General 2014 Vulcanised Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrblonde

mrblonde

NZWPNQGEFFGOFGPCBFIOEFGSMOJBGASUOPWSBPFGBCTBOLR

New Zealand Warriors Players Not Quite Good Enough For First Grade Or First Grade Players Coming Back From Injury Or Extended First Grade Squad Members Or Juniors Been Given A Step Up Or Players Who Should be Playing First Grade But Can't Travel Because Of 'Legal' Reasons.

Or perhaps I'll just use NZW Res.
NZW2014NSWCP

New Zealand Warriors 2014 NSW Cup Premiers...

Reactions: 1 user
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

So, I wonder when we will get to see whether they are going to run out in their own jersey, or wear the same as first grade.

No doubt they are keeping a whole new design under wraps so they can release it last minute and hopefully make a couple of bucks from fans desperate for a little variation and choice this year in Warriors jerseys.

ramraider78

ramraider78

The trial for the Warrior reserves was yesterday against Howick and Glenora - did anyone go? The main feedback I've heard was the Reserves looked good but need more game time together.

snake77

snake77

This article continues the positive vibe about the club this year (crosses fingers that it doesn't all turn to custard).:playful:

Love this from that article.
The Warriors club in general is going through a really exciting phase presently both on and off the park, and with the club a commercial success and the envy of many other NRL franchises, the decision to field a standalone VB NSW Cup outfit should only further push their claims of being one of the more professional outfits in the game.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

The trial for the Warrior reserves was yesterday against Howick and Glenora - did anyone go? The main feedback I've heard was the Reserves looked good but need more game time together.
Will they get much time together? With the leftover players from yesterdays Dunedin trial and the returning injured, there will be a lot of NSW Cup Warriors having serious competition for spots. Poor Jerome is going to have to find a hobby to tide him over this season.

Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
So, I wonder when we will get to see whether they are going to run out in their own jersey, or wear the same as first grade.

I hope they keep the same strip and call themselves the Auckland Warriors, personally.

MarkW

MarkW

Apparently the new strip will be unveiled soon. Well, I guess it has to aye ;)

I predict it will have the Warriors logo incorporated on it somewhere. You heard it here first!

BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/03/04/vb_nsw_cup_team_lists_round_one.html

Wentworthville Magpies Vs NZ Warriors
Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday, March 8
Kick-off: 12.00pm
Referee: Adam Gee
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via
www.steelesports.com.au) and 2GLF FM 89.3 (Link available via 893fm.com.au)

MAGPIES – 1. JUSTIN HUNT 2. KEN SIO 3. RYAN MORGAN 4. API PEWHAIRAINGI 5. BURETA FARAIMO 6. TOBY EVANS 7. CHRIS SANDOW 26. TANIELA LASALO 9. LIAM FORAN 10. DANIEL ALVARO 11. JOSEPH UALESI 12. DANIEL HARRISON 13. LORENZO MA’AFU 14. BEN JONES 15. BRENDAN SANTI 16. PAT MATAELE 18. JOSEPH MATAPUKU COACH: BRETT COOK

WARRIORS – 1. STEVE WAETFORD 2. DAVID FUSITUA 3. KONRAD HURREL 4. NGANI LAUMAPE 5. JARRED WILSON 6. BEN HENRY 7. TUIMOALA LOLOHEA 8. SAM LISONE 9. MICHAEL SIO 10. CHARLIE GUBB 11. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINRER 12. AGNATIUS PAASI 13. SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFOI 14. SILIVA HAVILI 15. UPU POCHING 16. DAVID BHANA 17. ABRAHAM PAPALII 18. JARROD TUA COACH: ROHAN SMITH

Reactions: 1 users

Juju

I know Benry played 6 for the Juniors at times - but 6 for the reserves… madness

BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

I know Benry played 6 for the Juniors at times - but 6 for the reserves… madness
It certainly raised my eyebrows! Maybe they just want him to take a lighter road back to full fitness for a few weeks. But also, with Godinet gone, who do they have available? Kata must be playing 20s this week. Huge omission from this team based on form. Although happy to see him in NYC as I will be able to watch him on tv.

Dino Velvet

Dino Velvet

It certainly raised my eyebrows! Maybe they just want him to take a lighter road back to full fitness for a few weeks. But also, with Godinet gone, who do they have available? Kata must be playing 20s this week. Huge omission from this team based on form. Although happy to see him in NYC as I will be able to watch him on tv.

Kata is injured. At least 6 weeks out with a dodgy ankle.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I would assume Elliot is feeling a little light on halves cover and is looking outside the box to find backup to get us through until Leuluai and Locke become available. I was surprised to see Mason Lino still around the club, but I would have thought he would step into the Vulcans halves if we were short, or we would play Waetford there and find another fullback.

Heres a thought. Move Benry back to second row, Waetford to 5/8th and bring Ropo back to cover fullback.

Edit: Why wouldn't we play Tui Lolohea if we need halves?

Reactions: 1 users

DANZ

I would assume Elliot is feeling a little light on halves cover and is looking outside the box to find backup to get us through until Leuluai and Locke become available. I was surprised to see Mason Lino still around the club, but I would have thought he would step into the Vulcans halves if we were short, or we would play Waetford there and find another fullback.

Heres a thought. Move Benry back to second row, Waetford to 5/8th and bring Ropo back to cover fullback.

Edit: Why wouldn't we play Tui Lolohea if we need halves?

I'd like to see Waetford dominate that fullback spot in reserve grade, if Tomkins goes down (fingers crossed that never happens) i'd rather Waetford come up to first grade than putting locke or fish back there. Is Waetford captain still?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
WARRIORS – 1. STEVE WAETFORD 2. DAVID FUSITUA 3. KONRAD HURREL 4. NGANI LAUMAPE 5. JARRED WILSON 6. BEN HENRY 7. TUIMOALA LOLOHEA 8. SAM LISONE 9. MICHAEL SIO 10. CHARLIE GUBB 11. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER 12. AGNATIUS PAASI 13. SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO 14. SILIVA HAVILI 15. UPU POCHING 16. DAVID BHANA 17. ABRAHAM PAPALII 18. JARROD TUA COACH: ROHAN SMITH

Absolutely stoked with that team. 14 of the starting 17 are direct products of the NYC system. This is exactly what Ive always wanted to see with our Reserve Grade. Particularly the promoting of players who are still eligible to play in the U20's. Great move by Elliott.

Anyone know whats so good about Jared Wilson? Looked well out of his depth against Wigan...

Reactions: 5 users

Jordan G

Locke, Leuluai, Sam Lousi, Kata missing. That would be one mean team at full strength. A back line with Fusitua, Hurrell, Kata, Laumape. Screw tackling that.

What's the word on Vete? Just didn't make it or injured?

slaughterhouse.sa

Absolutely stoked with that team. 14 of the starting 17 are direct products of the NYC system. This is exactly what Ive always wanted to see with our Reserve Grade. Particularly the promoting of players who are still eligible to play in the U20's. Great move by Elliott.

Anyone know whats so good about Jared Wilson? Looked well out of his depth against Wigan...

Agreed - I like it too - exciting times.
I am a big sam Lisone fan.

Mate - who was Wilson's centre?? Fox players.
Wilson played NSW cup last year for Windsor - so would of been rated by Penrith.
I think he played JK's as well.

Cant remember him - but with those credentials obviously a talent.

Name a junior player or Fox player who is better? Somebody available and young enough to make something of it.
The 20s dont have any prospects ready.

slaughterhouse.sa

Peyroux injured aswell?

Wasnt he charged in one of the trials?
I still dont think we will see Benry play 6 lol.

Vete not selected???? injured or overweight.
Poching is a good player - but not fulltime??

Status
Not open for further replies.