ever fullback, felt the Warriors could take heart from Melbourne's strong start to the season.

"It is not all doom and gloom," the 32-year-old said.

"It shows if you're prepared to roll your sleeves up you can still negate that loss. Hopefully we won't miss a beat either.

"It is a tough sport and injuries are part of it. When you lose players it doesn't affect the mindset, you just get on with the job. This won't be any different."

Like playmaker Shaun Johnson and coach Andrew McFadden, Lillyman had no problem admitting losing a player of Tuivasa-Sheck's calibre was a huge blow.

But Lillyman's optimism the Warriors can still succeed this year comes not only from the way the Storm have performed, but also from the form of the rising star who will fill Tuivasa-Sheck's boots.

Tuimoala Lolohea impressed as Sam Tomkins' understudy in 2015 and again when taking over at the back early in the gritty display last weekend.

"We have a pretty handy replacement there with Tui," Lillyman said.

"He has been around for a while now so he just slots straight in. Obviously we would have loved to have Roger there for longer, but we have a great lad coming in and we saw what he is capable of on the weekend."

If Lolohea, a 21-year-old with 33 NRL caps since his debut late in the 2014 season, can repeat that effort, the Warriors should go a long way to negating the precise kicking games of Kangaroos and Queensland duo Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk.

Staying in the game mentally for its entirety, after Melbourne scored seven points in the last four minutes for a 21-14 win over the Warriors in round three, was another major focus.

Whatever panned out, Lillyman was adamant his team would not be using the loss of Tuivasa-Sheck as an excuse.

"Looking at the team and the players we've got, if we turn up every week and have a red hot crack the results are going to come.

"I have every confidence in this team and every confidence we are still going to have a really good year."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-form-should-give-warriors-cause-for-optimism

Barring injuries top 8 could even scrape into top 4. Forget about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and the what ifs and buts.

We've done it b4 we can do it again, worryerz need to believe they can with the players they have.. not with who u wish u had..on saying that..we still have a good team.

Putting the years of disappointment aside. and thats where it should be...and moving forward. I'm sure Cappy and the front office believes so .. so why should'nt we...

Danpatmac

this mondays game is the indicator for me.

if we win then I believe we can make it.

YES !!!!!................................................................In 2017

Sadly we will finish in 9th this season.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42
Yes but only coz the eels will lose points and implode. Enabling the Warriors to finish in what would have been 9th and qualify.