Rumour 2015 Warriors Salary Cap Breach Rumour

Sorry not sure where to post this but MMM aust is reporting we will be over the cap next year hence the reason we are trying to get rid if players. I think it's BS myself & it's just sour grapes that we have signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke pretty sure Doyle knows what he's doing but they are trying to say we will need to pay part of players salarys to get them to leave

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jordan G

Sorry not sure where to post this but MMM aust is reporting we will be over the cap next year hence the reason we are trying to get rid if players. I think it's BS myself & it's just sour grapes that we have signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke pretty sure Doyle knows what he's doing but they are trying to say we will need to pay part of players salarys to get them to leave

MMM - Yeah, we've got nothing to worry about.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors In Cap Trouble?
Report Warriors are desperate to unload some players to avoid going over the cap
sione-lousi-warriors-628.jpg

Sione Lousi of the Warriors charges forward against the Sydney Roosters at Mt Smart Stadium in 2014 Photo: Getty Images

Which club is over the salary cap and needs to get rid of players before next season? And it's not the Wests Tigers or Eels. It's a big club.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE: Hear all the NRL Finals action on Triple M.

Brent Read from The Australian is hearing the Warriors are desperate to unload some players to avoid going over the cap.

"I'm hearing the Warriors are trying to move some players, Sione Lousi is one of them who's being offered around to other clubs," said Ready, on Triple M's Rush Hour.

roger-tuivasa-sheck-roosters-628.jpg

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck of Sydney Roosters Photo: Getty Images

"Now the interesting part of that is they've obviously signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck amongst others on massive money - if you listen to stories it was $800,000 a year - so naturally there are some people around, probably the Roosters who aren't overly happy that the club's gone and signed someone, stolen one of their players and now they find themselves over the cap for next year."

Is there a chance that they're so far over the cap that they'll need to renege on Tuivasa-Sheck?

"No, I don't think it'll get to that point,. But they've got to move some players." Listen to the full audio below.

The Warriors have forked out big money to snare Kiwi internationals Issac Luke (Rabbitohs) and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Roosters) next year.

Roosters fullback Tuivasa-Sheck is considered one of the biggest rising superstars of the game, while Issac Luke is considered the best hooker in the game behind Storm and Morons skipper Cameron Smith.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...lease-players-to-avoid-going-over-salary-cap/

scottyb

Warriors tragic
Contributor
Pure speculation, it's obvious we have bought well and now we are getting rid of the deadwood, as does every club at this time of year. They put 2 and 2 together and come up with 42. Doyle is a shrewd operator and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise our position as a club. I for one have faith that nothing will come of this

Jordan G

"I'm hearing the Warriors are trying to move some players, Sione Lousi is one who's been offered to other clubs"

That's pretty much all he's got, the rest seems very 2 + 2 = 5.

Shit, he could have come on this site a monmth or two ago and gotten that info plus more.

Having said that if Lousi is on 300k then lol at us.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
MMM - Yeah, we've got nothing to worry about.
Done some digging and its not looking good mate. Wont say anymore in case the press got the heads up from the post I did earlier. Not good anyway.

Sione Lousi is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we need to cut...

It's all BS in my opinion, no quotes and we're off loading players on small contracts and IMO the wrong attitude. No way are we over the cap. The Sydney media couldn't ping the Cows who are a threat this year and turning their focus on us as we're next years threat

https://www.sportal.com.au/league/n...by-league-week-mole/qxgd1ig22kbi19rhaws53jcin

Just to add to conversation according to latest interview on Sportal with Mole and Lurker, they made mention that only times NRL finds out that club is breaching salary cap is from players manager who is upset at club and wants to lash out. Again I don't know but it sounds like to me that somebody's manager is angry at the club that one of they're clients is being let go and has decided to dob them in. That or it's usual sort of shit we have to put up with from Aussies ... :(

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pure speculation, it's obvious we have bought well and now we are getting rid of the deadwood, as does every club at this time of year. They put 2 and 2 together and come up with 42. Doyle is a shrewd operator and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise our position as a club. I for one have faith that nothing will come of this
Its because of Jim Doyle that we are moving heaven and earth to get back under. TBF its because of one of his signings we are in this mess.

The current cleanout isnt enough. Watch for some fan favourite veterens to get the shoulder tap.

Be afraid guys. Thats as much as Im going to say...

Done some digging and its not looking good mate. Wont say anymore in case the press got the heads up from the post I did earlier. Not good anyway.

Sione Lousi is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we need to cut...

Given current events it wouldn't surprise if konnies head was on the chopping block.

If we still have to pay part salaries then we might have to get rid of a lot more players to get under the cap.

Oh dear............

IF fan favourites get the tap, perhaps it's a good sign for some to move on, we've under performed for so long that fan favourites shouldn't be spared, after 20 years, I want a premiership and we can't afford to carry over paid, under performing players

Reactions: 1 users

tajhay

🏉
Why is there so much drama associated with this club! Concerning that if found to be true, combined with the dismal performances over the past 20 years, that this could be the tipping point for many fans.

Reactions: 2 users
Its because of Jim Doyle that we are moving heaven and earth to get back under. TBF its because of one of his signings we are in this mess.

The current cleanout isnt enough. Watch for some fan favourite veterens to get the shoulder tap.

Be afraid guys. Thats as much as Im going to say...

Hmmmm there's not too many veteran fan favorites around.
This news will have facefacts fizzing at the bung.

• Haha

Jordan G

Hmmmm there's not too many veteran fan favorites around.
Why do I get the feeling facefacts is about to blow his load.

Lol, I can only really think of two veteran fan favourites, and then wondered if the signing of Ligi Sao is a little more significant than we first thought.........

I call rubbish on this, yes we are culling players, but only because they are either leaving because they want to (Laumape), because they have a better offer elsewhere (Friend) or are unwanted by the club (Peyroux). We have always been below the cap by a bit, even with Tomkins on board, and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a direct replacement for Tomkins. The only gains are Luke and Sao, we have lost definitely Matagi, Tomkins, Peyroux, Peteru, Friend, Havili and Laumape. Reports also that Ikahahifo and others are going. We are culling because we realigning the squad to what Cappy and Doyle want.

With all these players going I am expecting at least a couple of signings, Cappy has said that if Friend leaves we would need to get another hooker for example. All this story is, is Aussie Journos trying to stir up crap about the Warriors, because we signed a couple of top players.
progress.gif

Lol, I can only really think of two veteran fan favourites, and then wondered if the signing of Ligi Sao is a little more significant than we first thought.........

Those guys would be on the long service payments though wouldn't they?

Was thinking maybe Lillyman?

Jordan G

Those guys would be on the long service payments though wouldn't they?

Was thinking maybe Lillyman?

Who's the second one you were thinking of? The second one I was thinking of was Lillyman.