General 2014 Warriors NYC U20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thought Id start a new thread for a new season to discuss the Warriors U20 team.

Biggest change of course will be the new coach Stacey Jones who replaces John Ackland. Also this year see's the recruitment of two of Englands most promising talent in Mason Tonks and Jordan Baldwinson joining the team.

00058694 image

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I really like the style and look of the new U20s jersey, but it looks a little odd in this photo. It makes their chests all seem odd sizes.

Not sure if I will fork out this year for a jersey, but if I do, I'm torn between the Heritage and the Juniors.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1150568 773190622697194 1331022797 o

Posted in last years U20 thread. The U20's kicked off their year with a training camp run by a former SAS soldier. From everything Ive heard it was a brutal week of hell but it brought the team together. The brotherhood is strong in this team...

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Konrad looks like he might have missed the point of him being the only senior player at that training camp. He really doesn't appear to grasp it was a punishment.

surfin

surfin

Konrad looks like he might have missed the point of him being the only senior player at that training camp. He really doesn't appear to grasp it was a punishment.
Every time I've seen Konrad out and about he's grinning and meeting and greeting, Strikes me as a guy that just loves his life. Mind you I think it's a life you could find pretty easy to love.

Reactions: 1 users
PolarBob

PolarBob

Junior headshots are up over at Photosport now.
Fill in the blanks on the less well known for the forum guys, and where you think they'll fit. :)

Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Alomoti Finau
Ata Hingano
Bradley Abbey
Braxton Stanley
Bunty Afoa
Christian Mika
David Fusitua
Jacob Diaz
James Taylor
Joe Keyes
Jordan Baldwinson
Joseph Price
Katemiro Atera
Ken Maumalo
Kouma Samson
Kurt Robinson
Lafu Feagaiga
Liam Prendergast
Mason Lino
Mason Tonks
Matiu Love-Henry
Mattais Heimuli
Metia Lisati
Michael Ki
Michael Uluakiola
Nathaniel Roache
Ngataua Hukatai
Ofahiki Ogden
Paul Tuli
Paul Ulberg
Sala Faleuuamalio
Sam Lisone
Semisi Tyrell
Solomone Kata
Toafofoa Sipley
Tomasi Aoake
Tuimoala Lolohea
Viliami Kaveinga

I see another English lad, Joe Keyes, has joined Tonks and Baldwinson. Seems to be on a month's trial.

Clip of the young standoff/halfback playing for England Youth below, courtesy of LondonBroncosRL You Tube channel.

Last edited:
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

One name I have not heard much of this off season, and now I am worried since he is still eligible and not in the list above... where is David Fusitua?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
One name I have not heard much of this off season, and now I am worried since he is still eligible and not in the list above... where is David Fusitua?
Also been told he was in the 1st Grade photo that was taken earlier but from the low resolution pics its hard to say where???

PolarBob

PolarBob

He had to leave early so couldn't take a photo but he's still in the squad...
Cheers. Mt W. Have added him into the list pending an appearance inthe first grade pics. Also amended a duplicate.

Anyone else in the squad that's not listed?

Last edited:
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

Also been told he was in the 1st Grade photo that was taken earlier but from the low resolution pics its hard to say where???
Yea hard to tell, had a quick watch of that Vid on the Warriors website, and it looked like him between Lillyman and Ikahihifo.

He is still only young, but if Locke and Fish hold down first grade spots I would suspect he may play fullback or wing for the Vulcans this year.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Theres a Wigan junior who is training with the U20's at the moment. Unsure if its on a trial basis or just an exchange thing we have with our sister club but there hasn't been much said about it from the club. From what I hear he's about 17 and plays in the halves. RidingPie Kittwazzer???

Reactions: 1 user

mystix18

Thought Id start a new thread for a new season to discuss the Warriors U20 team.

Biggest change of course will be the new coach Stacey Jones who replaces John Ackland. Also this year see's the recruitment of two of Englands most promising talent in Mason Tonks and Jordan Baldwinson joining the team.

Do you know who, when and where are the 20s playing their pre season games this year

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Do you know who, when and where are the 20s playing their pre season games this year
No but its usually before each Warriors first grade game. Will post up when I get more info...

ramraider78

ramraider78

Theres a Wigan junior who is training with the U20's at the moment. Unsure if its on a trial basis or just an exchange thing we have with our sister club but there hasn't been much said about it from the club. From what I hear he's about 17 and plays in the halves. RidingPie Kittwazzer???
I heard about him a few weeks back through one of the clubs corporate sponsors, he was meant to be the 3rd 20's pom to be coming over but got here later then the rest - didn't receive media exposure. It's joe Keyes isn't it? He's not in the team photo - but has had a head shot done.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/246583-joe-keyes-on-trial-at-nz-warriors/

Defence

Defence

I've been waiting for some u20s news. I take it their threads dont appear on the main page for some reason?
Didn't realize fusitua and kata were both still eligible, that's exciting.
Fusitua looked great in the titans trial last year, I thought he would've got a run in 1st grade last year- more suited to wing or center than fullback IMO.
Kata looks like a gun too- would Jennings be a fair comparison?
Is Lino finally gonna come good- I've been pretty critical of him but keep getting told he's very young, be patient. They've invested a lot of time in him- time to deliver.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just had a funny conversation with a longtime NYC player.

The Hell Camp was absolutely brutal! Said they started training at 8pm and didn't stop carrying sand bags till 3am. Wake up call was 2 hours later at 5am! Back on the grind. Was told they walked some 130kms over 3 days.

Player is happy about Stacey Jones at the moment. Says he is a lot more approachable then Ackland who he accused of playing favourites.

Said to watch out for David Fusitua and Solomone Kata. Been training like beasts this year...

Reactions: 2 users
ramraider78

ramraider78

Just had a funny conversation with a longtime NYC player.

The Hell Camp was absolutely brutal! Said they started training at 8pm and didn't stop carrying sand bags till 3am. Wake up call was 2 hours later at 5am! Back on the grind. Was told they walked some 130kms over 3 days.

Player is happy about Stacey Jones at the moment. Says he is a lot more approachable then Ackland who he accused of playing favourites.

Said to watch out for David Fusitua and Solomone Kata. Been training like beasts this year...
I rate kata, I've seen enough to make me think he could be better then Laumape at centre TBH

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I rate kata, I've seen enough to make me think he could be better then Laumape at centre TBH
Not sure what the NYC boys say to you but the ones Ive spoken to are in awe of Solo, Dave and Albie's skill and strength. Its going to be really interesting seeing them develop this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.