Internationals 2014 State Of Origin

Mal blaming the ruck....in other words the Reffs.

Hahaha good phucken job Silon ( battle star galactica eighties reference to the one brow )

Danpatmac

To be fair to Reynolds, he may have lost that with his penalties but hes a pretty good tackler and hes not afraid to put his body on the line. Hes a bit of an Ennis though.

His defence was abysmal, he let at least 2 tries in on his own.

NRLStats has him with 5 missed tackles… not good enough really.

Reactions: wallacenz

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Ridiculous really. Hayne was giving Sutton an ear full. Wouldnt happen in NRL but this is the NRLs blue ribbon event and the game will go on...

You wonder if they realise its becoming a showcase of the worst parts of the game, a build-up that rivals the great moments in human history followed by a game with massive home town ref bias, constant disrespect and moaning, glacial ruck speed inside the 20 or after a break, cheap shots and diving, jingoistic commentators (wally lewis blurting out “that’s a penalty”, for something the viewer can’t even see never gets old) followed by a series of laughable judiciary decisions and breathlessly reported stories about someone pushing someone else in a bar over a hat.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11290948

But if Greg Bird gets his way it will move further away from anything resembling the rest the of the sport, the money quote:

"It can't be adjudicated like a normal game. It's frustrating. If a bloke doesn't land on his head, you shouldn't get suspended."

It boggles the mind, isn’t “rise for alex” this weekend?, does anyone think the NRL will do anything about this clown openly saying that potentially career ending tackles should go unpunished in certain games?

Anyway, that’s done for another year, good job Laurie, big time goal line defence (and Cronk being crocked and Thurston being crap) probably was the difference.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
You wonder if they realise its becoming a showcase of the worst parts of the game, a build-up that rivals the great moments in human history followed by a game with massive home town ref bias, constant disrespect and moaning, glacial ruck speed inside the 20 or after a break, cheap shots and diving, jingoistic commentators (wally lewis blurting out “that’s a penalty”, for something the viewer can’t even see never gets old) followed by a series of laughable judiciary decisions and breathlessly reported stories about someone pushing someone else in a bar over a hat.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11290948

But if Greg Bird gets his way it will move further away from anything resembling the rest the of the sport, the money quote:

"It can't be adjudicated like a normal game. It's frustrating. If a bloke doesn't land on his head, you shouldn't get suspended."

It boggles the mind, isn’t “rise for alex” this weekend?, does anyone think the NRL will do anything about this clown openly saying that potentially career ending tackles should go unpunished in certain games?

Anyway, that’s done for another year, good job Laurie, big time goal line defence (and Cronk being crocked and Thurston being crap) probably was the difference.

First paragraph summed it up nicely. The Refs have to come out hard of diving and moaning first game next year. Is that going to be in Melbourne?

Qld wanted it badly and although NSW thought they did, the reality is they didnt really care in the end, once they got tired, they stopped thinking win and started thinking weve already won.

Cool word to - not one i have seen before had to look it up

Reactions: OMG and eudebrito
QLD supporters have always been sore losers, but this is just sad. Your team won the dead rubber. Acknowledge the series winners

LMAO, if QLD supporters are sore losers there needs to be a new word made up to describe NSW supporters, they are the Masters of it, Blues supporters have made an art of whining, we are just mere amateurs in comparison
There is an army of Blues journalists that write article after article with photographic evidence(LOL) to justify why their team was cheated out of winning a game or the moment that some nasty QLD player dropped a forearm or elbow, neglecting the 50 or so that their team gave out..lol too funny
The Blues out passioned QLD in the 1st 2 games and QLD played well below their limitations, last night the difference was obvious the Blues certainly have a couple of freaks but Queensland has far far more, QLD halves made NSW halves look like reserve graders.. It's great for the series
BTW Robbie Farrah is not as good as Smith as he claims,

The refs won that game didnt they

LMAO, Are you an Ozzie?? You sound like one.. Bad calls went both ways like they did in the 1st 2 games, like they do in every game..
typical Blues supporter, ya just can't find it in ya to say that some of the greatest players in the History of the game turned up to play and absolutely demolished a Blues team, that's a fact that even the mentally impaired can grasp..

Reactions: Harlz

tajhay

🏉
LMAO, if QLD supporters are sore losers there needs to be a new word made up to describe NSW supporters, they are the Masters of it, Blues supporters have made an art of whining, we are just mere amateurs in comparison
There is an army of Blues journalists that write article after article with photographic evidence(LOL) to justify why their team was cheated out of winning a game or the moment that some nasty QLD player dropped a forearm or elbow, neglecting the 50 or so that their team gave out..lol too funny
Had a look at the front page of the courier mail today?

Thought Lillyman went great. Game 3 was unfortunately a bit of a fizzer after what was served up especially in Game 1. Game 2 was marred by rough house tactics rather than football. Glad the best team over the series won. Parker was freaking phenomenal with his offloads yday though! Griffin should take note and play him in the backrow instead of masquerading him as a rotating prop.

Btw could a QLD supporter please suggest a banner name for NSW fans to be held for the next 2 weeks. Since no avatars were changed for game 2, it wont be done for the final game either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inruin

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Did have a giggle at the headline in I think it was the telegraph in sydney this morning (paraphrasing) "blue cares?- Queensland win meaningless origin game" wonder how meaningful it would have been had nsw won?

Reactions: OMG
Had a look at the front page of the courier mail today?

Thought Lillyman went great. Game 3 was unfortunately a bit of a fizzer after what was served up especially in Game 1. Game 2 was marred by rough house tactics rather than football. Glad the best team over the series won. Parker was freaking phenomenal with his offloads yday though! Griffin should take note and play him in the backrow instead of masquerading him as a rotating prop.

Btw could a QLD supporter please suggest a banner name for NSW fans to be held for the next 2 weeks. Since no avatars were changed for game 2, it wont be done for the final game either.

Game 3 was a Rugby League clinic, sustained pressure and great kicking, The Blues certainly had a couple of rough calls in the 1st, but IMO they came after questionable decisions from the video referees, I loved Fattys question at halftime that got ignored, " what's the rule on that, does anybody know?" lmao, the look on Johns face said it all..
Queensland was marching down field at will, while the Blues struggled to gain any real forward momentum..
Mal is a lucky man, certainly not the best Coach out there and I think the loyalty card is holding them back, I would have dearly loved to have seen Dylan Napa play in 1 of those games, he has Origin great written all over him..

I did go looking for the Avatar and couldn't be bothered asking, a bit more of an explanation on it pls, this is the 1st year of doing the banner thing..
it doesn't bother me if you guys have 1 straight.. Lap it up guys, you've been flogging that dead horse for so long you deserve it...:D

Reactions: Harlz

tajhay

🏉
Did have a giggle at the headline in I think it was the telegraph in sydney this morning (paraphrasing) "blue cares?- Queensland win meaningless origin game" wonder how meaningful it would have been had nsw won?
Whats the point of gloating about a battle, once you have already won the war?

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Whats the point of gloating about a battle, once you have already won the war?

Agreed I was going for NSW just find sports journalism in NSW funny sometimes- if they win it's the greatest victory EVER, and if they loose it didn't really matter. I know it happens in other places too they can just be a bit over the top sometimes. Gotta admire the passion for their teams I guess.

Reactions: tajhay
Agreed that Lillyman was excellent and I look forward to him bringing that level of quality back to our pack on Saturday. No injuries to him, Hayne or Hoffman that I saw so that is pleasing.

Reactions: tajhay
Channel Nine commentary is just about the worst commentary for League there is. Hell I was pining for a bit of Dale Husband at one stage last night.

How the hell they get away with Wally Lewis in the box cheering every Queensland half break and try as a passionate fan is beyond me, and i'm Morons!!

Commentary has to be impartial to be meaningful.

Listening to Wally Lewis call "Go you good thing" as Slater makes a break is actually bloody cringe worthy.

Channel Nine commentary is just about the worst commentary for League there is. Hell I was pining for a bit of Dale Husband at one stage last night.
How the hell they get away with Wally Lewis in the box cheering every Queensland half break and try as a passionate fan is beyond me, and i'm Morons!!
Commentary has to be impartial to be meaningful.
Listening to Wally Lewis call "Go you good thing" as Slater makes a break is actually bloody cringe worthy.

Lol. when Inglis almost scored i heard the commentators say "Go Inglis" lol.

and a fail to Ben cummings when he says "penalty to the broncos" lol. its queensland u idiot. lol