Internationals 2014 State Of Origin

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Origin dates revealed for 2014
By Matt Encarnacion
NRL.com
11:30am Mon 02nd December, 2013
awww.nrl.com_Portals_NRL_images_35_35264_20_1.jpg

Will Queensland's reign of State of Origin dominance continue in 2014?

The structure of the State of Origin series remains unchanged, with the NRL maintaining the three-week break between games for next year.

For the first time since 2011, two games will be held in Queensland in next year's series. Game I will be played in Brisbane on May 28, Game II in Sydney on June 18, before the series returns to Brisbane for Game III on July 9.

While there has been much debate over the scheduling of the Origin concept, the NRL has instead focused on ensuring its marquee games will not clash with rounds where clubs are without their representative stars.

"We obviously try to place byes strategically through that particular area of the season to help compensate teams that are heavily affected by State of Origin and its impact on clubs," NRL general manager of football operations Nathan McGuirk said.

"So we obviously also try and reserve marquee events or match-ups from our stand down Origin rounds when our superstars aren't playing and reserve those for rounds outside that time period."

The representative weekend will fall on the weekend of May 2-4, with the traditional mid-year Test between Australia and New Zealand played on the Friday night.

The City-Country fixture is returning to Apex Oval, Dubbo, where Country ran out 12-10 winners in 2006.

Origin dates revealed for 2014 - NRL.com

GO THE Morons!!! 9 in a row...

I would love to see International League revamped.

Forget all this crap about a Kiwi Origin, If Australia wants to have their State of Origin, we should be playing test matches against England at the same time.

Origin could keep its Wednesday slot because of ratings.

I'd love to see the NRL take a break for four weeks which would see:

Origin on 3 consecutive Wednesdays.

Kiwis v England on 3 consecutive Saturdays.

And Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, and PNG play a three week Pacific Nations cup. Each team would play each other once culminating in a victor by wins or points dif.

It's radical, I know but all I can think about after the England Semi Final and the Kanagroos final is that we need to be playing more and more international league.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Chris McQueen
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
14. Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Ben Te’o
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman
18. Josh Papalii

Thaiday may be injured so Lillyman in to cover...

Reactions: Weno

macker

or·i·gin (ôr′ə-jĭn, ŏr′-)n.
1. The point at which something comes into existence or from which it derives or is derived.
2. Ancestry: "We cannot escape our origins, however hard we try".

Unless your James Tamo. In which case you just pick a team, sign the contract and collect your hundy g's for three games... Booyaa suckers.....

"State of Team-I-Want-To-Play-For" doesn't have the same ring to it now does it.

• Haha
Reactions: Warriorholic

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
or·i·gin (ôr′ə-jĭn, ŏr′-)n.
1. The point at which something comes into existence or from which it derives or is derived.
2. Ancestry: "We cannot escape our origins, however hard we try".

Unless your James Tamo. In which case you just pick a team, sign the contract and collect your hundy g's for three games... Booyaa suckers.....

"State of Team-I-Want-To-Play-For" doesn't have the same ring to it now does it.

Some kiwi supporters are just as bad with their " ill pick a team and then be a passionate NSW/Queensland supporter even though ive never been there and have no attachments to that state but I wanna be involved" :p

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Some kiwi supporters are just as bad with their " ill pick a team and then be a passionate NSW/Queensland supporter even though ive never been there and have no attachments to that state but I wanna be involved" :p

So your saying i shouldnt support any sporting team that i havent got a blood link to ?

Reactions: TerryG
i have supported the blues since day one...1980 ( silently waiting for all the smart arse remarks coming my way hahaha )

but shit im stuggling after hearing Loz saying that the same 17 that have lost the 8 series in a row should get first crack.

Reactions: TerryG and Timothy
1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Brett Morris
3.Michael Jennings
4.Josh Morris
5.Daniel Tupou
6.James Maloney
7.Adam Reynolds

8.Paul Gallen (c)
9.Robbie Farah
10.James Tamou
11.Boyd Cordner
12.Tony Williams
13.Luke Lewis

14.Josh Reynolds
15.Anthony Watmough
16.Jamal Idris
17.Trent Merrin

Something along those lines for me, Gallen to cover prop for Fifita, couple of debutants don't think you'll see much changes from last years squad have to try and keep the same personnel and stop chopping and changing every year. T-Rex,Idris both in good form so they return to the Origin arena, J Morris ahead of Will Hopoate etc

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
So your saying i shouldnt support any sporting team that i havent got a blood link to ?

No not saying that at all (never mentioned blood)but to me state of origin is still (can be a fine line sometimes) a representative competition for NSW/QLD (much the same as say Aus vs NZ). Some people who are not from NSW/QLD nor have any family/never been there/dont know a thing about the state get excessively passionate about it and to me (and its just my opinion) it comes across as hollow, especially all the chestbeating that goes on.

I understand origin is the pinacle of league and its more enjoyable when your backing a team it just amuses me how many plastic proud NSW/QLD kiwis come out of the woodwork only to turn back to slagging Aussie the minute origin is over.

Again this is not a slight on people that enjoy origin I just find the shifting alliances amusing, especially when it is followed by an uproar of a kiwi choosing to play origin.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
No not saying that at all (never mentioned blood)but to me state of origin is still (can be a fine line sometimes) a representative competition for NSW/QLD (much the same as say Aus vs NZ). Some people who are not from NSW/QLD nor have any family/never been there/dont know a thing about the state get excessively passionate about it and to me (and its just my opinion) it comes across as hollow, especially all the chestbeating that goes on.

I understand origin is the pinacle of league and its more enjoyable when your backing a team it just amuses me how many plastic proud NSW/QLD kiwis come out of the woodwork only to turn back to slagging Aussie the minute origin is over.

Again this is not a slight on people that enjoy origin I just find the shifting alliances amusing, especially when it is followed by an uproar of a kiwi choosing to play origin.

Well said, do enjoy watching the games, the intensity of the games is too impressive to ignore it, and to make it more enjoyable its best to have a rooting interest, even if you have to manufacture it somewhat.

First choose sides for QLD when they were chronic underdogs, 10 years ago or thereabouts, but after every series win its gets a bit harder to care about them, supporting billy the cheat for even three games a year, its not ideal. Fortunately watching Paul Gallen lose never gets old.

I would love to see International League revamped.

Forget all this crap about a Kiwi Origin, If Australia wants to have their State of Origin, we should be playing test matches against England at the same time.

Origin could keep its Wednesday slot because of ratings.

I'd love to see the NRL take a break for four weeks which would see:

Origin on 3 consecutive Wednesdays.

Kiwis v England on 3 consecutive Saturdays.

And Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, and PNG play a three week Pacific Nations cup. Each team would play each other once culminating in a victor by wins or points dif.

It's radical, I know but all I can think about after the England Semi Final and the Kanagroos final is that we need to be playing more and more international league.

Awesome plan....what if the winners of the Kiwi/England series played the winner of the Island series to finish up?

Reactions: Jah
Supporting an origin team is no different to following an english football, nba or nfl team

This. In the top flight I'll follow Man U - but my home team is in the division below :p

Origin who cares the im a new zealander not a queenslander or a new south welshman

I was QLD 2004-10, but switched to NSW for 2011-Present . No ties to Aussie at all, but Origin is an amazing spectacle to watch - and sport is pretty lame when you don't care who wins the game.

I like origin have been watching it for a long time but now you start picking people that have played international footy for other countries and it becomes a joke its not origin anymore its who QLD or NSW can lure away from there native country to help there state win.

Reactions: Defence and koolkat
This. In the top flight I'll follow Man U - but my home team is in the division below :p

I was QLD 2004-10, but switched to NSW for 2011-Present . No ties to Aussie at all, but Origin is an amazing spectacle to watch - and sport is pretty lame when you don't care who wins the game.

I was brought up in queensland from 94-03 and I dont care bout state of origin