Rumour 2013 Pre-Season Games

Akkerz

Contributor
Not long now . Time for me to get off the couch and into a bit of pre-game, during game & post game verbal training

Reactions: 1 users
Probably but for this one I'm backing off the Warrior boys and staying Ngongi strong

I am also hoping for the best from the locals
At least they have named some promising local BOP up and comers in the squad a few that were Waicoa Bay under 17s reps last year who played very well in the zonal comp.
There is a noted hard hitting Ngo defender named too who will hurt a few of the Warrior juniors.
I expect Waicoa Bay to post a few tries and be more competitive then what is expected but ultimately be run over late in the game.
I will be there

Reactions: 1 user
We're driving down from Aucks and I have never been to Waikato Stadium before. Does anyone have any good tips about parking etc? Easy to park nearby or perhaps an alternative option?

Akkerz

Contributor
We are in the same boat B L so have been doing the 'google' thing
According to the on-line info on the stadium -there is a bit of parking at a couple of the schools close by but none on neighbouring streets. They advise parking in CBD & walking. There was mention of a shuttle but I'm not sure if that only relates to yawnyon season. It's shanks pony I reckon. Parking building charges are very reasonable - about $5.

Maybe some-one familiar with the tron can give us a better plan

We are in the same boat B L so have been doing the 'google' thing
According to the on-line info on the stadium -there is a bit of parking at a couple of the schools close by but none on neighbouring streets. They advise parking in CBD & walking. There was mention of a shuttle but I'm not sure if that only relates to yawnyon season. It's shanks pony I reckon. Parking building charges are very reasonable - about $5.

Maybe some-one familiar with the tron can give us a better plan
Thanks for this information. I'll investigate a clever park in the CBD then.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Last time I went to a trial there vs the Storm I got there early and had no problems finding parking. Mind you my recollection is abit hazy, too many braincell killing activities since but I think we paid $5 to park right next to the place. You wont be dissappointed with the Stadium. Great place to watch a game of league:)...

Akkerz

Contributor
Get there early enough (as in more than half an hour before kick off) and you'll be able to park right by the stadium for $5 bucks or so.

Thanks for that. Ma is the sober driver bless her so I guess we will be there about 10am :eek: She's definately not keen to be seen walking through Hamilton with us drunken bums trailing behind.

i would suggest if you want a really good park you get there for the under 20's game at 1.45. The crowd will be a bloody good one because FINALLY a decent team is coming to town lol !

the stadium does not have its own dedicated car park, unless your part of the waikato rugby old boys club.

they block off a few streets on the night to lessen the amount of cars on the streets. But there are streets you can park on within a 5 - 10 minute walk of the stadium.

Just dont park in countdown or pak n save car parks, they will tow you.

there are a couple of close schools etc that will be letting cars in there grounds for a fee aswell as the odd residentials with room on their lawn lol.....mind you if your coming to the game and staying the night, ultster ,street which is the street with about 50 motels on it, is 2 mins from the ground.

Reactions: 3 users
for anyone coming to the game in hamilton on the 16th and interested in catching up with a few of the kiwi boys in the panthers team, there is going to be a open training session at this stage on the wednesday the 14th.....

havent heard if the warriors are doing the same yet. fingers crossed

will have to start work late that day haha

Reactions: 1 users
i cant see parking being an issue for the game. just drive around the streets near the stadium. ive never had an issue.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
154384_10151257399024593_2109236302_n.jpg

Any GC Warriors fans looking at taking some footage of this trial? Would love to see it...