• Sam Tomkins

• Manu Vatuvei

• Shaun Johnson

• Ben Matulino

• Sebastine Ikahihifo

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Congrats to all the winners, thoroughly deserved.

I have spoken to a couple of people that were at the awards and they have thrown up words like "amateurish" "unprepared" can people on here that were there please give your views as what I have been told the awards were a bit of a shambles with jibes being thrown at Owen Glenn etc. Is this the mindset of the club as a whole? I mean our two owners have had a massive public (dare I say it childish) spat, is this transferred to the club through management, players etc????

Hate to use Penrith as an example but they seem to exude professionalism and unity, something our mighty club looks to be lacking......just thought I would throw it out there.
Same thing happened at the Members Forum this year. Seemed pretty out of it that Wayne Scurrah was somewhat attacking Owen Glenn yet he was effectively their boss. Didnt think much more of it cause I think Owen was in the wrong and a muppet.

That will all change once Doyle gets here I guarantee you...

Reactions: ajofbrisbane
Is it an indictment on the Warriors that Simon Mannering wins so often ? Would it be preferable for a player type that can win games /turn games in your favor be the lead performer in your squad ?
The examples of Thurston & Foran were used.

I think this is a fair question and is why I raised the point in an earlier post re 'what does this say about the Warriors ?'
It is a fair question, and it also points to why Stacey Jones only won the once... as good a player as Jones obviously was, there were always other players who stood up and played really well for the bulk of the season. The same can't be said of the players around Mannering.

Congrats to all the winners, thoroughly deserved.

I have spoken to a couple of people that were at the awards and they have thrown up words like "amateurish" "unprepared" can people on here that were there please give your views as what I have been told the awards were a bit of a shambles with jibes being thrown at Owen Glenn etc. Is this the mindset of the club as a whole? I mean our two owners have had a massive public (dare I say it childish) spat, is this transferred to the club through management, players etc????

Hate to use Penrith as an example but they seem to exude professionalism and unity, something our mighty club looks to be lacking......just thought I would throw it out there.
If this is the case (and, sadly, it's very easy to believe it is), is it any wonder our players don't seem to have the attitude required to be one of the top handful of teams? It illustrates what I believe is a problem with what they call the 'trickle down' effect: only the shit trickles down.

It is a fair question, and it also points to why Stacey Jones only won the once... as good a player as Jones obviously was, there were always other players who stood up and played really well for the bulk of the season. The same can't be said of the players around Mannering.
Yet a favorite quote is the players will bleed for him.......

Odd man....odd logic that one....." Simon doesn't say much but when he does everybody listens"

"Leads by example "

Fookin strange mumbo jumbo goin on there. That only Fly's when your team is emulating what the Role Modeller is doing.

Otherwise he might as well speak Mandarin.

Reactions: Raurimu Massive