General 2014 Auckland Rugby League Competition

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Paki Afu gave us a hard time during that game toko, it's early but he's got to have a look in at counties this year - big unit.
Was it someone wearing #6 who was playing around centre? Or #8? Got a killer step and made some clean breaks. Looked young too. Think the difference was not only did you's play for the full 80 but you guys were also fitter and playing for each other. Your line was set on attack right up to the final whistle where Oats were only getting in formation by the 3rd or 4th tackle.

Sione Feao is a good player but doesnt have the focus to really get his game to the next level. Not the best trainer. If he put his head down he would make that leap but the clocks ticking. Use it or lose it. He only needs to look at how James Blackwell squandered his chance by drinking and stuff...

Reactions: 1 user
ramraider78

ramraider78

All the best Richmond - you deserve it after being screwed around by pirates!
https://www.richmondroversrugbyleague.com/news/richmond-club-announcement
That club statement is wrong, they have to take some shit over that, I heard the committee pushed the coach out,after he turned to Perenara as a coaching mentor, then they did a 360 on him 3 weeks after Perenara came on board. From what I hear the committee are panicking because of the losses. I hear it's very divided over there right now and TBH that's ruthless to sack your coach this early, and it's not even the end of round 1 lol I knew the former coach and he was a good guy.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
All the best Richmond - you deserve it after being screwed around by pirates!
https://www.richmondroversrugbyleague.com/news/richmond-club-announcement

Richmond will get relegated and good job. They had an awesome opportunity to gain some great former players who wanted to come and help the club out but they decided to stay loyal to the team that got them out of the Sharman. While thats commendable its also foolish as even the step up from the Sharman to the Fox is different ball game. They have no place in the Fox this season and will hopefully learn their lesson for the next time they get back in...

ramraider78

ramraider78

Who are you? I have many friends in Richmond both on the committee and members and players at the club who totally endorse this statement. 'I heard that committee ..' is just gossip.
Yes and I have family and friends there as well,
Who are you? I have many friends in Richmond both on the committee and members and players at the club who totally endorse this statement. 'I heard that committee ..' is just gossip.
And I have family and friends with that club as well and who go back a long way in grey lynn - who have all come out and are pointing the finger at the committee, just read the Richmond premiers FB page ,a few richmond family names in there rubbishing the decision; I spoke to a few Richmond members at our grounds yesterday, they were shocked by the turn of events. They should of seen the season out with Ming. The coach isn't the one missing tackles or dropping the ball.

It's Fox footy Buck not NRL - ME was cake from the start, the richmond coach was from there ,loyal to the club not an outsider, wins the shaman in the 100 year celebration and moved out before the end of the 1st round. They don't have the roster to start with and neither does our Fox team this year but we are staying loyal to our coach after some heavy losses to the $ clubs lol

slaughterhouse.sa

U

yep - can't disagree with you. Split a few families with junior not coming back to the rovers. I understand both sides. If I'm a junior and Stacy is waving the golden ticket then I have no choice - the pool of great players is way bigger than those selected for NRL stardom. I also know mums and dads who bleed Moron and blue and did the hard yards getting junior to where he is. I think Richmond have done what they needed to do. The glimmer of hope ( very faint ) is a coaching change now - or a change of tactics. Heck the warriors just did it, why can't Richmond

Ramraider has a right to complain - they had players actually head hunted.
Richmond on the other hand - have these Richmond juniors that havent played for them in years. Cant blame any other club for that.
What players left Richmond? Tof Sipley - who should be playing in NYC every week.
Many "Richmond players"

I dont like PT Chev at all so not biased. Dont hate them as much as the Lions but if they keep on winning i might lol

Richmond have done a good job in setting up their club - juniors doing better, less debt good vibe - but they got it wrong either the coach or the club re: getting a squad.
I heard they were playing Jason Tavita at centre lol - he ight be old but he would easily be the best half surely.

slaughterhouse.sa

Richmond will get relegated and good job. They had an awesome opportunity to gain some great former players who wanted to come and help the club out but they decided to stay loyal to the team that got them out of the Sharman. While thats commendable its also foolish as even the step up from the Sharman to the Fox is different ball game. They have no place in the Fox this season and will hopefully learn their lesson for the next time they get back in...

Pretty much wraps up Richmond - what former Richmond players did they try and recruit? None

slaughterhouse.sa

That's rubbish mate. There were 3 players playing for Pt Chev that they wanted back and didn't get, Pt Chev paid 21K transfer for them. But I've said this before and you don't believe it so we go round in circles. If those players had gone back - who knows where Richmond would be. Stacy is manipulating the fox.
Go ahead - get twisted about it but I am not alone in what I say. I give a damn about the future of club league in Auckland - and go back three generations of playing reffing coaching supporting. This is just puppet clubs playing the tune. If you are a toons fella in Richmond or any sharmen team you have no chance unless his highness Stacy jones or dean bell give a royal nod. Stuff them. League was around before them. Not happy with the scene at all, and what's happening at Richmond is a symptom of the disease

Stop going around in circle - How about you name them?
3 players - they wanted to go back. Well obviously the players didnt want to go back

Unless the evil stacy jones or Pt Chev forced them to play for the pirates

I can safely assume you are from Mt Albert - because you seem fixated on blaming/hating on stacey jones
L love club footy, especially youngsters dont care what club - Jones has been a breathe of fresh air. Love the young team they have.
Less egos - more long term potential.

How can you attribute the Warriors to the state of the Fox.
While the rise of the Winfield Cup led toward the death of the Fox (probably more the Lion Red Cup/Bartercard)

The Rise of NYC and even the establishment of a Warriors NSW Cup side has benefitted the fox.
NYC pushes young players and gives them opportunities and now clubs dont lose players to the Vulcans every week.

Im dealing with Fact - Richmond did a terrible job of putting together a Fox squad.
They read too much into their Sharman Cup side winning an average competition.

Teams like Richmond and Manurewa are sharman because they dont have the right setup.
They have good juniors and great potential but dont have enough idea about w/ hat required to be a Fox club.

Recruitment / Retention is vital. If you are from Mt Albert you should know that.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ARL ROUND 9
FOX MEMORIAL
Fox Rnd 9

Fox Rnd 9 ladder

SHARMAN CUP
Sharman Rnd 9

Sharman Rnd 9 Ladder

Both the Fox Memorial and the Sharman Cup had bye week last week.

Great to see the Mangere East Hawks take down the Howick Hornets. Young development vs a paid up bought team lol. Love it. Must have been quite the celebration after ramraider78 ? Great result for the team dox...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The Battle of the Wallets between the Pt Chev Pirates and Mt Albert Lions was for the Roope Rooster. Pt Chev came out on top 34-28...

10373791 329816100502876 2917697628759388156 n

10431526 329816107169542 5488234583486237325 n

Former Warriors players, and now Pirates, Tevita Latu and Malo Solomona celebrating the win...
10330451 638366456258360 6890835075075889209 n

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Phelan Shield had no byes. Heres the results from the week before and this week as well the current ladder...

ARL ROUND 11
PHELAN SHIELD
Phelan Rnd 11

ARL ROUND 12
PHELAN SHIELD
Phelan Rnd 12

Phelan Rnd 12 Ladder

ramraider78

ramraider78

Both the Fox Memorial and the Sharman Cup had bye week last week.

Great to see the Mangere East Hawks take down the Howick Hornets. Young development vs a paid up bought team lol. Love it. Must have been quite the celebration after ramraider78 ? Great result for the team dox...
HAHA Yeah it was a great win; 18 - 8 to us at half time, Howick rent a team Hornets does the big come back 15 minutes to go 30 - 18 to them , we run in 2 x converted tries , then got the droppy to win 3 minutes out from showers - you live for those games; All the EX - Hawks over there were useless, there families came up with excuses after the game, got told they were worried before the game about getting hit :D . Had to laugh both No 7's had a scrap and got binned late in the 1st half. Our prem 1st gave them the touch up as well 46-16, they have nothing coming through TBH buying in players and making promises only option they got for the immediate future IMO. Keep throwing that 50k - 60k away every year lol.

Got ugly after the match, in there club rooms and out on the fields, TBH toko they were sore losers. Some of there players wouldn't shake hands after the game and talked smack into hosting and that went for there supporters in there club rooms. That's local league for you haha.

From what I have seen of the counties clubs so far, for the national comp this year, we could struggle again to beat Akarana, the selectors have to canvas all the counties clubs both Fox an Shaman IMO for the best talent, then go for the known names because some of them have been cake so far.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Game pics ripped from the Howick rent a team Hornets FB page...

10381982 645314475544626 8717604879057059206 n
10371427 645315795544494 5653257524877575278 n
10427359 645314935544580 7547237872207748338 n
10402889 645315032211237 4549794141714243439 n

slaughterhouse.sa

HAHA Yeah it was a great win; 18 - 8 to us at half time, Howick rent a team Hornets does the big come back 15 minutes to go 30 - 18prems to them , we run in 2 x converted tries , then got the droppy to win 3 minutes out from showers - you live for those games; All the EX - Hawks over there were useless, there families came up with excuses after the game, got told they were worried before the game about getting hit :D . Had to laugh both No 7's had a scrap and got binned late in the 1st half. Our prem 1st gave them the touch up as well 46-16, they have nothing coming through TBH buying in players and making promises only option they got for the immediate future IMO. Keep throwing that 50k - 60k away every year lol.

Got ugly after the match, in there club rooms and out on the fields, TBH toko they were sore losers. Some of there players wouldn't shake hands after the game and talked smack into hosting and that went for there supporters in there club rooms. That's local league for you haha.

From what I have seen of the counties clubs so far, for the national comp this year, we could struggle again to beat Akarana, the selectors have to canvas all the counties clubs both Fox an Shaman IMO for the best talent, then go for the known names because some of them have been cake so far.

Pretty crack up alright - doesnt matter club you are at? Mangere Crowds can be pretty hostile lol.
Even clubs like Lions are arrogant crowd sometimes.
I guess Malu had a crap game then? Good quality but still a bit flaky.
Hornets dont have enough quality forwards imo - all forwards are old guys.
Only guy thats any good is the white guy Howard (old) & that skinny white backrower.
Tuia is good on his day.

If hornets throw 50-60k - probably 25% on their player-coach - imagine what the Pirates, Lions and Sea-Eagles throw away.
Sea-Eagles vs Hawks next week aint it. Hopefully that is on tv lol.

Havent seen any HAwks game yet this year? Who are the top players this year?
Look forward to watching Maori television - it must start soon.

Counties will go alright imo - hopefully a new coach/selectors.
Cant pick a dumb team like they have in recent years - pick an actual footy team.

Leopards have been biggest dissapointment so far - they have a decent team on paper.

Sharman Quality is crap at the moment.

ramraider78

ramraider78

Pretty crack up alright - doesnt matter club you are at? Mangere Crowds can be pretty hostile lol.
Even clubs like Lions are arrogant crowd sometimes.
I guess Malu had a crap game then? Good quality but still a bit flaky.
Hornets dont have enough quality forwards imo - all forwards are old guys.
Only guy thats any good is the white guy Howard (old) & that skinny white backrower.
Tuia is good on his day.

If hornets throw 50-60k - probably 25% on their player-coach - imagine what the Pirates, Lions and Sea-Eagles throw away.
Sea-Eagles vs Hawks next week aint it. Hopefully that is on tv lol.

Havent seen any HAwks game yet this year? Who are the top players this year?
Look forward to watching Maori television - it must start soon.

Counties will go alright imo - hopefully a new coach/selectors.
Cant pick a dumb team like they have in recent years - pick an actual footy team.

Leopards have been biggest dissapointment so far - they have a decent team on paper.

Sharman Quality is crap at the moment.
Malu did nothing really, some of his team mates bagged him out loud after the game for missing there kicks; I heard he has been at the Warriors NSW cup trainings, don't know what for though but TBH he looked heavy out there on Saturday, we all noticed he was a little bit slower then usual. We banged Aiden clean 2nd hit up of the game on his ass, he never recovered really same goes for Tony, Snell (2nd row) IMO was there best forward he played both ways well and made meters. There halves go missing to much, both can't tackle, and there game hasn't changed - reason why we dropped Hotene last year to reserves.

The miracle man coach didn't get them out of jail, if anything he had a few shocking moments for a player of his class. Still he's a class player but player coach isn't working IMO the boat is rocking over there for the EX Hawks players lol Some of those juniors that left were just average really, they are starting to be found out. They dropped our 2013 hooker after a few games - lol I told him he won't get past Jethro Friend over there.

Counties is still the same coaches and selectors I heard, spoke to a selector at a game confirmed what I heard. 3 x kids got picked out of the Shaman in 2012, IMO there's a couple of young players who could go well at a higher level.

Don't worry about the Hawks lol, we're a very young team for 2014 , bunch of no names really - 80% of the team are home grown, the rest are from Shaman clubs, chasing the Fox dream - we're a development team.

I really hate to say it but unless there's some serious upsets in round 2, the $ clubs will be there again in the GF.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
You telling me! Dissention in the ranks. Otablu boys not happy with the coach. Heard the hooker George Smith stepped him out lol. He wont play for the club again while Keith is around.

One can only hope we win enough to not get relegated cause this season is a bust. The way Richmond are going I dont think we have anything to worry about...

slaughterhouse.sa

You telling me! Dissention in the ranks. Otablu boys not happy with the coach. Heard the hooker George Smith stepped him out lol. He wont play for the club again while Keith is around.

One can only hope we win enough to not get relegated cause this season is a bust. The way Richmond are going I dont think we have anything to worry about...

Funny thing the coach has a big rap and plenty of success.
I thought they would go well.

How is Paki Afu going? He was a good player in NYC a few years back.
Heard he went and down his Mission.

Otablu some need some good hearty simon mannering whiteboy like players lol.
Like Marcus Marsh.

Last edited:

slaughterhouse.sa

Malu did nothing really, some of his team mates bagged him out loud after the game for missing there kicks; I heard he has been at the Warriors NSW cup trainings, don't know what for though but TBH he looked heavy out there on Saturday, we all noticed he was a little bit slower then usual. We banged Aiden clean 2nd hit up of the game on his ass, he never recovered really same goes for Tony, Snell (2nd row) IMO was there best forward he played both ways well and made meters. There halves go missing to much, both can't tackle, and there game hasn't changed - reason why we dropped Hotene last year to reserves.

The miracle man coach didn't get them out of jail, if anything he had a few shocking moments for a player of his class. Still he's a class player but player coach isn't working IMO the boat is rocking over there for the EX Hawks players lol Some of those juniors that left were just average really, they are starting to be found out. They dropped our 2013 hooker after a few games - lol I told him he won't get past Jethro Friend over there.

Counties is still the same coaches and selectors I heard, spoke to a selector at a game confirmed what I heard. 3 x kids got picked out of the Shaman in 2012, IMO there's a couple of young players who could go well at a higher level.

Don't worry about the Hawks lol, we're a very young team for 2014 , bunch of no names really - 80% of the team are home grown, the rest are from Shaman clubs, chasing the Fox dream - we're a development team.

I really hate to say it but unless there's some serious upsets in round 2, the $ clubs will be there again in the GF.

Malu went from a world cup to playing Fox - probably lacks a bit of motivation.
Will remain a serviceable player at Fox level no doubt though.

Hotene looked like a bit of a touch player when I seen him play last year - not terrible but not reliable.

Luisi along with Eddie Purcell, Tevita Latu (on his day) best players in the comp.

Yeah the coach situation isnt perfect - again I think they pay him the coaches salary.
Most Fox coaches would get 5 - 10k.

That Mangere Hooker - was a super strong runner but cant pass.
He is like Trent Bishop probably two best dummy half runners going around.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Fox Memorial Shield
Foxriikiarl header

Untirtutled

Māori Television, in association with Auckland Rugby League, brings to you the Fox Memorial Shield.

Schedule
Saturday 14 June, 1.30pm - Pt Chevalier v Glenora
Sunday 15 June, 3.30pm - Howick v Otahuhu
Saturday 21 June, 3.30pm - Mt Albert v Northcote
Sunday 22 June, 1.30pm - Otahuhu v Papakura
Saturday 28 June, 3.30pm - Howick Hornets v Papakura
Sunday 29 June, 1.30pm - Mangere East v Mt Albert
Saturday 05 July, 3.30pm - Mangere East v Pt Chevalier
Sunday 06 July, 1.30pm - Northcote v Marist
Saturday 12 July, 3.30pm - Marist v Mangere East
Sunday 13 July, 1.30pm - Papakura v Richmond
Saturday 19 July, 3.30pm - Richmond v Glenora

https://www.maoritelevision.com/tv/featured

ramraider78

ramraider78

We lost to Papakura on the weekend and unless the counties teams pull off some magic the Fox is staying out central for another year - for a team with huge financial resources they didn't play for 80 minutes, unfit for the start of the 2 nd round - we ran them down in the last 15 mins to get back in the game.

The NYC warriors who played for Papakura on Saturday IMO are the only reason they won; Jazz Tevaga - Hooker, Roman Tuhimata - Prop, George Edwards - FB, James Bell - 2nd row; kept them in the game to the end, they covered the middle on D when we had a roll on. I was very impressed with Bell's leadership after we scored back to back tries,he spoke to the players under the posts, and provided motivation. Roman Tuhimata also impressed, first time to see him up close,he wasn't shy to run the ball up the middle,bends the line and he has good size on him. If the NYC 20's didn't have the bye ,we would of taken them IMO they were unfit and they have no reserves coming through. At least actual Papakura juniors won them the game IMO.

I hear Monty Betham is making another comeback to the league field for Pt Chev - should be interesting lol.