General 2015 Warriors Membership Thread

Will you be renewing or signing up?

• Total voters
ok - something in the tube doesnt work for me, so i am sending emails via my wifes company. Oh well in other news

Hi VIC Warrior!

Welcome to our new regional membership program catered for Victoria and more specifically the Melbourne clash on 6th April.

We cannot wait to head over to take on the Storm in their own back yard and keep the great run of form going in recent times.

I can confirm you are booked in with a ticket in the members bay for this fixture and hope to bring the boys home by making ourselves heard! This ticket will be available for collection on the day, more details will follow on exactly where.

I can confirm we have finalised details for a post-match function at the ME Bank centre just over the road, and as stated in your benefits you have first access and a discounted price of $35(NZ) per person or $100(NZ) for a family of 4 (children 15 and under).

- Function space will be open from 7pm after the game
- Lounge will be hosted by club MC Gordon Gibbons
- Complimentary food and a drinks voucher will be provided.
- There will be plenty of prize giveaways including a fully signed 2015 Jersey
- The team will make an appearance between 8-8.45pm for post-match interviews and signing session.
- Event will conclude at 9pm

If you wish to attend this event simply complete the attached booking form and send back to myself or memberships@warriors.kiwi

If you have any questions please direct these to memberships@warriors.kiwi

Finally thank you for joining us this year and we look forward to a successful 2015 season!

Kind Regards

Will Felgate // Membership Manager TRUE WARRIOR/ WAR-2796833
// Mobile: +64 21430036 // Telephone: +64 9 526 7820

Question for people who have gone to these in the past - both in QLD and in NZ have they always charged members to go to these?
They did when we went over for the Gold Coast game. I can't remember how much, but the event included your tickets (prior to the free ticket with membership).

tajhay

🏉
Question for people who have gone to these in the past - both in QLD and in NZ have they always charged members to go to these?
Yeah mate they do charge for them. Great opp for pics and autographs.

Not sure why they are charging in NZD for an event held in australia though.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I have no problem with the charging, its that with the change in day from the traditional game on anzac day i didnt even know kick off times or finish times. And to be honest still dont (although i gather that the game will be over by 7). I know the day but not the time. I know i have seats but not where, it looks like i dont get to chose my seats either, so they will just be assigned randomly (?). Its one of those things that communication is light and due to my email issues i cant converse with them directly, without spending even more money to find out things that imo should be published.

tajhay

🏉
s like i dont get to chose my seats either, so they will just be assigned randomly (?). Its one of those things that communication is light and due to my email issues i cant converse with them directly, without spending even more money to find out things that imo should be published.
It'll be away supporters area on the corners of the field or near goal posts.

WarriorsStore.co.nz WarriorsStore.co.nz perhaps Will can come here and provide some feedback to the fans queries like you are doing?

Reactions: BA-AD Luck
Not 100% sure if this is the correct thread. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

The article on SMH this morning about the Warriors. Mainly focuses on turning Australian based fans into members.
https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...an-foran-and-sydney-fans-20150219-13iyq0.html

New Zealand Warriors target Kieran Foran and Sydney fans
Date
February 19, 2015 - 10:11PM

Andrew Webster
Chief Sports Writer, The Sydney Morning Herald
View more articles from Andrew Webster

1424344298925.jpg

Man with a plan: New Zealand Warriors chief executive and former NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle. Photo: Tamara Dean

Assume the position, Sydney: the Warriors are coming to snap up your members, and snap up a young playmaker you may have heard of, Kieran Foran.

Greetings from the other side of the ditch, where your humble correspondent has been getting out among our Kiwi friends ahead of the NRL season.

Yes, we've heard it all before about how this is going to be the Warriors season. This will be the year they win the premiership. But with a quality squad, with Golden Boot winner Shaun Johnson sparkling right there in the middle, a strong-headed coach in Andrew McFadden and a gun operator in new chief executive Jim Doyle controlling the mothership, there's genuine reason to believe.

And if not this year, maybe next. And maybe with someone like Foran, the off-contract Sea Eagles playmaker who appears certain to leave the Brookvale nest.

"We'd love Kieran to come here and help us win a premiership," declared Doyle. "We won't hide that fact. We've spoken to Kieran. I know Kieran from the Kiwi days [when Doyle was boss of the New Zealand Rugby League]. I spoke to Kieran when I was in Sydney, when I was working with the NRL and had nothing to do with any club. I'd give him advice."

There are daily updates in the press about Foran's potential move from the Sea Eagles at the end of this season, such is the rugby league news cycle.

This column has been told for about six months that he's going to join Des Hasler at the Bulldogs. Coaches at rival NRL clubs, though, are already predicting he'll head to the Eels. In this crazy old world of life and rugby league, the deal isn't sealed until something is signed – and even then it doesn't seem to mean much.

Doyle admits the Warriors are outsiders to sign the 24-year-old, not least because Foran has a young family in Sydney.

"But we've been talking to him on a regular basis," Doyle said. "We know it's going to be a challenge. He's got his partner and a little baby, but nothing's impossible. And he knows the significance of what success at the Warriors can have on the growth of rugby league in this country."

On the issue of Trent Merrin, Doyle is less effusive. Surely you won't be throwing $700,000 a season at the Dragons forward?

"It's not our policy to talk about those things," he said, grinning. (Believe the hype, Panthers fans: Merrin is close to joining the Chocolate Soldiers from next season).

What Doyle will talk about is growing the Warriors brand, not just in New Zealand but in Australia. Here are some interesting figures. According to the NRL, the Warriors have 804,036 followers; second only to the Broncos. They have close to 109,000 fans in Australia, but only about 7000 members, which is the second worst in the league.

Doyle is determined to boost membership with an aggressive marketing campaign. This column this week had a sneak preview of the various television ads that are due to hit old Sydney Town any time soon.

"With so many Kiwis in Australia, we need to tap into that market," he said. "If they're Warriors fans, we want to make them Warriors members. There's no reason why the club, because there are so many Kiwis in Australia, shouldn't tap into that."

Doyle is already being missed at League Central. Would the current imbroglio involving the integrity unit and its handling of South Sydney's Arizona incident have happened on his watch? Maybe, but he wouldn't have tolerated it. And he would've spoken up and talked about it. His replacement, Suzanne Young, still hasn't uttered a syllable about the issue.

Doyle finished at the NRL on a Friday late last year, flew to New Zealand the next day and then started at the Warriors on the Monday. He helped McFadden usher in a new coaching staff, which includes the legendary Tony Iro, former Wests Tigers under 20s coach Andrew Webster(that's not a typo) and the highly regarded Balin Cupples as the head of athletic performance.

That said, we come back to the same old question about the Warriors on the eve of the season: When? When will they win their first premiership? Is this, their 20th season, the year? "There's been a when for quite some time," Doyle admitted. To the point of, "Well, maybe not."

"Maybe never," Doyle continued. "People get optimistic and then disheartened very quickly. We're looking to change the culture of the place, and stop the rollercoaster of being completely up or completely down."

Last season there was a massive membership push by the NRL and the Warriors, competitions etc. This year I have hardly heard a thing, anyone got stats on member numbers for the Warriors and other NRL teams?

Just a question about the away memberships (if anyone knows) im looking at getting the nsw membership and usually go to games with the mrs. There is no way in hell I can convince her to get a membership so my question is when I get my "local game" ticket is it possible to get a ticket (s) for non members in a seat by mine?

Has anyone got a answer for this?
Cheers

gREVUS

Contributor
I saw something recently re numbers of aroun 7.5 thou. This is why they are pushing into australia. Im working from my phone atm', but sure it was in a members release recently.

If im right its second worse in nrl?

I haven't gotten around to joining yet. I had decided I would, since they had returned most of the benefits that they deleted last year, but just haven't got it done yet. A pity too, as the wife promised me a jersey, since she forgot to get me anything for Valentines Day, but I can't order the U20s and get the discount.

gREVUS

Contributor
im guessing this is the place to put this(Mods if its not please move it) but David Bhana gave my dad a call to say thanks for being a club member. the old man got a huge thrill out of it and David actually had a bit of a chat with him. i seriously thought it was a class act and its good to feel be a warriors supporter in Sydney and be appreciated

Just a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

I am considering attending my first Auckland game ever later this year. I haven't bought a membership yet, but will get an Away membership. One of my questions is in regards to player access. Is there members access to meet the players at all homegames? And if so, can a member take a non-member with them to meet the boys? I will be getting only a single membership but have someone who will attend with me, who won't be a member, so don't want to have to ditch them, if I did get a meet and greet opportunity.

Just a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

I am considering attending my first Auckland game ever later this year. I haven't bought a membership yet, but will get an Away membership. One of my questions is in regards to player access. Is there members access to meet the players at all homegames? And if so, can a member take a non-member with them to meet the boys? I will be getting only a single membership but have someone who will attend with me, who won't be a member, so don't want to have to ditch them, if I did get a meet and greet opportunity.

On game day your best chance would be to wait outside the front office/receptionist area next to the eastern stand where the boys park their cars and come in.

Either that or lurk around the field after the game.

Won't matter if your friend is a member or not.

On game day your best chance would be to wait outside the front office/receptionist area next to the eastern stand where the boys park their cars and come in.

Either that or lurk around the field after the game.

Won't matter if your friend is a member or not.
Do they not do aftermatch member access, like they have at some of the away games, eg Titans, Roosters? I went to the Titans one, and bought 4 access passes with a single membership.

I didn't really want to get too crazed-fan about it, just thought there may be some event after the home games where the players make an appearance. I have met most, but the person with me is a fan of a couple of players in particular.

Do they not do aftermatch member access, like they have at some of the away games, eg Titans, Roosters? I went to the Titans one, and bought 4 access passes with a single membership.

I didn't really want to get too crazed-fan about it, just thought there may be some event after the home games where the players make an appearance. I have met most, but the person with me is a fan of a couple of players in particular.

Na unfortunately no special member access to players on game day.

Ok, looks like we might have to play stalker-fan then. I thought I had read something in the membership packages about member access. I thought it might have been a meet and greet in the gym, as the players head home.
Get some "I'm looking for DumbDumb" t-shirts printed - I'm sure that will get you noticed ;)