Jan 14, 2013
Palmerston North
Screenshot (13).png

Reactions: 2 people

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Geez they're gonna be hard to beat with lisone, kata and lolohea in the side.
What about fusitua?
David Fusitua is still eligible but has a dislocated shoulder so he's out for the season. As well as the names you mention in Solomone Kata, Sam Lisone and Tuimoala Lolohea theres also Ken Maumalo and Ngataua Hukatai who have also been playing Reserve Grade. Those 5 would make the U20's an amazing force...

Reactions: Defence

goku

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 3, 2014
from league unlimited:

The 2014 Holden Cup Team of the Year has been named with the ladder leading Newcastle Knights featuring heavily with four players named in the side, as well as their coach Mick Crawley picking up top honour.

The announcement was made on Tuesday morning by NRL Director of Football Operations, Todd Greenberg at Rugby League Central. The team includes several players who have made their NRL debut's this season, Jake Mamo, Valentine Holmes, Sione Mata'utia, Brendan Elliott, Nene MacDonald, Tepai Moeroa and Joseph Tapine.

The Team of the Year is as follows:

Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)
Valentine Holmes (Cronulla Sharks)
Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)
Brendan Elliott (Sydney Roosters)
Nene MacDonald (Sydney Roosters)
Te Maire Martin (Wests Tigers)
Drew Hitchison (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
Andy Saunders (Penrith Panthers)
Manaia Cherrington (Wests Tigers)
Sam Lisone (New Zealand Warriors)
Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm)
Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)
Willie Meehan (Sydney Roosters)
Daniel Levi (Newcastle Knights)
Joseph Tapine (Newcastle Knights)
Addin Fonua-Blake (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
Kane Elgey (Gold Coast Titans)

Coach of the Year: Mick Crawley (Newcastle Knights)

Reactions: eudebrito

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NYC RD #26 | Team shuffled
Thu 4th September, 06:32PM
1409812845825.jpg

Junior Warriors' Lulio Afoa in action. Round 16 Holden Cup, Junior Warriors v Junior Panthers, Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand. Sunday 29th June 2014. Photo: photosport.co.nz

Coach Stacey Jones has shuffled his players around for the match at Sportingbet Stadium against the Panthers this Sunday (4.15pm-AEST).

The Vodafone Junior Warriors currently sit on 7th position on 28 points and have the Panthers (8th), Rabbitohs (9th) and Storm (10th) nipping at their heels all on 28 points with only point differential deciding their place on the table.

If the Vodafone Junior Warriors go down to the Panthers all three of those teams have the opportunity to knock them out of the eight. The Rabbitohs would have to beat the 3rd placed Roosters or the Storm beat the 4th placed Broncos for this to happen. If both the Rabbitohs and Storm lose the Vodafone Junior Warriors would still stay in the eight even with a loss.

Even if the Vodafone Junior Warriors win against the Panthers they can’t move up the table as the West Tigers sit at 6th spot on 33 points.

The last time these two teams met the Vodafone Junior Warriors came out on top with a 30-16 win at Mount Smart Stadium. In 2013 the two teams met in the Holden Cup Grand Final with the Panthers prevailing with a 42-30 win.

Ken Maumalo who ran 148 metres against the Titans last week moves to centre and Ngataua Hukatai shifts out to the wing. Mikaere Beattie is set to start at standoff with Kurt Robinson moving back to his usual position of hooker.

Kouma Samson returns to the side at prop with Toafofoa Sipley shifting to the bench. Nat Roache who started at hooker last week also moves to the bench as utility cover.

Solomone Kata will be a key strike weapon against the Panthers having ran 175m, make two line breaks and score two tries against the Titans last week and show good form during his time in the NSW Cup. Having been named in the 2014 Holden Cup Team of the Year co-captain Sam Lisone will be leading from the front to create some good go-forward for his backs to work their magic.

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS v PANTHERS

Sportingbet Stadium, Penrith

4.15pm (AEST), Sunday, September 7

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 BRAD ABBEY

2 NGATAUA HUKATAI

3 KEN MAUMALO

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 METIA LISATI

6 MIKAERE BEATTIE

7 MASON LINO (C)

8 SAM LISONE (C)

9 KURT ROBINSON

10 KOUMA SAMSON

11 MARATA NIUKORE

12 ADAM TUIMAVAVE GERRARD

13 JAZZ TEVAGA

Interchange:

14 OFAHIKI OGDEN

15 TOAFOFOA SIPLEY

16 IULIO AFOA

17 NATHANIEL ROACHE

18 PAUL ULBERG

COACH: STACEY JONES

https://www.warriors.co.nz/news/2014/09/04/nyc_rd_26_team_shuffled_for_last_round.html

No Tuimoala Lolohea!

Reactions: Defence

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Lolohea injured? Covering for first grade?
Only thing that teams missing is a gun half.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Gonna be very hard to beat from here on in.
Stacks up quite nicely against the last warriors side to win the u20s- 2011

1. Omar Slaimankhel
2. Adam Henry
3.Sosaia Feki
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Dylan Collier
6. Carlos Tuimavave
7. Jordan Meads
8. Ligi Sao
9. Eko Malu
10. Donald Tony
11. Sam Lousi
12. Ben Henry (C)
13.Sebastine Ikahihifo
Interchange:
14. Siliva Havili
15. George Maka
16. Agnatius Paasi
17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

12 of them guys have already played first grade- awesome strike rate.
If I had to call it early I think there's 9- maybe 10 guys in this weeks line up that I can see playing first grade in the future- plus the injured fusitua (obviously) and I think the suspended bell could make it too.

Reactions: Hitman82

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Anyone know anything about Kelvin Wright, assistant coach for the Kiwis???
New Warrior 20's coach, done a year under Ackland 2013, 2014 under Stacy, 2012 Premier Fox coach at Bay Roskill, 2011 Assistant coach at Otara - his appointment had a few people around the grounds in shock at how fast he has gotten up there. I played against him years ago and IMO was a good player at local level. Nice bloke to talk with but it's going to be interesting how he goes on his own in the hot seat; He's close with Ackland being Mt Albert. I suppose you get fast tracked these days and don't really have to win anything at local level to progress up the ranks :confused: Good luck to him anyway.

I know I questioned Ricky Henry on here when he was in FG Assistant coach but I thought he would of got moved into the 20's role since he had done the Warriors development stint - keep him in the organisation?

Wonder if Cappy still going to pick the 20's team during regular season?

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Not many around here realize this. Same for Reserve Grade. All hail Stacey Jones lol...
Yeah I know, didn't want to rock the boat since we won the 20's Title but not that convinced ,especially after your post the other day regarding the article, I'm not sold either - some 20's players still don't rate him as a coach TBH but let's bring on 2015 and see how that goes.

Reactions: OMG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings