• Yes

• Maybe/Try

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Next Wednesday the Warriors will be having their annual members forum. This is a chance for members to hear about the state of the club and its future direction. Also an opportunity to ask questions of the CEO and coaches.

I'll be there and will try my best to record some audio for members who cant make it.

I implore all members who are able to attend the forum to go along and become involved. This is your best ever chance of making a difference at the club and voicing your opinion to those have the real push at the Warriors...

EXCLUSIVE INVITE
c439d514-d735-4153-845c-69d9a756c111.png

Membership Forum 2015

The Vodafone Warriors are pleased to invite you to the 2015 Membership Forum.

WHEN : Wednesday 12 August, 6-8pm
WHERE: Mt Smart Stadium, Corporate Lounge
WHAT: Q&A with Managing Director Jim Doyle, head coach Andrew McFadden, NSW Cup coach Stacey Jones and NYC coach Kelvin Wright

The evening will be a chance for you, as a member, to hear how the club is performing on and off the field. Members will also be given the opportunity to ask questions from the floor and give feedback on your 2015 membership experience.

To register simply click on the link below and let us know how many of you will be attending.
We are currently working on options that will allow members form outside Auckland to engage with the forum either by a social platform or live stream. Details will follow next week

There will be prize draws at the end of the night with all who attend getting a chance to win.

We look forward to having you with us.

PS looking sharp Gee Gee warriors_ballboy

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
i see this will be streamed live on periscope(warriors email). ill be working (in Sydney) so ill sit at my desk and stream it.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Im sure mt.wellington mt.wellington will be kind enough to do an audio recording of the event like he has in the past 2 years for those that miss it. Been quite an informative session in the past and kudos to the club for doing this.

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2012
I can't make it up to Auckland for this. The last Couple of years I have listened to the recording that Mt Wellington has put up.
I asked Jim Doyle about a month ago if he could get his multi media team to stream the forum so that out of town members and Aussie based members could listen in. Pleased to see that he has arranged this .
I have emailed the club with a few questions
· Club Culture – there have been stories floating around social media for quite some time about a relaxed unprofessional attitude by players towards training , nutrition etc. Then at the weekend there was an interview that Sam Tomkins did with the NZ herald about how he couldn’t believe the unprofessional approach by many players when he arrived at the club, https://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11494082 . As a member I find this very alarming and hope it has been rectified.

· Mount Smart Stadium – The council has said that one of the reasons the Warriors need to move is because the stadium is not up to standard. What improvements need to be made to Mt Smart to bring it up to NRL standard and does the club have a costing on those improvements.

· Stadium move – Great news that you managed to negotiate a delay in the final decision on this matter earlier in the year, however it once again is concerning to read reports in the press that the Auckland council is going ahead with the $27m spend on Albany anyway. What is the current state of play with the Stadium reshuffle.

· Club colours – the great jersey debate ! I appreciate that the Warriors are the number 1 jersey seller in the NRL and that we have no more jerseys than any other club, however a common complaint from supporters is when you look at the grand stands at Mt Smart you see a rainbow of coloured Warriors jerseys. Other clubs like St George stick with their red and white, Roosters Red , white and blue etc. It would be great if the club stuck with some base colours then adapted the designs for the special issue jerseys.

Hopefully some of the above will be answered at the forum.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Hopefully some of the above will be answered at the forum.
If not I'll ask personally on your behalf.

If anyone has any other questions they want addressed please post up here. If other members could please vote on any posted questions they want asked than make it known. Wont be hogging the floor so I'll choose the best 3-4 questions and ask them along with Gee Gee's questions.

Forum is tomorrow so speak now or forever talk shit on this forum...

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Mt. Wellington would you ask what are the specific recruitment policy changes they have made, how will they affect the u20's squad and what role does Doyle see the Warriors playing within the NZ rugby league community. If you have time that would be great, thank you.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Caught the end of the forum on periscope. Lots of connection issues. Anyone watched the entire thing wanna do a recap of the most interesting tidbits?

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
i had issues with periscope and can't find the video to play,
Anyone that was there able to give us a rundown of what was said?
Edit aaaand tajhay delivers! Thanks

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
i had issues with periscope and can't find the video to play,
Anyone that was there able to give us a rundown of what was said?
Edit aaaand tajhay delivers! Thanks
All credit to mt.wellington mt.wellington. Its also available on the sidebar on the forum listing page.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
That was very informative I must say.

Awesome to see the club has a clear direction in which they want to go and what they want to achieve

Manu, Wiki, Luck, Mannering, Jones as players we can base our virtues around, brilliant.

Loved the member mentioning Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Luke and Marty Taupau coming here.. that was classic!

Reactions: 2 people

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
They do a good job with these, last year’s audio made even Scurrah sounded quite sensible.

Thanks to the man mt.wellington mt.wellington for putting it up.

Didn’t occur to me before time, but it would have been good to know what they are doing with Dean Bells old job, is Cappy the recruitment boss going forward?

Doyle is a very impressive individual, unfortunately for him, all the good stuff he talked about in the first section can only come about by winning.

And becoming a winner will still be difficult as the focus shifts to ‘recruit more veterans’ I just find it hard to see these veterans leaving aus unless they have no other options because they are battlers (Wright) or we over pay them. Neither is ideal, but a top 25 with half of them rookies isn’t working either.

Cappy had at least one good answer to the Lolohea v Townsend question, if chad has to play, at least take the ball out of his hands so there is less opportunity for him to f—k it up.

Reactions: 2 people

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
Happy sure put some things to rest for me by saying he will always pick the team he thinks can win and would not promote young players into a losing team as it would destroy them, I agree.
Disappointed that no one asked him about his bench selections during the games.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
We seem to be in a good place in terms of vision for the future and identifying the issues we need to solve. My concern lies with how well we are able to implement.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings