Support/Announcement 2015 NZWarriors.com Fan Forum Awards

Player you expect to have the best season?

• Issac Luke

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Jonathan Wright

• Konrad Hurrell

• Solomone Kata

• Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

• Matt Allwood

• Ken Maumalo

• Shaun Johnson

• Chad Townsend

• Mason Lino

• Ligi Sao

• Blake Ayshford

• Jeff Robson

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Simon Mannering

• Bodene Thompson

• Ryan Hoffman

• Raymond Faitala-Mariner

• Manu Vatuvei

Results are only viewable after voting.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Lolohea is a shoe in.
Kata gets a vote, as much as he done my head in at times ( esp towards the end of the season) he was the only rookie to start every game ( prob in the whole nrl for that matter) and finished top try scorer.
Vete would be my third choice- seemed to grow as the season went on- he was really ripping in at the end there. I can't wait to see him next season- this season would've given him a lot of self belief- he's only gonna get better.

Jordan G

Lolohea, Kata, Vete were my three.

Lino with more time probably would have gotten more of a go because he looked decent in his two starts at times.

RFM/Maumalo did some good thing, some bad things, limited opportunity.

Lisone did well, was up and down like you'd expect. I think the way Lisone was used was probably the plan for Kata until we got destroyed by injuries in the outside backs.

Play The Ball

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Lolohea, Vete and Kata for me. Kata would have had it at the halfway point of the year. Tui would be in the discussion for the overall NRL Rookie of the Year. Guessing Jack Bird, Cameron Munster, Jake Trbojevic (if he counts as he played 1 game in 2013 and none more until this year), the same with Sio Siua Takeiaho, Kane Elgey and Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

Reactions: Defence

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
I went Lolohea, Vete and Lisone. Kata would have been in there mid year, but his defensive efforts in the back half of the year were abysmal so I didn't give him a vote. He did play all games this season to his credit, but I just didn't feel his defence warrants him being in there. (not to mention he starves his winger of the ball).

Just an aside - Vete and Lisone both surprised this year. With players like Rapira, Matagi, even Lousi, Gubb and Ikahihifo in the squad - it was a surprise to see both Vete and Lisone play as much as they did.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
1. Tuimoala Lolohea - Been majorly impressed with how well he has coped with all the different positions he has been thrown in. Even more impressive is the fact that he has been played out of position at fullback and had to step up to the halves even though he hadnt trained there all preseason and during the season proper. Even the fullback role he hadnt played in ever. Even during his junior years. All this while still being eligible for the U20 Holden Cup team. The kids a special talent and we havent seen anything yet. The best is yet to come.

2. Albert Vete
- Very close 2nd. Funny how our propping rotation isnt so much as a hot topic. Especially in the Recruitment thread where every second post was, ''Please sign a big bopper" :yawn: A lot of that has to do with the emergence of not only Albie but also Sam Lisone. With Vete though we have a young prop that is the triple threat. Has the physical attributes, mental toughness and he's a down to earth humble guy. The next Jerry Seuseu. I think we can all see that Vete is going to have a long career. Heres hoping its with us.

3. Solomone Kata
- To be honest I only picked Solomone Kata because he's played every game this season and just about every minute. The only player to do so.

Unlucky for Sam Lisone who is another rising star if he can learn to channel his aggression effectively...

Reactions: Jay M

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Lolohea is a shoe in.
Kata gets a vote, as much as he done my head in at times ( esp towards the end of the season) he was the only rookie to start every game ( prob in the whole nrl for that matter) and finished top try scorer.
Vete would be my third choice- seemed to grow as the season went on- he was really ripping in at the end there. I can't wait to see him next season- this season would've given him a lot of self belief- he's only gonna get better.
I totally concur bro ... I have the same picks in the same order for the same reasons

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Spoiled for choice, last year only had Fusitua and Havili to vote for and they didn’t play half as much as these guys.

Couldn’t split between Vete and Lolohea, tui did appear 3 times (is he really a rookie??) last year, so I’ll give it to Albert for having a great season without having tried first grade before.

It’s also good to have someone named ‘Albert’ to support.

• Haha

stacky18

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2013
Rookie
Tui. Made mistakes but in the end he never gave up. Showed what he's capable of and why he must be in the 17 every week.
He's a true competitor. His try saves at fullback were amazing. Looked like he was about to cry after the dogs game. He lives for this game and can help the club be successful.

Vete. Showed good progress this year. Held his own in a position that is hard for rookies. Only missed a handful of games. Hope for more progression next year and more minutes. Should challenge for a starting spot by 2016 end.

Kata. Played every game. Tried hard. Made errors a plenty but will better for the experience. Potential game breaker but needs to improve tackling efficiency. Passing and putting a ball over the line.

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
Player of the year
1 Simon Mannering
2 Ben Matulino
3 Ryan Hoffman
Rockie of the year
1 Vete
2 Tui
3 kata
Recruit, Hoffman we missed his experience when injured total professional. and we will see that professionalism come too fruition in other players next year I'm sure

Last edited:

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
Recruit of the year - Bodene Thompson

I wanted to pick Hoffman, and based on the first half of the season he deserves it. But after his calf injury in origin he lacked the enthusiasm nearing the end of the season. Not that I blame him - there wasn't much to be enthused about. The mantra he brings to this pack will have lasting effects so long as the culture is continuously focused on behind the scenes.

Thompson got better and better as the season progressed. It's a damn shame Shaun Johnson got injured, because that tandem started to rein in results - the patented short-ball was near-perfection as Bodene started to run his lines better. But in general, Thompson became a real threat with ball in hand in the later part of the season - he carved up the Storm on numerous occasions in the now infamous Mt Smart victory which had us up in the Top 4 before we came crashing down. His game winner for the Eels epitomized his value for money - what was a relatively low-key and (hopefully) lost-cost signing became one that truly improved our team. He's a gritty defender, and although he becomes victim of shirt-grabbing at times in later parts of games, his sturdy presence strengthens our back-row tandem heading forward.

Finally, one of the spontaneous "for the heck of it" signings paid off.

Reactions: OMG and Defence

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings