• Sam Tomkins

• Manu Vatuvei

• Shaun Johnson

• Ben Matulino

• Sebastine Ikahihifo

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Manu Vatuvei voted Players' Player of the year...

Bxpdk7aIUAA0Yco.jpg

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So the Warriors Player of the Year list is:

2014 Simon Mannering
2013 Simon Mannering
2012 Ben Matulino
2011 Simon Mannering
2010 Manu Vatuvei
2009 Micheal Luck
2008 Simon Mannering
2007 Steve Price
2006 Steve Price
2005 Ruben Wiki
2004 Wairangi Koopu
2003 Francis Meli
2002 Ali Lauitiiti
2001 Jerry Seuseu
2000 Robert Mears
1999 Jason Death
1998 Joe Vagana
1997 Stacey Jones
1996 Steven Kearney
1995 Tea Ropati

Last edited:
Reactions: mode81
Either Mannerings the best player to have ever played for the Warriors.......or in his era there is a serious dearth of other players pushing for the Awards.

One or the other.

It's the other.....look Mannering was great the 2nd half of the season....maybe the best I've seen him but at the start of the season he was average. Lillyman was more consistent. It seems the Warriors have a real fan boy view of Mannering.......the fact he's won 4 player of the year awards whilst Stacey has won one (in 1997 about 5 years before his prime) says it all.........Mannering was a candidate this season for sure but it seems like whenever he is a candidate, he gets the win.....he also seems to be awarded the captaincy for both club and country far too easily.....still he's a great player at the peak of his powers.

Jake, IMO, was a sure thing. As sure as you get. Every game Jake was at 100%. Pushed himself back into a starting QLD jersey. No mean feat. No minor achievement. Simon was very good. At times the best he's ever been. But every game? Like Jake? Well i think we all know the answer to that. Don't we.

2014 Simon Mannering
2013 Simon Mannering
2012 Ben Matulino
2011 Simon Mannering
2010 Manu Vatuvei
2009 Micheal Luck
2008 Simon Mannering
2007 Steve Price
2005 Ruben Wiki
2004 Wairangi Koopu
2003 Francis Meli
2002 Ali Lauitiiti
2001 Jerry Seuseu
2000 Robert Mears
1999 Jason Death
1998 Joe Vagana
1997 Stacey Jones
1996 Steven Kearney
1995 Tea Ropati

Don't suppose u have a list of players player over the years?

Just out of curiosity who was 2006 Player of the year? Must have been that 'other' great Waikato rugby league product Lance Hohaia

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just out of curiosity who was 2006 Player of the year? Must have been that 'other' great Waikato rugby league product Lance Hohaia
Not sure why its not listed but it was Steve Price. Grant Rovelli was the Vodafone Young Player of the Year, Micheal Luck the Puma Clubman of the Year and Brent Webb the Vodafone One Tribe Supporters’ Player of the Year.

No way Lance would have got it. Only played 12 games and even got released (dumped) to play BarterCard Cup for Waicoa Bay...

• Haha
Reactions: mode81
Not sure why its not listed but it was Steve Price. Grant Rovelli was the Vodafone Young Player of the Year, Micheal Luck the Puma Clubman of the Year and Brent Webb the Vodafone One Tribe Supporters’ Player of the Year.

No way Lance would have got it. Only played 12 games and even got released (dumped) to play BarterCard Cup for Waicoa Bay...

Cheer mt.. I couldn't help but have a chuckle over that one though bro.. classic Lancey!

Reactions: mt.wellington

2014 Simon Mannering
2013 Simon Mannering
2012 Ben Matulino
2011 Simon Mannering
2010 Manu Vatuvei
2009 Micheal Luck
2008 Simon Mannering
2007 Steve Price
2005 Ruben Wiki
2004 Wairangi Koopu
2003 Francis Meli
2002 Ali Lauitiiti
2001 Jerry Seuseu
2000 Robert Mears
1999 Jason Death
1998 Joe Vagana
1997 Stacey Jones
1996 Steven Kearney
1995 Tea Ropati

Only one half and no fullbacks-
Backs up my long held belief that we've never had enough class players in key positions.

Jake, IMO, was a sure thing. As sure as you get. Every game Jake was at 100%. Pushed himself back into a starting QLD jersey. No mean feat. No minor achievement. Simon was very good. At times the best he's ever been. But every game? Like Jake? Well i think we all know the answer to that. Don't we.

Agree with you here... played origin, added to the Kangaroos train on squad... Mannering was solid - but far from a standout year for him IMO... You could argue that Mannering isn't even in the best "x" (pick a number) backrowers eligible for the kiwis whereas Lillyman was named in the kangaroos train on squad as prop (and they have a lot of very good props)...

no disrespect to Mannering here - but I'd have had both Jake and probably Manu in front of him (Manu for me had his best year in a long time)...