General 2014 Warriors NYC U20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence

Defence

Signed with Burleigh Bears, I heard - agree with what you said,watched him play last year at local level, he had a good boot on him and confident controlling the game.

Sweet I live in burliegh- I'll keep an eye on him

surfin

surfin

Just a quick update on the gossip I put in here earlier. The story I heard has changed slightly. The people who gave me the information got the surname wrong, which I am pleased about (I rate the player they originally named). It is not the up-and-comer I thought it was, but it must be a development player (I don't recognise the name). I don't think anything is going to come of it anyway. Still a shame that these guys can't learn to control themselves, though.

Kind of proves the point I made in the Shaun Johnson thread, sometimes people in the know don't know shit.

Reactions: 4 users
ramraider78

ramraider78

Scrappy trial in a few quarters IMO, everyone got a run last night for the 20's - at least a dozen IMO are automatics in the squad, which are mainly a lot of the guys who had a run last year in NYC or played Premier footy for there club. Michael Ki (2012 Nats MVP) surprised me with his foot work which was very good and his kick return was solid.

Full back should be interesting IMO definitely 3x contenders - Abbey,Kaveinga,Edawrds.

I was scathing of Tonks the other week but he runs the holes well and IMO is to classy to be running in the 20's - still in awe of his size when he walks out onto the field. I don't why Ken Maumalo trialed lol to good last night and he's looking powerful this year.

The halves need work IMO they still didn't control the game well,you could hear a few of the calls and then surprised looks when the move changed with a hospital pass.

I see a lot of kids struggled who have just come out of the U17's an U18's grades, watching some of them dominate over the past few years and then getting banged by men (richmond weren't that flash) shook some of them. Hoping they can shake off the nerves when they play another lot of men next week in Otahuhu.

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Scrappy trial in a few quarters IMO, everyone got a run last night for the 20's - at least a dozen IMO are automatics in the squad, which are mainly a lot of the guys who had a run last year in NYC or played Premier footy for there club. Michael Ki (2012 Nats MVP) surprised me with his foot work which was very good and his kick return was solid.

Full back should be interesting IMO definitely 3x contenders - Abbey,Kaveinga,Edawrds.

I was scathing of Tonks the other week but he runs the holes well and IMO is to classy to be running in the 20's - still in awe of his size when he walks out onto the field. I don't why Ken Maumalo trialed lol to good last night and he's looking powerful this year.

The halves need work IMO they still didn't control the game well,you could hear a few of the calls and then surprised looks when the move changed with a hospital pass.

I see a lot of kids struggled who have just come out of the U17's an U18's grades, watching some of them dominate over the past few years and then getting banged by men (richmond weren't that flash) shook some of them. Hoping they can shake off the nerves when they play another lot of men next week in Otahuhu.
any scoreline?

slaughterhouse.sa

Come on Ramraiders - Abbey is the fullback - no question.
Kaveinga & Edwards (is that the kura winger) are both good but Abbey is special.

Kaveinga I rate him - real old fashion custodian but always injured when seeing him player.

As for the halves remember those will be the 2nd tier halves - with Lino & Lolohea playing against wigan.

ramraider78

ramraider78

Come on Ramraiders - Abbey is the fullback - no question.
Kaveinga & Edwards (is that the kura winger) are both good but Abbey is special.

Kaveinga I rate him - real old fashion custodian but always injured when seeing him player.

As for the halves remember those will be the 2nd tier halves - with Lino & Lolohea playing against wigan.
I seen Edwards play fullback against us last year and he looked handy then - but out of the 3 x Abbey has the better kicking game. VK is injury prone.

It's early days with these trials I agree but the way Lolohea has been playing lately I'll be surprised if doesn't spend more time in reserve grade team this season - one of those 2nd tier halves has to step up, they look alright but IMO lack confidence and control - being able to stand closer to the sideline last Friday you could see it. Wright and Jones maybe able to develop one of them; Liam looks alright definitely talks a lot from where I stood.

Still the 20's are looking good this year at this stage.
any scoreline?
Didn't bother bro, they didn't take kicks, they used agility poles as goal posts, it wasn't flash footy and richmond scored 3 -4 tries from memory (over half there team trialing were to big or to old)

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
It's early days with these trials I agree but the way Lolohea has been playing lately I'll be surprised if doesn't spend more time in reserve grade team this season

I honestly think they should stop mucking round and have him playing Reserve Grade full-time. Wasting himself in the U20's. He won't grow as well as he should there...

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
quick question,

has the Vulcans officially been renamed the reserve grade?

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

They're no longer the Vulcans. I think it's just Vodafone Warriors Nsw Cup now
When will we find out what jersey they will play in? My guess is there will be a new release design to mark the official take-over.

Hitman82

Hitman82

When will we find out what jersey they will play in? My guess is there will be a new release design to mark the official take-over.

I just checked the nsw cup site and they're just called new zealand warriors. No idea what jersey they will use, hopefully something similar to the 95 strip! I reckon it's rad when feeder clubs rep retro jerseys

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I just checked the nsw cup site and they're just called new zealand warriors. No idea what jersey they will use, hopefully something similar to the 95 strip! I reckon it's rad when feeder clubs rep retro jerseys
Yeah, I had checked that weeks ago. They haven't even got the current club logos up yet (last time I looked), so doubt they will be ready with jersey designs. I hope they do something totally left field and run with a fairly plain black jersey with red and white slightly stylised chevron, with maybe a bit of red piping. Perhaps with a bold sponsor logo about stomach height.

Actually, I have seen another team with a similar design, but they don't wear it that often. They usually run with one of their very limited selection of special and away strips that celebrate very special occassions such as Saturdays and Sundays.

ramraider78

ramraider78

Watched the 20's trial on Saturday against Otara an Otahuhu - TBH it's early days but we'll have a strong 20's side again, getting the right mix of experienced an new players will be the key IMO, the team that ran out against Otahuhu is pretty much the 20's starting line up (not pretty far off) , though that depends on how many players get bleed through the Reserves team.

Said it a few times , the 2nd tier halves need a lot of work in the confidence department IMO they have talent but you still can see out there the jump from age group footy to playing men, hasn't been easy - Lino and Lolohea will own the halves spots when they play 20's this year.

Bunty Afoa IMO will be the suprise package for 2014 - he's had outstanding trials but our propping rotation is stacked, so he might play some Fox games. Michael Ulukiola is a player to watch - TBH he's aggressive and hits the line at speed, reminds me of a young James Taylor 2 yrs ago.

The team is named this week, I think?

warriors4eva

must be this weekend coming, usually the last or 2nd to last weekend herald before the comp starts

Sup42

Sup42

Anyone got any intel on the on the under 20's game this weekend ? we won right ?

wondering who played etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.