Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’re all Kiwis. Colour of your skin has nothing to do with anything much except for those that want it to matter.

We can all have our own culture within being a Kiwi.

It’s the ones that have un-kiwi standards like bashing babies that need to be locked up, regardless of skin colour.
True & its on ALL of us to show sensitivity around the comments we make on this subject.

We’re all Kiwis. Colour of your skin has nothing to do with anything much except for those that want it to matter.

It’s the ones that have un-kiwi standards like bashing babies that need to be locked up, regardless of skin colour.
I'm sure the college educated will say the baby had no chance because of Colonialism! That is the garbage they teach in schools these days! 😞

So when do we have a grown talk about NZ’s history that some are still alive to remember atrocities like in this article and those spoken to about it. Absolutely any child losing their life in this manner is unacceptable and should be called out but so should the history of those who you are insinuating are the perpetrators ,and not to the same scale of that in the article but still an underbelly there to this day. I would say if this article doesn’t make your blood boil, you’re not kiwi. Imagine a living person who has memories of a white man kicking your mother in the head, imagine what you would feel towards that person and what he represents. None of this comes from nowhere, even the states role in the birth of gangs like the mongrel mob and black power.

speaking of the great man. What is the point of him going over to the Rugby World Cup final on the tax payer. I cant believe Hipkins and Luxon were ok with this.
Why don't you ask him - he is the minister of sport after all.

If your Luxon and Hipkins has already approved it you have to endorse it don’t you?

In any case I’m actually ok with our sports minister going to a Rugby world cup final where we have a good change of winning.

Perk of the job and good for promotion of NZ if he represents the country in an official capacity amongst all the power brokers. This could be seen as an intangible investment as it could plant the seeds for hosting a world cup in the future.

I know it's endorsed by Hipkins and Luxon. I said that in my original post. Why is he going is my question. What is the benefit to NZ for the trip? I get he is the sports minister but that surely doesn't automatically mean you go to international sporting events on the tax payer does it? Unless there is some tangible benefit to the country which is what I was wanting to know. Is he off to India next for the Cricket world cup? That would make more sense to me in building relationships with a country we are looking to expand our free trade with.

I know it's endorsed by Hipkins and Luxon. I said that in my original post. Why is he going is my question. What is the benefit to NZ for the trip? I get he is the sports minister but that surely doesn't mean you go to international sporting events on the tax payer does it? Unless there is some tangible benefit to the country which is what I was wanting to know. Is he off to India next for the Cricket world cup? That would make more sense to me in building relationships with a country we are looking to expand our free trade with.
He will retire soon from politics and next thing you know he will be a knighted and the next high commissioner for London and hanging out ant all the sporting events with Mallard. 🙄

Certainly a deplorable attack but not comparable to the holocaust that the Jews faced. There seems to be an effort in many places to paint the enemy as nazis. The Israelis are doing it and Russia did it to justify their invasion of the Ukraine.

I’ve said before my wife was an ECE teacher and personally reported several children to Oranga Tamariki.

Given the context she knows the family intimately and spends almost as much time with the children as the whanau do so knows exactly what’s going on. It’s a big call to report a family and you need to be very concerned.

She has reported some heavy level stuff and they basically ignore it. Do an investigation and close the case without even talking to the family… how does that work?

It’s enough that the people in her centre lost faith in the system 🤷‍♂️

Having said that, Oranga Tamariki is between a rock and a hard place. They have attempted to intervene in the past and been heavily criticised and basically told children have to stay with whanau at all costs, even when in lots of cases they shouldn’t be. Some people simply can’t look after themselves, let alone be competent caring for a child…

Specials all in.
Luxon's National only got 3% more vote thank Judith Collins National.
Luxon keeps banging on about a " strong and stable government ".
Will never happen when the 3 leaders are just after the cream positions. 😕

Back