Team List 2015 Rnd 20 - Warriors vs Manly

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched NSW Cup but I know Fish has been playing pretty well. How's his speed looking? Does he still have the same pace or does he look slower these days?

I think its a bit tough on Fusitua, if anything Kata deserved to be dropped more than anything given he was the source of our edge breakdown against the Chooks. Echo the thoughts about the bench, Havili has to go

Until this year Ken Maumalo was, in my opinion a second rower that offered centre cover. With Hoffman out, he is the ideal guy to have on the bench to cover 2nd row and ideally spell RFM, but also cover centre and wing (in the likely event that someones gets hurt). He and Lisone should be on the bench for mine, at the expense of any two not named Albert Vete.

Edit: It would appear Defence Defence is on board as well!

Looks pretty slick with Lolo and the fish together.
Hope it is the beginning of a great future duo on that flank.
Hope they don't receive a Matai special, he will be amping knowing there is no Hurrell to contend with.
Come on Doyle, we need to spruce up our bench.
Glad Sammy gets another chance, cobwebs blown off.
Just hope he can move forward this weekend and lead like we know he can.
Pray that last weekend was not proof his NRL days are done.
Apart from Vete, our other two are making up numbers.
Want to see if John Palavi will take his next opportunity if given one.
I know David Bhana will.

Welcome back Fisiiahi.. great to see him back in top grade here's hoping he comes through unscathed and we see him in space carving up.. Curious to know if Tomkins has played alongside Fisiiahi before? be interested to see how they combine..

It's all up to McFadden how he utilizes Havili.. Havili's getting slated for McFadden's stupid logic.. such a weird ass bench and McFadden's been like that for a while now.. just doesn't know what he wants.. it's as if he doesn't put much emphasis on the bench and keeps choosing players for the sake of it.. the timing of his substitutions is questionable too.

Definitely missing a trick when it comes to our bench...In today's modern era the balance and impact of the bench is as important as the starting players and I don't think McFadden's got this right all season.

Vete deserves his spot.. aggression and mongrel doesn't take a backward step to anyone
Lousi needs to stand up and do something not be a big farkin waste of space.. comes off the bench drops the ball cold and runs like a slug.. some real impact that is..
Rapira hasn't done anything in reserve grade to deserve a spot in first grade.. pretty much biding his time until he departs, no output against the chickens pretty much went through the motions and did sweet fark all.
Havili might as well play reserve grade and get decent game time instead of being everyone's scapegoat every week..

Apart from Vete the rest offer zero impact or quality what so ever.. pretty much contributing to the teams own downfall

Lisone , Roache and Bhana must be in consideration and would offer more then what some of the current bench players are showing..
As many have already mentioned.. how good would a big bad ass forward like Peteru be or even Matagi now??
Lousi , Havili and Rapira are experienced players but if they aren't producing anything then drop them don't keep giving them chances when they don't deserve it.. be ruthless.

Reactions: Woofa

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Welcome back Fisiiahi.. great to see him back in top grade here's hoping he comes through unscathed and we see him in space carving up.. Curious to know if Tomkins has played alongside Fisiiahi before? be interested to see how they combine..

Tomkins and Fish were in the same side against the Tigers in Wellington last year and I think the Sharks game other than that I can't think of too many

Reactions: mode81
Has Lousi got compromising pictures of Warriors management or something? How can he still be in the mix? Surely several years of absolute mediocrity and bonehead plays must have alerted the selectors to what the rest of us have seen for so long. As for the rest, I guess they are working with what they have. But half the first choice backline missing and a rookie bench is a bit scary. I am picking us to win but Manly are only six points behind us even though they are 13th on the ladder and they must fancy their chances

Lisone , Roache and Bhana must be in consideration and would offer more then what some of the current bench players are showing..
was thinking about this..... surely either Bhana or Roache would get the bench sport over havilli. to be fair havent seen enough of roache to say hes first grade ready (i like what i see though) for me it should be Bhana as he offers more than havilli.

Reactions: koolkat
was thinking about this..... surely either Bhana or Roache would get the bench sport over havilli. to be fair havent seen enough of roache to say hes first grade ready (i like what i see though) for me it should be Bhana as he offers more than havilli.

Bhana seems ready for top grade.. Roache is quite a clued up player I like his option taking almost plays like a half at times

Just realized the amount of personnel we have out.. outrageous talent!

That is some real quality sitting on the sidelines.. imagine the difference every single one of those players would bring to the team when fit and firing ..also the non selection of Lisone and Maumalo and you almost have a whole starting 13..

2.Fusitua
3.Hurrell
4.Laumape
5.Vatuvei
9.Leuluai
12.Hoffman
14.Henry

Pewhairangi, Peteru and Matagi released mid season...

Until this year Ken Maumalo was, in my opinion a second rower that offered centre cover. With Hoffman out, he is the ideal guy to have on the bench to cover 2nd row and ideally spell RFM, but also cover centre and wing (in the likely event that someones gets hurt). He and Lisone should be on the bench for mine, at the expense of any two not named Albert Vete.

Edit: It would appear Defence Defence is on board as well!

Yeah I still see his future in the backrow- I'd prob start playing him there next year.
Otherwise he could end up the next taukiaho- the club seemed determined to play him at center but he was never gonna be good enough to nail down a spot so they release him- another club sees the obvious- chucks him in the backrow and boo ya.

Reactions: Inruin and koolkat

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic