General 2014 Auckland Rugby League Competition

slaughterhouse.sa

I never heard of Ackland saying that - my uncle is the secretary of the lions - so I'll put that to him next week - I doubt it though. The $7000 is on the money. Know the dad of one of them and he can't believe it. A transfer is based on more than what the ARL stipulates. It's also based on the agreement the player(s) were lent to the club. Richmond actually thought point wouldn't want to pay it, but they did. Actually Richmond didn't want the money but decided to make a statement. I'll talk my mate today and ask of he's ok I give the names out who transferred.
I hope Pt Chev do get knocked over. They are a club that's been caught cheating before and need to be given a lesson in honour.

7K per player is not on the money.
They would only have to pay Richmond 3K for somebody like Arden McCarthy and Pat Sipley because they played Vulcans.
They might sign those players to contracts who knows but they dont need to pay Richmond any more money.

How is the secretary going to know??
Ackland would of put pressure to join fox sides - and for some told them to try Mt Albert. (Exactly same situation as Jones)
Kids turns up to Mt Albert training and signs up nobody is privy to that except the kids.

As for Pt Chev - they are just playing the game.

Otahuhu have done in their history - early nineties they had like 5 or 6 kiwis - even when blackmore one they would of had a big payroll
Mt Albert have done it their whole existance (lol) - well they wrote the book on winning championships (including chapters on how to recruit).
Mt Albert have a history of excellence and can whilst they spend up still back up with good coaching.

slaughterhouse.sa

With you on that one Buck. Hate what they did in 2012 to the Sea Eagles. Who the hell loses 102 nil to the Saints lol. Fucking cheating scumbags. Pity they have such strong sponsorship. They very nearly lost it all after that incident if Stacey didnt step back into the club.

Mind you I hate the Lions too Buck so sorry :p:p:p...

Likewise ....I dont support anyone North of Otahuhu. I.e any of the Counties sides

And in terms of the integrity of the competition.
I would be less concerned with Jones being junior Warriors coach.and far more concerned about - John Ackland being ARL CEO lol.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Otahuhu have done in their history - early nineties they had like 5 or 6 kiwis - even when blackmore one they would of had a big payroll
Hahaha coach at the time use to send the secretary or another club person in a van to pick up Scorpion juniors which included Ruben Wiki. Otahuhu in all fairness were still producing some great talent and had scouts circling which also helped attract players to the club. The likes of Richie Barnett were there in the mid 90's and the Ropati's, Hugh McGahan, Ritchie Blackmore just left only a few years earlier.

Richie didnt have a big budget in 2010. Just had the mana and know how to bring the best out of the players. Only player I can remember from that squad that wasnt a junior player was the Howick prop. Forget his name but he was a big lad. The vast majority of that team was on $50 vouchers with only 2-3 like Blackwell getting paid more.

And yes, I am being defensive...

Buck777

With you on that one Buck. Hate what they did in 2012 to the Sea Eagles. Who the hell loses 102 nil to the Saints lol. Fucking cheating scumbags. Pity they have such strong sponsorship. They very nearly lost it all after that incident if Stacey didnt step back into the club.

Mind you I hate the Lions too Buck so sorry :p:p:p...
No apologies mate lol. Man when I played for the lions I swear even my Labrador hated me !! I think we were the most hated club in Auckland by a mile. Probably because we beat everyone haha!
I have to say though that my last two playing years was with Richmond ( Dave Solomona's team ) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - wished I played for them earlier actually. I was the only palangi in the team but they considered me family. We didn't win a lot so as a 'family' we often consoled each other with a lot of alcohol, but yeah - one of the better clubs around

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
And you should know - a good secretary knows everything - everything - about the club
Dont you know it ;)

Best way to get the goss is have a beer with the secretary or captain...

Reactions: 1 users

slaughterhouse.sa

Classic. Tell you what - I'll get the Richmond bank statement scanned shall I lol?
Hey, look they paid it. But we could go round in circles. Richmond are $21000 richer and good on them, they might try and buy a Mt Albert player or two with that coin!!
And you should know - a good secretary knows everything - everything - about the club
Cla

Classic. Tell you what - I'll get the Richmond bank statement scanned shall I lol?
Hey, look they paid it. But we could go round in circles. Richmond are $21000 richer and good on them, they might try and buy a Mt Albert player or two with that coin!!

Just say what players they transferred from Richmond. Just interested.
Good one Richmond. If true - why are they angry at Pt Chev then lol?

Edit: all the transfers are public (no amounts)
https://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-4975-69518-0-0&a=CLEAR

slaughterhouse.sa

Hahaha coach at the time use to send the secretary or another club person in a van to pick up Scorpion juniors which included Ruben Wiki. Otahuhu in all fairness were still producing some great talent and had scouts circling which also helped attract players to the club. The likes of Richie Barnett were there in the mid 90's and the Ropati's, Hugh McGahan, Ritchie Blackmore just left only a few years earlier.

Richie didnt have a big budget in 2010. Just had the mana and know how to bring the best out of the players. Only player I can remember from that squad that wasnt a junior player was the Howick prop. Forget his name but he was a big lad. The vast majority of that team was on $50 vouchers with only 2-3 like Blackwell getting paid more.

And yes, I am being defensive...

Exactly not hating on Otahuhu - they had some realy glamour behind them in the 90s - remember people wanted to play for the team. They obviously had good scouts.
People like blackmore were discovered stars anyway. All the young South Auckland kids wanted to play for the Leopards. Still do because of their history and mana.

Richie had the biggest budget they have had in years. Otahuhu were desperate to win.
Guys like Heta were on big money too and he was originally a manurewa or papakura player.

Again not hating because they had good coaching and professional setup - my whole point.
I used to really hate Mt Albert - but reality is tha

Richmond can blame Pt Chev, but they have some decent juniors playing for teams like Marist too.
They arent playing for Marist because of the money.

Didnt their Under 18 & Under 20s sides win the championships.
And they have their own "Academy".

ramraider78

ramraider78

Reading the last few posts and covering a few of them - TBH i'll be amazed if they got that much $ for 3 players??? I heard today 21 k is accurate but for all the transfers that had left this season. I'm interested to know how 3 players can be worth 21 k? We have been told world cup fees don't apply for any pacific rim player that went last year. If the NZ Warriors can pay part of those fees, awesome another income for the my club lol we have enough players coming through the NYC system lol If there $ going around like that all clubs should get a cut - in reality it will only be the favored ones.

I've heard some wild NYC rumors about Shaun Johnson recently, about the whole PT Chev conspiracy thing, love this talk sometimes over a beer but TBH I don't think it add's up - players will follow each other because of friendships an $. I do believe they pay a core of there 20's and women's players over at Pt Chev - tha info from within there club. The business trust out there of sponsors work well IMO to bring that $ in , the club in reality doesn't run that premier team similar to the B.O.D out at Kura. Tof Sipley I heard left because the roster was to old for Richmond this year not enough youth were bloodied through and his brother was there.

BTW I thought that sporting pulse info about transfers was confidential???

Anyway clubs are entitled to the transfer fees IMO being older an wiser now, clubs develop some of these players and enable them to play in a structured club that gets them recognized - time an effort goes on behind the scenes to make this work. Amateur game - with semi professional $ thrown around , clubs need a level playing field to survive. If it's good for players to move around clubs for $ - where's the loyalty , RUBBISH IMO because I have seen it hard over the last few years, it's good enough for these guys to put there kids in our teams to develop them for the future but don't really want to help us out to win a fox in the premier team - sour rant. Before you bring up the whole junior movement debate again slaughter, answer this how many Howick juniors have ever come to hawks??? That club only has 15 teams this year - nothing in the open grade for internationals,but heaps of $ - still approaching our juniors through the lot already over there - had 2 x juniors transfer out to Howick last week to come back because ,there parents did the WTH we don't live in that area lol

I've spoken to Ackland a few times and recently as well - I don't think he was totally to blame for player movement to the Lions - $ talks big time to players out there, who really have to ownership of that,sick of hearing there BS excuses why they move around - anyway some of the guys up ARL needed to get off there ass and do some work out in the community.

On the subject of Richmond they have been sniffing around us for players but had no luck - St Pauls old boys was the link to get them over; Hawks boys I spoke to were fiercely loyal to St Pauls but never Richmond,cause they never lived on the area.

Richmonds 18's lost the GF to us; they only won the 20's.

Ellerslie have paid big $ to Willie Peace to go over , more then what they paying senior Fox players lol told us himself.

Great posts BTW Slaughter an Buck ,typing these long posts takes to dam long for me .

slaughterhouse.sa

Reading the last few posts and covering a few of them - TBH i'll be amazed if they got that much $ for 3 players??? I heard today 21 k is accurate but for all the transfers that had left this season. I'm interested to know how 3 players can be worth 21 k? We have been told world cup fees don't apply for any pacific rim player that went last year. If the NZ Warriors can pay part of those fees, awesome another income for the my club lol we have enough players coming through the NYC system lol If there $ going around like that all clubs should get a cut - in reality it will only be the favored ones.

I've heard some wild NYC rumors about Shaun Johnson recently, about the whole PT Chev conspiracy thing, love this talk sometimes over a beer but TBH I don't think it add's up - players will follow each other because of friendships an $. I do believe they pay a core of there 20's and women's players over at Pt Chev - tha info from within there club. The business trust out there of sponsors work well IMO to bring that $ in , the club in reality doesn't run that premier team similar to the B.O.D out at Kura. Tof Sipley I heard left because the roster was to old for Richmond this year not enough youth were bloodied through and his brother was there.

BTW I thought that sporting pulse info about transfers was confidential???

Anyway clubs are entitled to the transfer fees IMO being older an wiser now, clubs develop some of these players and enable them to play in a structured club that gets them recognized - time an effort goes on behind the scenes to make this work. Amateur game - with semi professional $ thrown around , clubs need a level playing field to survive. If it's good for players to move around clubs for $ - where's the loyalty , RUBBISH IMO because I have seen it hard over the last few years, it's good enough for these guys to put there kids in our teams to develop them for the future but don't really want to help us out to win a fox in the premier team - sour rant. Before you bring up the whole junior movement debate again slaughter, answer this how many Howick juniors have ever come to hawks??? That club only has 15 teams this year - nothing in the open grade for internationals,but heaps of $ - still approaching our juniors through the lot already over there - had 2 x juniors transfer out to Howick last week to come back because ,there parents did the WTH we don't live in that area lol
Yeh
I've spoken to Ackland a few times and recently as well - I don't think he was totally to blame for player movement to the Lions - $ talks big time to players out there, who really have to ownership of that,sick of hearing there BS excuses why they move around - anyway some of the guys up ARL needed to get off there ass and do some work out in the community.

On the subject of Richmond they have been sniffing around us for players but had no luck - St Pauls old boys was the link to get them over; Hawks boys I spoke to were fiercely loyal to St Pauls but never Richmond,cause they never lived on the area.

Richmonds 18's lost the GF to us; they only won the 20's.

Ellerslie have paid big $ to Willie Peace to go over , more then what they paying senior Fox players lol told us himself.

Great posts BTW Slaughter an Buck ,typing these long posts takes to dam long for me .

Yeah they might be rich but surely not that dumb.

PS: I just like debating - I actually hope any team other than Pt Chev and Mt Albert win the fox lol. I already hate both teams with a passion lol (and probably put Kura in the boat too - because or ram raiders posts) And they do it badly. Really support teams like Glenora and Northcote trying to fight the bigger powers and the south auckland team by nature.
I just rate on paper both Howick and Otahuhu's team as they could be the south auckland teams to win the comp.

Yeah I just googled to see I could see the rules. Heard alot of people talk about them and then it showed the point chev.
If you google it you can probably find all the team. the payments must be private lol.

How sad you have to play Under 20s - unless it with free pie and chips and tracksuits lol.

Definately agree you points have merit about developing players - I know mangere have good history with good junior setups.
Good managers and I heard they used to do Australian tours etc.However some clubs do nothing for players and a player could play for one club for 10 years and then switch club and they are owned by the new club.

MOST senior rugby league players get PAID NOTHING or VERY LITTLE......that would barely cover petrol costs.
I dont agree that a social league player - playing reserves or fringe Fox player is restricted by a fee for a game they are playing for the love of it.

Note just as many players use money as the excuse to leave (polynesian way of been nice)... to break it to their child hood clubs. Easy out.
Though clearly some geat paid enough to change clubs.

Clearly Stedman Lefau went to Papakura for money (unless he is tight with roman). (was he a leopards junior?? anyway)
But somebody like Eko Malu clearly left because his dad got flicked as coach. No way would he hang around.
But Hotene wasnt he in junior warriors - he couldnt even make Mangere team. Again I wouldnt hang around either.

Hopefully some Hornets and Sea-Eagles head back to mangere at some stage. (when papakura get fed up with wasting money on their premiers lol)

I did float the idea that some players will benefit from chaning clubs some times- its not really because they can win a fox but more so a setup, good culture and mix of youth/senior players where they can develop and learn heaps. Those going to papakura isnt for development - they are either following Hifo or want money.

Look at Otahuhu, Glenora, Papakura and Howicks team lists - they have a really good mix of youth and senior players.
Young players will learn a few lessons and potentially look good - execpt from Papakura as it sounds like they still have a bad culture.

As for Mangere & Richmond and lots of other clubs - How many players in reality left purely because of money? and how many left for other reasons.
You cant control - if you wanna be succesful can't be purely focused about blaming money or other clubs.

Mangere have had massive exodus of players over the past 5 years - many of those arent about money.I really hope they can stay in fox and build back up. Last year they had a side to almost win the fox. There is some really good juniors and I assume Warriors 20s and plenty of future 20s at the club. Hawks need to be in the Fox.

Tru - I remember they did well last year - think they could blood some of those boys.
Yeah St Pauls is filled with Mangere, Rewa and Otahuhu boys

slaughterhouse.sa

How far do you go back? When giving rights/ownership to certain clubs.

Sam Lisone is like Ruben Wiki & Manu Vatuvei - im sure he started at Otara.
Made a few rep teams and played Leopards for the past few years.

If he wanted to go back to Otara - they would have to pay thousands.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
From last weeks round...
PHELAN SHEILD ROUND 5
PHELAN RND 5

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ROUND 4 RESULTS AND LADDER

FOX
FOX RND4

FOX LADDER RND 4

SHARMAN CUP
SHARMAN RND 4

SHARMAN LADDER RND4

ROUND 6 RESULTS AND LADDER

PHELAN SHIELD
PHELAN RND 6

PHELAN LADDER RND6

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Otablu

OTABLU LIST

Went to this game today. Gutted Otablu couldnt get the win but it was a good game nonetheless. No Blackwell for us today but Dowie filled in well at fullback. It was 12-22 to the Lions at halftime with the Lions going up 28-12 soon after the break. Leopards then scored a couple tries to get the scoreline to 22-28 but a dropped ball from the Lions kickoff halted all momentum and the they were able to score off a nice short pass from Cody Walker. Good day for a game and we arent far off the pace. Should be a great game against Pt Chev.

Tough luck ramraider78 on the Roope Rooster match...

slaughterhouse.sa

Went to this game today. Gutted Otablu couldnt get the win but it was a good game nonetheless. No Blackwell for us today but Dowie filled in well at fullback. It was 12-22 to the Lions at halftime with the Lions going up 28-12 soon after the break. Leopards then scored a couple tries to get the scoreline to 22-28 but a dropped ball from the Lions kickoff halted all momentum and the they were able to score off a nice short pass from Cody Walker. Good day for a game and we arent far off the pace. Should be a great game against Pt Chev.

Unlucky......I still think if that Otahuhu get some momentum they pop sneak past Papakura for top four.
On paper they are pretty young.

Mika & Hunt will play for the NZ 18s this year imo.
That Koli 1-1 kid play for Counties last year - he is like 6ft 2 winger. So he must be under 18 too

Just randomnly 5 former Te Atatu players in the Mount side

ramraider78

ramraider78

Can't do much having 9 out injured - horror run of injuries; I was just hoping the score line didn't blow out like the week before; Pt Chev play the fringe very well, up the middle 1 - 2 hit ups then out wide, back doors - we had them rattled in the first half but there experience got them home, with a few sore bodies and ego's on there side, in the 2nd half :finger: At least when you play the lions they don't talk shit but those pirates, shit talkers, an cry babies cause a bunch of kids didn't back down and put a few reps in check lol - TBH they will be top 4 again easy, if you can take care of Retzslaff there pack will fold,he was a beast yesterday.

Got to love local league on a Saturday :D

slaughterhouse.sa

Can't do much having 9 out injured - horror run of injuries; I was just hoping the score line didn't blow out like the week before; Pt Chev play the fringe very well, up the middle 1 - 2 hit ups then out wide, back doors - we had them rattled in the first half but there experience got them home, with a few sore bodies and ego's on there side, in the 2nd half :finger: At least when you play the lions they don't talk shit but those pirates, shit talkers, an cry babies cause a bunch of kids didn't back down and put a few reps in check lol - TBH they will be top 4 again easy, if you can take care of Retzslaff there pack will fold,he was a beast yesterday.

Retzlaff is class at Fox level - he has shopped himself around to the highest bidder.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Retzlaff is class at Fox level - he has shopped himself around to the highest bidder.
Cant blame him. He wont have long left in his career. Was always a favourite of mine when he played for the Auckland Vulcans. Got a shot at the big time but never went on. Think that was in 2005. Still a very good player and a class above the Fox IMO...

slaughterhouse.sa

Does that Tauti kid play for the Hawks Prems?
Think I seen him play at National Secondary Schools for Aorere or Otahuhu last year.

A lean outside back.

ramraider78

ramraider78

Does that Tauti kid play for the Hawks Prems?
Think I seen him play at National Secondary Schools for Aorere or Otahuhu last year.

A lean outside back.
Centre,the kid is a hitter-banged a few
pirates with solid hits,has good
timing.to many a head of him at 20's atm,played for otahuhu college.

slaughterhouse.sa

Centre,the kid is a hitter-banged a few
pirates with solid hits,has good
timing.to many a head of him at 20's atm,played for otahuhu college.

Will have to go out and watch the hawks when they play oats or kura.
Assume they have good teams in the 15s/17s etc again.