General 2014 Warriors NYC U20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaughterhouse.sa

If it come to one or the other, I'd rather an age open Reserves competition over the U20s, run by the NRL. Okay, the Warriors would struggle at first with under 20s players going into games against NRL players/bit players but for me the flip-side is that from Day 1 rather than Day 365/730 they'd be playing and training with those older/more experienced players (and obviously playing against as well) and that should get rid of their bad habits quicker, make them learn not to just rely on bulk/physique. Therefore shortening if not completely circumventing the "bouncing around" between the U20s and NSW that happens now.

Don't know how/if the Fox would fit into this, of course (does it fit into any step of the Warriors development plans now? I mean, do the Warriors have any sway such as telling the Marlins they're taking Sam Lousi this week, tough titty for the guy he's replacing?)

Ackland is already left.
The players dont rely on bulk/physqiue.
That based upon the clubs coaching, recruitments and selection policies.

Cause the Fox plays a plan ..... NYC players who dont selected usually play Fox.
Sometimes reserve grade.

As for NRL full-time players....100% would walk back into Fox teams and be welcomed.
However not always the case for NYC/NSW cup because just because they have been selected doesnt always mean they are better than current players.

As a 18 year old or 19 year old if you do well in the Fox...odds are you will get picked up bh
However at that age...alot of top talent is already picked up.

I am all for allowing late bloomers....

Remember Omar Slaimankhel getting a first grade game....when you could find better players in Fox.

slaughterhouse.sa

Put it another way..

The NYC allows clubs to invest time wise but spread the money investment across 40+ palyers
Then watch them in NYC and make informed which players

The other method will be clubs pick the best couple of obvious prospects then splash the cash whilst they are 6th or 7th form.
Then try and develop them on the run.

Continue picking them in the higher grade (and lose) because you have spent money on them and believe they will come good.
Even though there are better options for the reserve coach.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
We won our reserve grade minor premiership in year one then got shut down.
Made the Grand Final in 96. Minor Premiers in 1997 and another GF. Think 1998 we played only a domestic circuit. Some genuine future stars in these teams...

97 Reserve Grade

98 Reserve grade

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NYC PREVIEW | Debut for Price
Richard Becht
Sun 17th August, 12:42PM
1408236799895.jpg

Joseph Price, pictured playing for Counties-Manukau 17s last year, makes his NYC debut for the Vodafone Junior Warriors today. Image | www.photosport.co.nz

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS v NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Hnuter Stadium, Newcastle

1.45pm, Sunday, August 17

Mangere East Hawks junior will become the 21st player to make his Vodafone Junior Warriors debut so far this season when he comes off the bench against competition leader Newcastle in today’s 23rd-round NYC clash at Hunter Stadium (1.45pm kick-off NZT).

The 18-year-old has been brought onto the team’s interchange with coach Stacey Jones making two changes to his originally-named side.

Standoff Ata Hingano is out bringing about a reshuffle which sees Semisi Tyrell moved off the bench to start in the halves while Jones has also brought Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard into the starting back row and put Michael Ki back to the interchange.

Price was in contention to make his debut against Canberra two weeks ago.

A graduate from the Vodafone Warriors’ development system, he plays for the Hawks the Fox Memorial and he captained Otahuhu College in Auckland’s College Rugby League First XIII competition last year.

The match also marks co-captain Mason Lino’s return from a month-long lay-off with a shoulder injury.

The Vodafone Warriors go into the match on the back of dominant displays against two lowly-ranked opponents in the Raiders and the Sharks, compiling an overall score-line of 98-6.

In their last four matches of the regular season the Vodafone Junior Warriors meet Newcastle away, the Sydney Roosters (fourth) and Gold Coast (14th) at home before finishing against Penrith (eighth) away.

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS

1 BRAD ABBEY

2 PAUL ULBERG

3 NATHANIEL ROACHE

4 MARATA NIUKORE

5 METIA LISATI

16 SEMISI TYRELL

7 MASON LINO (c)

8 KOUMA SAMSON

9 KURT ROBINSON

10 SAM LISONE (c)

11 TOAFOFOA SIPLEY

14 ADAM TUIMAVAVE-GERRARD

13 JAMES BELL

Interchange:

12 MICHAEL KI

15 JAZZ TEVAGA

17 IULIO AFOA

20 JOSEPH PRICE

COACH: STACEY JONES

COVERAGE:

Live coverage starts on SKY Sport 2 at 1.30pm.

https://www.warriors.co.nz/news/2014/08/17/nyc_preview_debut_for_price.html

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Thats fucking disgusting! He'll be sitting out games into the next season. Hope it wasnt intentional but he'll still get a big whack from the judiciary who'll view it as being worse than trying to break someones neck...

Reactions: 4 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

Thats fucking disgusting! He'll be sitting out games into the next season. Hope it wasnt intentional but he'll still get a big whack from the judiciary who'll view it as being worse than trying to break someones neck...
I remember seeing the aftermath live and the knights player immediately went up to the ref and said he wanted to raise a complaint and the warriors player said 'it was an accident..'. Looking at that I dont think it was

slaughterhouse.sa

He has intentionally spat out.

You cant 100% state his intention was to spit out all the blood over the player.
If so he would of done it when he was in his face.

It was probably meant to be in disrespect.

I watched the match he had been high tackled a few times by 13 and other newcastle players.
Also he noticeably had blood ...the referee should of called blood bin prior.

Obviously a young player like that...has no real comprehension regadint the possible health risks etc.

However if they rank this worse than king hits...dropping people on their head, trips

I dont agree.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
However if they rank this worse than king hits...dropping people on their head, trips

I dont agree.

Its been referred straight to the judiciary so there is no maximum length of suspension. Have a feeling they will through the book at him...

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I think with a half decent lawyer you would argue no intent, and reduced charge.

Reactions: 1 users
mode81

mode81

The blood spitting incident was the culmination of a spiteful running battle between the two 13's throughout the match.

Soon as I saw it I thought..uh oh here we go another thing for the oz media to whip a storm over.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Not the sorta shit I want our club to be known for, hard to say what a fitting punishment would be.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
YOUNG WARRIOR BANNED FOR SPITTING BLOOD
Judiciary U20s Warriors
August 21, 2014

Warriors Under 20s player James Bell has been suspended for three matches after being found guilty of spitting blood at an opponent in last Sunday’s match against the Newcastle Knights.

Bell was referred straight to the judiciary after he was hit with the contrary conduct charge on Monday for the incident which occurred in the 58th minute of the Warriors’ 40-34 loss at Hunter Stadium.

NRL judicial counsel Peter Kite successfully argued Bell’s actions were intentional and recommended that he be sidelined for six to eight weeks, however the panel decided on a three-game ban which would end his season unless the Warriors make the Holden Cup finals.

Warriors general manager football Dean Bell said the club was disappointed with the result.

“While we were given a good hearing we’re disappointed with the outcome,” he said following the hearing.

“James has been a model NYC player for us and he’ll learn from this.

“We just hope the Vodafone Junior Warriors make the finals now so he has a chance to play again this season.”

The young forward said he did not mean to hit the Knights player Joseph Boyce.

“I had no intention of hitting him. It’s the last thing I’d do in a footy game,” said Bell at the hearing.

“It was a complete accident. I was real sincere (apologising on the field) because it’s disgusting getting spit on you.”

https://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/young-warrior-banned-spitting-blood/

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I didn't get the feeling from the video that he intentionally directed it at the player. He looked to be clearing his mouth of blood, to me. If he wanted to spit on him, he had much better chances while he was directly in front. But I don't think the punishment was extreme, either. If he did it intentionally, then 8 weeks would be fair IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.