Rumour 2015 Warriors Salary Cap Breach Rumour

KiwiWarrior

When Roosters supporters are whingeing about us rorting the salary cap , it's just a farce.
They are the biggest cap cheats there is, but get away with it.
It kind of reflects what happens on the field

Reactions: Defence
Gee every since we signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck the Roosters and the league media have had their nickers in a twist ever since.

Is it Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's contract that's tipped us over or Lukes?
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck should have been a straight swap for Tomkins and if we played it smart maybe a little cheaper. Were we going to be over even if Tomkins stayed?

The Luke signing Doyle said "If he wants to come home there is only one club here so your not in a good bargaining position".

The Chookpen post is probably after hearing the TripleM report. A quick glance and it hasn't been picked up anywhere else. We have been clearing out players for a while now so the club obviously has a plan. A veteran or two moving on is a bit unexpected.

Quick messgae for TripleM and the ChookPen the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is happening. Like a kid growing up we'll throw out a couple of old toys to play with the new ones.:p

I wouldn't be happy in the least if we lost Mannering or Matulino...cant think of any other veteran favourites of this fan.

Bit concerned you are thinking about my fizzing bung and me blowing a load at the same time...:stop:

Haha yeah I quickly edited that first post ( not quickly enough ) after reading it again as it seemed to insinuate we were involved in homosexual activities.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.... I just didn't want Inruin Inruin getting jealous that's all :D

If the Cowboys can get away with builders building houses for players and families on the cheap, and the Eels can run all their third party deals through their own chairman, we should be sweet.

Like others, I fail to see how with already releasing so many players and replacing with only 3 we could be in any sort of trouble.

If the Cowboys can get away with builders building houses for players and families on the cheap, and the Eels can run all their third party deals through their own chairman, we should be sweet.

Like others, I fail to see how with already releasing so many players and replacing with only 3 we could be in any sort of trouble.
Unlike most of the other clubs who can offer houses etc. there is only so much meat out players can consume. :D

If any team was going to be in trouble it was probably going to be the Warriors or Roosters. Rumor on these forums for years has been that the Warriors have to pay overs for players. So I guess that means guys like Manu, Mannering, Lillyman, Shaun Johnson, Tomkins, Matulino, Hurrell, Hoffman, and even Leuluai have got decent salaries, then add Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke, I can definitely see the Warriors being in trouble.

If they are going to 'tap experienced fan favourites on the shoulder', my choice would be Hurrell and Lillyman. Lillyman has been excellent but hes not really a high impact forward imo and Hurrell is too hot and cold. Personally I think the Warriors wouldnt miss Manu on the field but that would not be popular and rumor is that he has one of those long serving player deals so may not be costing too much (but then that could go on others like Mannering)

Edit: theres also that rumour that the Warriors are paying a chunk of Mateos salary still.. what a stupid kneejerk resigning that was

Last edited:

Jordan G

Lillyman Is easily our best goal line defender especially at stopping the player on impact. He's a reliable metre eater on top. If that. In this team we'd be giving up a bit if defense to let him go. Not sure this team is in the best spot to be weakening their defense.

Lillyman Is easily our best goal line defender especially at stopping the player on impact. He's a reliable metre eater on top. If that. In this team we'd be giving up a bit if defense to let him go. Not sure this team is in the best spot to be weakening their defense.
I have never noticed that

Lillyman does a lot of the hard work right through the season, and we'd miss the power he adds to our go forward...

So from an individual game perspective he might not set the world on fire, but over a whole season his presence wouldn't be replaced easily...

He's not playing origin for nothing...

Reactions: Tezza91 and Inruin
Lillyman does a lot of the hard work right through the season, and we'd miss the power he adds to our go forward...

So from an individual game perspective he might not set the world on fire, but over a whole season his presence wouldn't be replaced easily...

He's not playing origin for nothing...
I think he plays Origin because all the best forwards are Kiwis and arent eligible

Story in OP is written with a bit of nastiness towards us, which makes me skeptical. But then Mt. W's warnings are more than a little scary. Really hope we're not in trouble again.

aVo4EHP.jpg

Good enough for me

#NSW

So it's all about value for cap space now...

Not knowing what each player is earning makes it hard to judge as a fan. But Doyle knows exactly how much each player is pulling out of the club...

In Doyle we trust. He's delivered us Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Luke and Sao so far... Not bad...

I expect his next move to be of the same quality...

Ex-Warriors we've released early still have to be part of the salary cap, as I understand the system.

Take Player A: He was signed with the Warriors on $500,000 (say, I have NFI if that's true). He gets told he's not wanted at the Warriors. At that point, because he's being released rather than asking to be released, the club are obliged to pay him a certain percentage of the salary he's on for the years that remained on his contract or if he finds another club, a certain percentage of what that club sign him for for the years that remained on his Warriors contract that the club didn't take him for.

Is part of the issue that the Warriors agreed to a higher level of subsidising ex-players current salary than prudent?

And I wonder if this has to do with backloading contracts - ie players signed contracts in 2013 for three years (14/15/16) at a certain level and in 2016 get themselves a built in increase that hasn't been factored in.

Last edited:
Ex-Warriors we've released early still have to be part of the salary cap, as I understand the system: ie Meteo's $500,000 (say, I have NFI if that's true) is downgraded to $250,000 for 2015 and 2016 now he's with Manly.

Is part of the issue that the Warriors agreed to a higher level of subsidising their current salary than prudent?

And I wonder if this has to do with backloading contracts - ie players signed contracts in 2013 for three years (14/15/16) at a certain level and in 2016 get themselves a built in increase that hasn't been factored in.

I think how it works is, we release Mateo early from his 500k p/a contract, Manly take up his contract but only want to pay him 400k per season, in that case the Warriors can either pay the other 100k difference which is counted in our cap or the Warriors can say no and hold onto Mateo until they get a deal they're happy with...i think.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay