Team List 2015 Rnd 20 - Warriors vs Manly

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
1049.jpg

Has anyone go some ideas for our boys to help them with their shyness on the field this weekend?;)

I reckon smashing Mateo on the first tackle would go a long way, he's half the reason some of our rookies can't get a pay rise this season ffs.

And then a group of 4 or 5 getting stuck into the ref on the very first call against us, no matter whether it's wright or wrong, just to get into the swing of things...

Any other tips for the young guns?

So it's looking like both DCE and Sao will be goneski for this weekend?

I mean, if our forward pack can't absolutely monster theirs, then we might as well just not even try to make the 8.

The real attacking threats, without DCE, are really only Lyon and Stewart.

Manly are a bit of a bogey team for us, but if we don't handily win this one, I'll be extremely worried about our chances of Sept footy.

The centre match up worries me a bit - two quality grizzled veterans against our rookies. Will be a big test for them.

I really hope Fish has a solid game but I know I'll be wincing every time there's contact.

Again, defence will be the key. I even bore myself saying that.

Reactions: Defence
Its still a huge test for our boys, i never read into ladder position when it comes to manly, theyre a bogie team who are well trained, skilled and savy vets who know how to win games. Its another potential nightmare for kata and lolohea. lyon has a variety of tools that kata will need to be aware of. matai can put one hit on you and that might make you mentally check out for the rest of the game as a centre. Theres no rest for our young boys, thrown in the fire every week with different challenges in front of them.

1049.jpg

Has anyone go some ideas for our boys to help them with their shyness on the field this weekend?;)

I reckon smashing Mateo on the first tackle would go a long way, he's half the reason some of our rookies can't get a pay rise this season ffs.

And then a group of 4 or 5 getting stuck into the ref on the very first call against us, no matter whether it's wright or wrong, just to get into the swing of things...

Any other tips for the young guns?

I know its highly looked down in nz but i think our boys do need to talk smack more, more chest bumping. what i remember about the 02 warriors was that they had real swag, meli fa'afili, lauatiti, faumuina they all had a swagger that i think built so much confidence in themselves and in the team that the whole team lived off. i dont see that as much in our young poly boys. im not sure what is different but i wanna see more of that from them, maybe its coached out of players these days.

Reactions: jonno
While Manly have been our boogey team in recent years (ohh the memories of 2011 burn me inside), I would expect nothing else but a thrashing this weekend, in the Warriors favour.

Last week we got out-muscled by a superior team. Time to move on and put the sword through inferior competition this weekend. Manly are in a weakened state, at this stage I care nothing about their past reputation. We managed to handle the Storm 2 weeks ago, with 3 Australian/QLD stars and 3 members of the world's best forward pack. This week we face a team with Vet's and journeymen who will be without their $10million man and a coach who has been tapped on the shoulder. Shits a mess, but boy its about to get messier for them punks.

This isn't just a must-win. It's a must-smash/give them the hiding of their lives.

(Of course, I'm just trying to be optimistic here guys :rolleyes:)

I know its highly looked down in nz but i think our boys do need to talk smack more, more chest bumping. what i remember about the 02 warriors was that they had real swag, meli fa'afili, lauatiti, faumuina they all had a swagger that i think built so much confidence in themselves and in the team that the whole team lived off. i dont see that as much in our young poly boys. im not sure what is different but i wanna see more of that from them, maybe its coached out of players these days.
I agree. Stop being shy and start giving away some tactical penalties.. Nothing worthy of suspension, unless its a certain bludger of course, but just enough to rattle em and make them think about life a little while their out in the middle...

Mutts backslam on hargreeves was mint IMO... Worth the loss of field position as we got the ball back in the next set..

Jordan G

Lol at the whinging about the bench. Options are limited, threre's nobody we can bring in that would make any real difference other than throwing another rookie in there and hoping he swims rather than sinks.

Lol at the whinging about the bench. Options are limited, threre's nobody we can bring in that would make any real difference other than throwing another rookie in there and hoping he swims rather than sinks.

Heres what I was thinking for a bench

Maumalo
Lisone
Vete
Gubb / Lousi / Rapira (In that order)

So if Gubb is out then Maumalo for Havilli haha.

I agree. Stop being shy and start giving away some tactical penalties.. Nothing worthy of suspension, unless its a certain bludger of course, but just enough to rattle em and make them think about life a little while their out in the middle...

Mutts backslam on hargreeves was mint IMO... Worth the loss of field position as we got the ball back in the next set..
yeah that was a perfect example but you wouldve had more back up in 02, monty wouldve come in, campion just to insult jwh even more so that he would be scared, what i saw mutts do was awesome but where was the back up?

Reactions: jonno
I have grave fears for this game - i hate sounding so negative but having Matai and Lyon up against Kata (who couldn't contain Ferguson) and Tui does worry me. The bench as it stands offers nothing whatsoever pretty much other than Vete - cannot think why Crappy would pick Lousy who is such a powder puff and Havilli............................... The little old lady that lives down the way that shuffles to get to her mailbox every day would be better and probably faster than Lousy......................... Really sorry but picking Manly to win and for us to drop out of the 8. :( Love my warriors but after the Roosters and the bench named..............................................................:woot:

I have grave fears for this game - i hate sounding so negative but having Matai and Lyon up against Kata (who couldn't contain Ferguson) and Tui does worry me. The bench as it stands offers nothing whatsoever pretty much other than Vete - cannot think why Crappy would pick Lousy who is such a powder puff and Havilli............................... The little old lady that lives down the way that shuffles to get to her mailbox every day would be better and probably faster than Lousy......................... Really sorry but picking Manly to win and for us to drop out of the 8. :( Love my warriors but after the Roosters and the bench named..............................................................:woot:

We have to dominate them in the middle and starve them of possession. Repeat sets, limit the errors and patience will win us this game easily.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Inruin

Contributor
Manly shouldn't get much front foot ball this game. Even with our bench. We should do to them what the Roosters just did to us. It wouldn't surprise me to see 30+ points put on Manly this week. Happy to take any money off you if you care to wager......

Amazing what a few injuries can do to a team. Different dynamics and playing styles really affect a team and the confidence in how they play the game. Apart from the lack of go forward against the rooters it was more than obvious that Princess was hurt more than what he let on.
While I do admire him for even starting the game with an obvious injury at some stage we have to realise that playing at 50% fit does not do our team any favours and maybe we should take a week off to recover. While the needle takes away the pain the injury prevents the player extending themselves and it may be in the better interest of the team to play without him and take the loss on the chin.
Manly are in a similar situation with DCE out so if Shaun Johnson is still injured it may be a good time to rest him.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.