Rumour 2015 Warriors Salary Cap Breach Rumour

LOL he's 25yo. Bringing home chicks for a lazy root aint worth all that and you can still go over for a feed anyway...
If he was on the money they are quoting he could easily have a good amount of money in his own place along with helping out his parents.

That article is worrying but not sure how they got Lousi on 300k. Maybe they had a tip on someone else but used the wrong person or taking liberties to get the point of their story across.

This development on our cap situation really puts a dampner on any hope of more recruitment. The slim chance of us sorting out Big Marty Taupau over from the Tigers is looking more like a dream now.

I'm not sure how my being "media" has anything to do with it. I have an opinion like you - not better or worse. I'm just another footy fan who is prepared to express an opinion.
I'm not claiming to know everything either but I'm not on here spouting rubbish either - i just rang a player agent, who has players currently on the Warriors books. Those contracts are signed in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS and the players deal with the exchange rate themselves. They can gain or lose depending on what happens with the NZ dollar. Many choose to be paid into Australian bank accounts and make decisions about when to change the money into NZ dollars like anyone one else playing the exchange rate game.
That considered, the only way the NZ exchange rate affects the Warriors is when it comes to signing a player not after the contact is signed.
You straight out dismissed the suggestion that currency was an issue in your previous post. All I can do is repeat what I've already said. I heard that the NZ dollar was potentially going to cause a salary cap breach. Who I heard it from would know a lot more about the contracts of Warriors players than a single player agent... and I'll leave it at that.

I played the nrl game on my play station 3 But on the season mode it was hard to keep your team
together let alone upgrade , an still come under the cap, It's only a game but it was tricky,
Has anybody got a clue or even a ball park figure ? I thought after the latest cull we must have
excess cap space But it appears not .

You straight out dismissed the suggestion that currency was an issue in your previous post. All I can do is repeat what I've already said. I heard that the NZ dollar was potentially going to cause a salary cap breach. Who I heard it from would know a lot more about the contracts of Warriors players than a single player agent... and I'll leave it at that.
I dismissed it because it is not accurate. You told me I was wrong. I have spoken to a player agent and now I've spoken to Warriors chief executive Jim Doyle - THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THAT. Doyle said changing exchange rates have no impact on the salary cap. He does say that changing salary caps affect the business but not the cap. I am not smart enough to pretend to follow how it effects the business but I am smart enough to listen to the club CEO and a leading (and reputable) player agent insist there is no way a rise or fall in exchange rate can have an effect on the salary cap.
Doyle also spoke about those rumours and says they are bollocks. Though he didn't say I wouldn't rule out the Warriors signing other players before 2016.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
It’s only a “realignment” if they get new recruits in.
If they don’t, it’s just a straight clear out, whether its for culture reasons or salary cap reasons, does it really matter?

The team will be laughably thin outside of the first 19 or so players unless they get a move on.

It’s only a “realignment” if they get new recruits in.
If they don’t, it’s just a straight clear out, whether its for culture reasons or salary cap reasons, does it really matter?

The team will be laughably thin outside of the first 19 or so players unless they get a move on.

All of the guys we're offloading are shit though. We're literally better off blooding u20's guys than using guys like Lousi. I have no issue with us clearing the deadwood. Would I like some new signings, sure. Not overly fussed if we don't sign anybody new though.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
All of the guys we're offloading are shit though. We're literally better off blooding u20's guys than using guys like Lousi. I have no issue with us clearing the deadwood. Would I like some new signings, sure. Not overly fussed if we don't sign anybody new though.

Yeah Lousi sucks, but we’ve just seen what happens when you promote all the 21 year olds when injury strikes, the next lot of youth won’t contribute to any success if they are all we have in reserve.

Explosive rumour, that’ll really turn up the heat on Cappy, he’s the 2nd or 3rd most popular guy (with the fans/media) on the team?

Depends where fans are on the stages of being a Warriors supporter:

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

I am currently in the Acceptance stage now, so don't mind him leaving. I actually think he would be better off in another environment.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

I am currently in the Acceptance stage now, so don't mind him leaving. I actually think he would be better off in another environment.

I'm in bargaining, just need a few more recruits, less rookies, we'll be fine! no townsend! konrad will be professional next year!

Reactions: ryno
Yip I actually stated in another thread that I think Hurrell won't see out his current contract.

Unless the club has signed a quality experienced centre for next season. than I think it would be stupid to release him right now. McFadden talked about there been a lack of experience especially in the Backline. Hurrell is the most experienced centre at the club. Unless you want to count Wright as a centre. Shudders.

To me this is nothing but a rumour. However, I could see Hurrell leaving sometime next season if he continues to spend time in the NSW Cup.

Jordan G

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

I'm halfway between acceptance and bargaining without the depression. I wouldn't be concerned if Hurrell left, but I want something in return.

Having said that, Hurrell leaving wouldn't shock me, but English Rugby? Kind of random isn't it?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Can put an end to this thread and rumour. Players that have been cut and senior contracts being 'restructured' have sorted us out. Those of you who have been asking about performance based pay will be pleased. Wont go into details about that because the Board and Warriors HQ are getting wind of stuff from this forum (Hi guys :)!) We're clear of the cap anyway and are on the hunt for cheap quality depth.

All hail Jim Doyle...

PS Will lock this thread in a week or two as it was started specifically for this rumour. All future salary discussions can go in the Warriors Salary Cap Discussion thread.

https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warriors-salary-cap-discussion.40358/

Jordan G

Colour me intrigued (whatever colour that may be).

Good to hear that things are sorted. To those who know a bit about how contracts are structured, how would an "incentive" based contract work in regards to the cap? Would we have to assume that all incentives will be met when calculating the cap to avoid going over?

Reactions: Jay M

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I dismissed it because it is not accurate. You told me I was wrong. I have spoken to a player agent and now I've spoken to Warriors chief executive Jim Doyle - THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THAT. Doyle said changing exchange rates have no impact on the salary cap. He does say that changing salary caps affect the business but not the cap. I am not smart enough to pretend to follow how it effects the business but I am smart enough to listen to the club CEO and a leading (and reputable) player agent insist there is no way a rise or fall in exchange rate can have an effect on the salary cap.
Doyle also spoke about those rumours and says they are bollocks. Though he didn't say I wouldn't rule out the Warriors signing other players before 2016.
If my memory serves me not only are you correct but i can tell you why. This has been discussed many times over the years and the reason that it doesnt affect the salary cap is because the salary cap is purely about the Australian dollar. NZ Warriors get a salary cap of X australian dollars, each player gets paid X Australian dollars the values may change in NZ $ but it is all about the Australian $$.
The variable quantity is the NZ end. The static quantity is the Australian end. When the NZ dollar fluctuates it doesnt affect the Australian Cap, but will affect the players wage unless they are getting paid in Aus $$.

Edit further memories come to mind - When they arrange a contract the pay rate struck is at a set exchange rate for a period of time. So the Players incomes if in NZ $$ will not vary at all. This rate is often used by banks when lending or borrowing money from overseas. International companies use this type of thing all the time, when costing stuff from different countries so that there is no massive daily variance to deal with.

Reactions: OMG and fizurg
Colour me intrigued (whatever colour that may be).

Good to hear that things are sorted. To those who know a bit about how contracts are structured, how would an "incentive" based contract work in regards to the cap? Would we have to assume that all incentives will be met when calculating the cap to avoid going over?

I'm intrigued as well.

In terms of the incentive contract - could be two different ways of looking at it (from my perspective).

1. As you stated - assume they meet the 100% incentives in calculating your cap for the year
2. There "could" be a situation where the incentives carry over into the following year. For example - there have been times when players who get paid per game, go on to play more games than expected, and those costs come out of the following year's cap. It really depends how the contracts are structured etc

I'm also curious about the senior players' contracts being restructured... back-ended? cuts?

Oh well, something to think about.