Internationals 2014 State Of Origin

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Poor useless COCKroches lol...

10367188_10154167574155377_3477937738593411593_n.jpg

Some kiwi supporters are just as bad with their " ill pick a team and then be a passionate NSW/Queensland supporter even though ive never been there and have no attachments to that state but I wanna be involved" :p
Every leaguie I know has a state of O team, and most of them also support the kiwis, ummm so what's your point.

• Sad
Reactions: matiunz
This. In the top flight I'll follow Man U - but my home team is in the division below :p

I was QLD 2004-10, but switched to NSW for 2011-Present . No ties to Aussie at all, but Origin is an amazing spectacle to watch - and sport is pretty lame when you don't care who wins the game.
Ummmmm, did you not read the fine print? You are NEVER EVER allowed to switch sides. Seriously, origin is one of those things that once you choose your team it's FOR LIFE.

i have supported the blues since day one...1980 ( silently waiting for all the smart arse remarks coming my way hahaha )

but shit im stuggling after hearing Loz saying that the same 17 that have lost the 8 series in a row should get first crack.
You can say that again, what the heck was the purpose of having the city vs country game.

1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Brett Morris
3.Michael Jennings
4.Josh Morris
5.Daniel Tupou
6.James Maloney
7.Adam Reynolds

8.Paul Gallen (c)
9.Robbie Farah
10.James Tamou
11.Boyd Cordner
12.Tony Williams
13.Luke Lewis

14.Josh Reynolds
15.Anthony Watmough
16.Jamal Idris
17.Trent Merrin

Something along those lines for me, Gallen to cover prop for Fifita, couple of debutants don't think you'll see much changes from last years squad have to try and keep the same personnel and stop chopping and changing every year. T-Rex,Idris both in good form so they return to the Origin arena, J Morris ahead of Will Hopoate etc
Yeh not bad, but whilst J Morris is the aussie centre, I'm sick of seeing inglis run riot on him so may go for Jamal.

Reactions: mode81
Yeh not bad, but whilst J Morris is the aussie centre, I'm sick of seeing inglis run riot on him so may go for Jamal.

Too right Inglis is just totally dominant at Origin level no matter who you stick in front of him, he's a freak in that arena.

Josh Morris played at the World Cup, played the Anzac test and been in top club form so I expect him to be chosen but Idris would be ideal to counter G.I..

Man for man big Jamal is more then a match in terms of physicality but if G.I gets in open space Jamal won't get near him.

Love the Kiwis and Warriors with a passion but also was brought up watching State Of Origin, the image of Mark Geyer facing off with the King Wally Lewis will forever be etched in my memory.

Having been to Origin in person last year at ANZ stadium it surpassed all my expectations in every way, it is the be all end all of rugby league for Australians and fair enough too it's what gives the game of league worldwide credibility for that moment in time every year, would have regretted not seeing the great Queensland dynasty.

I've tried, but don't know what this sentence means.

Ill break it down for you

Origin is an Australian concept by playing it your locked into playing for Australia. If you play for a team in the NBA or EPL you are not locked into playing for the states or for england stupid comparison to say that supporting an origin team is no different to supporting an NBA or EPL team.
If you play for the Thunder you can rep New Zealand, Spain anywhere that you originate from. Same with the EPL.
If you want to play origin you have to play for Australia you cant play for New Zealand, Tonga or fiji etc. Origin is a Australian concept played by Australians for Australians.\

By New Zealanders buying into the concept of this origin we are admitting it is the pinnicle of the game therefore this is why origin is killing international footy, due to marketing and hype.

macker

Take away the packed stadiums, and the hysterical commentators, and origin is just a big Aussie wank fest, where they spooge all over each other for 80 mins.

They're usually some of the most grinding, low scoring games of the year.

Due to the non-origin nature of the eligibility rules, Queensland have now won 8 straight. How well do NSW do if GI plays for them instead (for only one player as an example)?

And Wednesday night is just plane stupid.

It fucks up the whole mid season of the NRL comp. It's fucking up the international comp. It's just shit house.

Go the Blues.:sperm:

Reactions: ACT Warrior

Danpatmac

Ill break it down for you

Origin is an Australian concept by playing it your locked into playing for Australia. If you play for a team in the NBA or EPL you are not locked into playing for the states or for england stupid comparison to say that supporting an origin team is no different to supporting an NBA or EPL team.
If you play for the Thunder you can rep New Zealand, Spain anywhere that you originate from. Same with the EPL.
If you want to play origin you have to play for Australia you cant play for New Zealand, Tonga or fiji etc. Origin is a Australian concept played by Australians for Australians.\

By New Zealanders buying into the concept of this origin we are admitting it is the pinnicle of the game therefore this is why origin is killing international footy, due to marketing and hype.

I was more concerned with your lack of punctuation, making your point unreadable.

You seem to think that people should care that only Australians can play in it. They don't.

There is nothing stupid in the slightest about the comparison.
I watch it because it is rugby league played at an extremely high level and because I'm a rugby league fan. Exactly the same reason I watch any other sport.

I support Queensland because my cousin from Brisbane introduced me to the game 27yrs ago and the quality of the sport hooked me... i don't care who can play for who etc.
I don't support the Warriors because anyone can play for them, I don't support QLD because only QLDrs (and kiwis, png and island players too) and i don't support Celtic FC because they have irish heritage as a club.
I support each team because of my own reasons and the idea that I shouldn't because of who can and cannot play for those teams is nonsensical.

I was more concerned with your lack of punctuation, making your point unreadable.

You seem to think that people should care that only Australians can play in it. They don't.

I watch it because it is rugby league played at an extremely high level and because I'm a rugby league fan. Exactly the same reason I watch any other sport.

I support Queensland because my cousin from Brisbane introduced me to the game 27yrs ago and the quality of the sport hooked me... i don't care who can play for who etc.
I don't support the Warriors because anyone can play for them, I don't support QLD because only QLDrs (and kiwis, png and island players too) and i don't support Celtic FC because they have irish heritage as a club.
I support each team because of my own reasons and the idea that I shouldn't because of who can and cannot play for those teams is nonsensical.

Was with you til you said Celtic.

There is you comparing supporting a team that to play for you have to have allegience with one country to playing for another team where you can rep where ever your from.

Families your influence, i got family in Brisbane to, hell i grew up in north queensland and am an Australian citizen and have no allegience to queensland.

Yes Im going to watch it, it is a great game to watch, but im not going to go out of my way to watch it, im not going to sulk if i miss it. Im not going to buy into the whole cockroach canetoad, origin is the pinnicle.

Just say we agree to disagree

I dont get why New Zealanders with no affiliation support Queensland or New South Wales especially ones who have never left the country

Id much rather watch a game between these teams

1. Locke 1. Hiku
2. Fish/Perret 2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Matai 3. Whare
4. Krisnan Inu 4. Hurrell
5. Manu 5. Hoffman
6. Foran 6. Marshall
7. Johnson 7. Johns
8. Bromwich 8. JWH
9. T.L 9. Luke
10. Kasiano 10. Moa
11. Taumalolo 11. Matulino
12. Manu Mau 12. Proctor
13. FPN 13. Mannering
14. Henry 14. Harris
15. Tapau 15. Mckendry
16. Matagi 16. Rapira
17. Havili 17. Blair

Just off the top of my head not as great on paper but with the nz born talent in the u20s and this as an actual option i cannot see why this cant rival origin as a quality game that kiwis and islanders could relate to.

The high standard and skill of the players involved in Origin is unbelievable, the players showcase the game in all it's glory,it's undeniable.

If you don't watch Origin there's something dead inside you haha, you can be as patriotic as you like for your country and club but as a leaguie I always have and always will watch Origin, it's like a soap opera on the field, you never know what's gonna happen and that's part of the anticipation and excitement.

I don't have an allegiance to any state but I admire the skill and toughness of the participants, there's nothing I like more then watching ozzys smack the living snot out of eachother.

I understand all the rumblings about International league and that needs more care and attention but that should have been sorted years ago, it's not Origin's fault that it's become massively popular, let's not forget people said at the start the Origin concept wouldn't work, how badly wrong they were, now it's the biggest thing in the game.