• Sam Tomkins

• Manu Vatuvei

• Shaun Johnson

• Ben Matulino

• Sebastine Ikahihifo

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just a thread to gauge members player of the year and news for the upcoming Warriors Player Awards. Poll is only for players who are in genuine contention and have played 15+ games. Most games from the top down. You can change votes later on...

Last years winners were:

NYC Player of the Year - Michael Sio
NYC Young Player of the Year - Tuimoala Lolohea
NYC Clubman of the Year - Viliami Kaveinga

NRL Player of the Year - Simon Mannering
NRL Rookie of the Year - Ngani Laumape
NRL Peoples Player - Shaun Johnson
NRL Legacy Award - Jerome Ropati
NRL Clubman of the Year - Manu Vatuvei

Past winners of the Player of the Year are:

2013 Simon Mannering
2012 Ben Matulino
2011 Simon Mannering
2010 Manu Vatuvei
2009 Micheal Luck
2008 Simon Mannering
2007 Steve Price
2005 Ruben Wiki
2004 Wairangi Koopu
2003 Francis Meli
2002 Ali Lauitiiti
2001 Jerry Seuseu
2000 Robert Mears
1999 Jason Death
1998 Joe Vagana
1997 Stacey Jones
1996 Steven Kearney
1995 Tea Ropati

602242_184373705047117_858782234_n reduced.jpg

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Bit undecided at the moment on some...

NYC Player of the Year - Sam Lisone
NYC Young Player of the Year - Brad Abbey
NSW Player of the Year - Steve Waetford
NRL Player of the Year - Tie between Jacob Lillyman and Manu Vatuvei at the moment
NRL Rookie of the Year - David Fusitua
NRL Peoples Player - Konrad Hurrell or Shaun Johnson

Heres a template if you want to use it...

NYC Player of the Year -
NYC Young Player of the Year -
NSW Player of the Year -
NRL Player of the Year -
NRL Rookie of the Year -
NRL Peoples Player -

NRL Player of the Year - Jacob Lillyman - clear winner for mine. Has been ultra consistent all year, and not only that, but has taken his game to another level at the same time. Became starting prop in Origin and, is among the best metre makers for all props in the NRL. Manu a close second, Simon third.

Inruin

Contributor
NYC Player of the Year - Sam Lisone
NYC Young Player of the Year - Brad Abbey
NSW Player of the Year - Upu Poching
NRL Player of the Year - close between Lillyman and Mannering
NRL Rookie of the Year - does Sam Tomkins count?
NRL Peoples Player - Konrad Hurrell

Manu has had to many poor games compared to the consistency of Lillyman and Mannering IMO. Tomkins would be a close third possibly

Reactions: Jay M
I don't get to see much NSW cup or under 20s so I'll just judge NRL.
Player of year: Mannering or Manu.
Rookie of year: Fusitua. (only genuine option unless Tomkins counts as a rookie with this being his first year).
NRL peoples choice: Konnie.

Is there a players player? If there is its Lillyman.

Mannering or Manu do so much work and so many extras that they have to be our 2 best. As good as Lillyman has been I still think our team can win without him but if we lose Mannering or Manu our team falls to pieces.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
NYC Player of the Year - Lino or Lisone
NYC Young Player of the Year - Abbey
NSW Player of the Year - Dunno, they aren't on TV anymore! Peyroux, or Paasi, maybe.
NRL Player of the Year - Lillyman, I was sort of hoping Johnson or Hurrell would play well enough to unseat him, but they got hurt instead. Mannering a close 2nd, vatuvei 3rd, Johnson 4th.
NRL Rookie of the Year - Fusitua by default, ikahihifo if he qualified, which he dosent.
NRL Peoples Player - Hurrell or Johnson

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL Rookie of the Year - does Sam Tomkins count?
No. Only First Class debutants...
Rookie of year: Fusitua. (only genuine option unless Tomkins counts as a rookie with this being his first year).
NRL Rookie of the Year - Fusitua by default, ikahihifo if he qualified, which he dosent.
Its out of:

David Fusitua
Siliva Havili
Agnatius Paasi
John Palavi
Tuimoala Lolohea

David Fusitua is really the only option.

Most Improved - Sebastine Ikahihifo...

NYC Player of the Year - Lisone
NSW Player of the Year - Waetford
NRL Player of the Year - Lillyman
NRL Rookie of the Year - Lolohea
NRL Peoples Player - Hurrell
Coach of the year - McFadden

Most improved - torn between Hurrell and Seb. Most improved is a hard one because so many have improved under McFadden's tutelage. Seb has come on in leaps and bounds, while Hurrell's defence has improved immensely.

I went Lolohea over Fusitua for Rookie of the Year. I know Fusitua has played more games (significantly), but Lolohea showed me enough in those two games that he has a big future. Plus Fusitua's defence has been a bit of a let down. (in reality - Fusitua will probably get it).

Mannering or Manu to get clubman of the year.

Inruin

Contributor
NYC Player of the Year - Lisone
NSW Player of the Year - Waetford
NRL Player of the Year - Lillyman
NRL Rookie of the Year - Lolohea
NRL Peoples Player - Hurrell
Coach of the year - McFadden

Most improved - torn between Hurrell and Seb. Most improved is a hard one because so many have improved under McFadden's tutelage. Seb has come on in leaps and bounds, while Hurrell's defence has improved immensely.

I went Lolohea over Fusitua for Rookie of the Year. I know Fusitua has played more games (significantly), but Lolohea showed me enough in those two games that he has a big future. Plus Fusitua's defence has been a bit of a let down. (in reality - Fusitua will probably get it).

Mannering or Manu to get clubman of the year.
didnt he only play 4 minutes of one of those games?

Reactions: mt.wellington
didnt he only play 4 minutes of one of those games?

I think he played about 20 mins in the first game and maybe 40 in the second when Hurrell was injured? I'm not judging on minutes played as opposed to future potential though Like I said at the back of the sentence, Fusitua is the only genuine "option". But Lolohea has impressed me more.

Lillyman for mine.....I haven't seen Mannering play this well maybe ever since the 2nd half of the season but the Bull has been outstanding since the beginning of the year and thoroughly deserves it.

Reactions: Defence
I think Mannering and Lillyman will be fighting it out over the next few weeks for player of the year... Lillyman slightly ahead the the moment, and if it still even at the end of year, he'll get it.

No Marnoo ?

Many have posted this is his best season. How does that work then ?

NRL : Hurrell
NYC : Abby dual winner young NYC and over all prize.
NSW cup : Peroux
Peoples player: has to be the man who in the Wendy's add played the grinning Oaf " a Gerad Depadieu most unlikely face for television....the subtlety....the Method acting off a Burger eating big dumb NRL player is genius ".....all thoroughly deserving.

Could be any of them except Nielson eh....his acting sucks.

Last edited:
Most improved for me probably Ben Henry.

I was scathing and critical of him last season but he's an established first grader plus his versatility and Kiwis debut puts him right up there for me.