Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

85% picked that we would win this game (poll). They were tested from all angles and withstood the challenge. They showed true grit and an intelligence and control (not 100% but good enough) that is lacking in our first grade squad. I found 5 decisions that went against us and there were plenty of other fifty-fifties. To the video ref and the television coverage (host broadcaster) not showing the trophy presentation, you should be appalled at your disrespect that was displayed to its utmost filth. Stacey Jones has built this team around defence. I am convinced he has been a great mentor for these boys. His true challenge awaits with the reserves next season. Has he won two titles from two seasons of coaching? Pirates in his first year??

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

If it wasn't for "the hippies", Byron would not be Byron. It's the alternative nature of the place, the result of "the hippies" having been there and it still attracting more, that make it what it is today and enable people such as Todd Carney and all the rest feel they can be here and just be one of the crowd in its laid back vibe.

Just having g a laugh- u hippies are so touchy...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

slaughterhouse.sa

Geezuss that was stressful my heart was pounding like my life was going to end. Thank goodness the fitness guy has gone because there was not one of our guys who wasn't blowing. But we won so take that NRL officials you tried so hard to get Broncos up but you failed.

These guys were playing in the hottest GF every I seen online.
They lost their only hooker - fitness wasnt the issue - bad calls & a few bad mistakes made it worse.

We only played with 12 players in the 2nd half, you can't count Abbey as playing that half.

He was playing with an injury & was quite.
But Sam Lsione was quite too - but that doesnt stop him being the best players in the team etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

No doubt he's a talent but it doesn't matter what age he is, the only requirement is that your not 21. He will improve no doubt but let's be honest he was kaka in the 2nd half.
Not arguing that. However he's been outstanding all year. Don't let one half from a 17 year high school kid be the end evaluation. To borrow an Americanism, he has a huge upside.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
surfin

surfin

Hey, guess what, fellahs?

*** THE NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS WON THE GRAND FINAL WITHOUT ANY AUSSIE IMPORTS ***

"They'll never win anything with just the bro's."

Er...they just have. Under-20's or not, it makes no matter. This afternoon, that theory was shot to pieces

That is true about the 20's unfortunately the first grade team have never won with or without any Aussie imports, and as much as I am stoked with the juniors record I would trade it all for a big boys premiership.

Horriors2014

Horriors2014

He's got plenty of talent, but it takes more than talent to be an NRL fullback.

You know you can go through life noticing all the imperfections and disregarding the beauty.

Nobody said he will be fg tomorrow. But we can bask in the pleasure of knowing we produce a lot of kids better than the Aussies. We're working on converting that to fg. It's a long, frustrating journey. But one worth taking.

We could give up and be just another band wagon All Black supporter. In a sport where the ABs get a leg up from the govt, Queen and country. But it's easy to support the team that always wins.

Our club has to battle Aussie, the longest travel itinerary, refs, the council. The nzrl operate out of a little office.

Reactions: 8 users

Buck777

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Far Away Fan

That is true about the 20's unfortunately the first grade team have never won with or without any Aussie imports, and as much as I am stoked with the juniors record I would trade it all for a big boys premiership.

The First Grade team when it's been in a Grand Final and, well, basically all the time has had Aussie imports, right?

So, and only with regard to us having Aussie imports in the team, is the reason we lost at Grand Final:

a. We didn't have the right Aussie imports?
b. We didn't have enough Aussie imports?
c. We didn't need them at all and could have won without having them.

I've read posts to the effect of (a) and (b) so many bloody times it isn't true.

The under-20s have demonstrated today, as clearly as they possibly can, that (c) is the correct answer.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Just caught up with the replay, good on the boys, defence was really good in the heat, with a neutral video ref it wouldn't have been close.

Also makes a mockery of the travel excuses that are put out there for the first grade team

surfin

surfin

The First Grade team when it's been in a Grand Final and, well, basically all the time has had Aussie imports, right?

So, and only with regard to us having Aussie imports in the team, is the reason we lost at Grand Final:

a. We didn't have the right Aussie imports?
b. We didn't have enough Aussie imports?
c. We didn't need them at all and could have won without having them.

I've read posts to the effect of (a) and (b) so many bloody times it isn't true.

The under-20s have demonstrated today, as clearly as they possibly can, that (c) is the correct answer.

I'd argue you need Kiwis and Aussies, as proven by the teams that have actually won the GF the last 20 years in all grades.

Jordan G

Lisone should make first grade for his interview skills alone.

"We gave them a sniff and they came back into the game but full credit to my boys, we do the most travelling and we've been here five weeks straight," Lisone said. "We're taking the trophy back home where it belongs."

Reactions: 6 users

Jordan G

He definitely is, and it's really good to see a kid who is willing to talk it up, and still go out there and back it up. We don't get a lot of those.

A year in NSW Cup would do him a lot of good, although I can see him pushing first grade if we suffer some injuries. He came back from NSW Cup and dominated NYC, now he has a chance to step it up even further. Big future if he wants it bad enough.

OMG

OMG

He definitely is, and it's really good to see a kid who is willing to talk it up, and still go out there and back it up. We don't get a lot of those.

A year in NSW Cup would do him a lot of good, although I can see him pushing first grade if we suffer some injuries. He came back from NSW Cup and dominated NYC, now he has a chance to step it up even further. Big future if he wants it bad enough.

Could every one please stop with the big wraps, it's like the jinx of all jinxs around here when one of the 20s Props gets crushed on...o_O

Jordan G

He could be injury cover, but would benefit from a year in NSW Cup is hardly 'big wraps".

He's dominated NYC, that's simple observation. Now he has the chance to do likewise in NSW Cup and earn his promotion into first grade when the time comes. If he doesn't kick on it won't be because of a magical fan jinx.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Article from Stuff below. Interesting how the pre-season boot camp had an impact to the point of being able to change the team's mindset at such a crucial moment. Does this mean we'll finally see the main team do something similar?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/10581872/Junior-Warriors-survive-to-win-Holden-Cup

As a seemingly perilous bid for an unprecedented third premiership reached a dramatic conclusion on NRL grand final day, memories of an army-style pre-season boot camp on the sands south-west of Auckland came flooding back for the Junior Warriors.

The Holden Cup decider was certainly no day at the beach for a Warriors side depleted by injury yesterday - but they overcame adversity at ANZ Stadium, defying a fast-finishing Brisbane Broncos to complete a historic title-winning campaign with a 34-32 victory.

Leading by 28 points with 27 minutes remaining - the Warriors eventually clung on to become the first team to secure the title from outside a top four berth in the finals series.

The Warriors needed a last-minute draw at Penrith to even qualify eighth and from the moment Mason Lino converted from the sideline on September 7, first-year coach Stacey Jones was confident the club's next generation was capable of matching the deeds of their predecessors in 2010-11.

Ultimately they exceeded those achievements as defence eventually replaced attack - after Solomone Kata recorded the first hattrick in a under-20s grand final - as the means of reaching the podium.

The concession of five unanswered tries suggested the Warriors were bound for runners-up status for a second successive year.

But a resolute defensive performance, and a missed conversion from birthday boy Jayden Nikorima 53 seconds shy of possible golden point extra tim, capped a remarkable month that also featured a season-prolonging two-try burst in the dying stages of last weekend's preliminary final with Parramatta.

Centre Nathaniel Roache provided an insight into a frantic final 10 minutes, where the Warriors defended four consecutive sets before Nikorima crossed and joy turned to despair as his conversion drifted right.

"Something that was called out during the defence was 'Camp Hell'," said Roache, referring to a two-day camp where former SAS trainer Scott Cottier challenged the squad physically and psychologically at Clarks Beach.

"That was a dark place we went to for a weekend. It was pretty much exactly the same out there.

"It was a tough time, and if we could go through that we could get through the last few minutes.

"We knew once that was called we knew we had to dig deep. We were shouting it to each other. It was the first time we needed to use it. We were under the pump."

Roache typified the adaptability of a squad disrupted by call-ups to the NRL and when reserve grade when hooker Kurt Robinson was knocked senseless in the 18th minute, the first-year centre slotted into dummy half.

"When I saw him get injured I was a bit nervous but I had to do my part for the team," the 18-year-old shrugged.

Robinson admitted he was despondent once he regained his bearings on the sideline.

"One of the worst feelings not being able to help your teammates out. It was pretty tough emotionally," he said.
"It was nail-biting. I'm just proud of the boys that they could hold on. All our training's paid off. I'm really proud to call these boys my brothers."

Had Robinson not failed a concussion test, co-captain and playmaker Mason Lino would have retreated after dislocating his right shoulder seven minutes before his hooker was guided to the sheds by medical staff.

"I knew I couldn't come off after that, it's alright, it (the shoulder), it went back on," said France-bound Lino, who was inspirational alongside side five-eighth Tuimoala Lolohea.

Jones, 12 years after scoring one of the greatest individual tries in grand final history against the Sydney Roosters, praised the collective effort of a group responsible for a capping the most unlikely resurgence in the competition's seven-year history.

"I know they crossed our line at the end, but the amount of pressure we were under .... we didn't touch the ball for 15 minutes. To hang on, is just a great achievement for this team."

Reactions: 3 users

facefacts

You know you can go through life noticing all the imperfections and disregarding the beauty.

Nobody said he will be fg tomorrow. But we can bask in the pleasure of knowing we produce a lot of kids better than the Aussies. We're working on converting that to fg. It's a long, frustrating journey. But one worth taking.

We could give up and be just another band wagon All Black supporter. In a sport where the ABs get a leg up from the govt, Queen and country. But it's easy to support the team that always wins.

Our club has to battle Aussie, the longest travel itinerary, refs, the council. The nzrl operate out of a little office.

Wow poor me much...the Warriors have a whole country for a catchment area, some Sydney clubs have a few square miles...and nobody said he wouldnt be a first grade player, just that theres more to a position like fullback than flashy moves.

The Warriors aren't battling Australia, Australia want the Warriors to succeed...it's that "everyone is against us" attitude that is the real weakness.

Disregarding the beauty? there may be some other web sites out there you would also be interested ino_O

snake77

snake77

it's that "everyone is against us" attitude that is the real weakness.
From a fans put of view with the complaining about the refs calls and the NRL being against us yest. But from a players or coaching point of view every club tries and embraces an us against them mentality.

Manly and the Bulldogs try and build that with any chance they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.